Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 383597 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Cowering in Comfort [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1170 on: January 09, 2016, 12:07:49 am »

Quick question, since I don't want to mees up the save before I even begin, do I need the mods installed myself? I only ask because I can't find the Seething Mist thing.

Ever since DF2010, raw files are included in each save folder, so no, you don't need to install anything.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Cowering in Comfort [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1171 on: January 09, 2016, 10:56:17 am »

Alright, I wasn't sure. Thought I didn't need to downlod anything, but figured I should check before I fuck something up.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 10, 2016, 06:43:47 pm »

So, was that volcano tap sealed off or could the greater spawn now potetially access the fort through the volcano?

It wasn't sealed off, but I put a fortification in there. The Greater Spawn can't get through.

Save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11645

To do list for Chaotic Skies:

Install rollers on MOLE and connect them to power.
Engrave slabs before the ghosts kill us all.
Keep His Gaudiness happy, he's on the verge of going insane.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: January 10, 2016, 08:13:36 pm »

Alright, here goes nothin'....

With the way this fort's been going, I predict some amount of death.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 10, 2016, 08:29:21 pm »

You do realize that using events guaranteed to happen for predictions is cheating, right?

You should be saying "No-one will die under my watch, I'm certain of it!"

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: January 10, 2016, 09:23:04 pm »

You do realize that using events guaranteed to happen for predictions is cheating, right?

You should be saying "No-one will die under my watch, I'm certain of it!"

Don't listen to Splint trying to prevent all deaths is a fool's errand. Try to keep most of the dwarves alive, or at least try to make it so His Gaudiness goes last.

A better prediction would be "The fort won't fall under my watch!" more uncertainty around it.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 12, 2016, 06:10:29 pm »

(Obligatory McBump)

Hey Chaotic, how's the fort doing.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 12, 2016, 06:52:32 pm »

(Obligatory McBump)

Hey Chaotic, how's the fort doing.

Shit, it's already been two days :V  Lost track of time. My bad. Nice catch, Dolo.

Not sure what to do if chaotic doesn't check back in a day or so, since there's nobody on the list after him; thinking I'll just hand the save off to whoever claims it first, if that's alright with everyone. Might start writing shit as a pretense to keep the thread going.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 12, 2016, 09:15:33 pm »

Sorry, been busy af with school, and I think I might be sick...

Anyway, I'm going to atleast try to start work on the fort tonight.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: January 12, 2016, 09:19:13 pm »

Sorry, been busy af with school, and I think I might be sick...

Anyway, I'm going to atleast try to start work on the fort tonight.

Okay. Don't push yourself if you're not feeling well; I just wasn't sure if you were still with us (you wouldn't be the first to pick up the save and then abruptly vanish, lol).

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: January 12, 2016, 09:25:00 pm »

Ah, don't worry about it. DF is one of the few games I can succesfully play while I'm sick, because I son't really care what I'm doing, as long as I have something to focus on. This also leads to some interesting forts, such as the giant-spiral-staircase-to-HFS(hopefully) fort I made...Of course, there was a trade depot at the very bottom of the staircase. No where else for some reason.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 15, 2016, 12:31:48 am »

Eyyy chaoticskies how is the stuff hanging

E: PM'd chaoticskies. I don't see any particular reason to hurry to skip him over, but if I don't hear from him in a couple days or have to pester him much more I'm going to have to put the save up for grabs and pray someone claims it within a few weeks.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:57:14 pm by Mr Frog »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 16, 2016, 04:31:23 pm »

It's.. hanging. Working on the fort as much as I can, but teachers swamped me with book reports and stuff, so we'll see

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 18, 2016, 05:57:37 pm »

It's.. hanging. Working on the fort as much as I can, but teachers swamped me with book reports and stuff, so we'll see

Well, it's been roughly a week and a half since you picked up the save and we have nothing to show for it, is all, and we've had to pester you a bunch of times just to see if you were still alive (which is more irritation than I'm willing to put up with for this). I don't want to have to shitcan you since I'm frankly not sure if I'll be able to get anyone to take the save afterwards, but if we don't get something substantial in the next couple of days or so I'll be willing to take my chances.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 19, 2016, 01:32:26 am »

It is a tad... worrying that this thread seems to be stagnating.

The apparent total lack of activity on chaotic skies' part is also worrying but I choose to have faith on that part.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 140