Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: History Generator Simulator  (Read 27008 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Re: History Generator Simulator
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2016, 01:56:50 pm »

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h5nkociw3d643ep/History+Generator-2016-07-28.zip

A bunch of improvements to the art generation stuff mostly. Also, a fun fact, it's been about one year since I uploaded the first version. I think I got all of the bugs out of the new art generation system, but if I missed anything, please let me know.

2016-07-29
Major changes:
- There is no longer just one stat. Now there is also an art creation rate (with others to come).
- Works of art will now sometimes have basic content (this is mostly for prophesies, but will be expanded upon later).
- Many changes to the string generation system to make it significantly more useful.
- If a nation is completely conquered, all of its notable people and art are now transferred to the conquering nation.

Minor changes:
- Added historians and allowed them to write works.
- Scientists can now write scientific essays.
- Oracles can now issue prophesies (currently do nothing).
- Each profession now has its own base art create chance (in addition to the randomization).
- The game will now store a list of all the battles fought including the location, belligerents, date, result, and statistics.
- Added some more options to the culture form generator (weapons, armor, battles, nations).
- The program now writes a more readable version of the event log (exactly the same stuff that appears in the console while the program is running).
- Increased name variety.
- Added an information GUI for individual pieces of art.
- Added a nation eliminated event.
- Note: Currently all art is registered as being "Lost". This is not actually the case, it's just due to not creating the system whereby art is actually stored in specific cities.

Bug fixes:
- Minor fixes to the art generation stuff to fix some capitalization and excessive spacing.
- Added the notion of countable/uncountable to the form generator so that we don't get things like "Ode to a Water" anymore (will now always be "Ode to the Water").
- Fixes to the string generation system for capitalization.
- Nation's information screen no longer displays dead people.
- Fixed bug where game would notify you of a person's death every year, every if they were already dead.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2016, 01:24:40 pm »

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/iun1z10dluctqu7/History+Generator-2016-08-01.zip

2016-08-01
Major changes:
- Nations now all have a relations value for every other nation, which determines how hostile/accepting they are of that nation. This value is used for treaties and such.
- Added treaties to the game. Treaties, for now, simply provide an interface for the simulation to check how each treaty is developing, and use that information to determine the nations' relations.

Minor changes:
- Battle statistics now include deaths as well as kills.
- Added more descriptions/content to the various art forms.
- Took out abstract art for now--I want to improve it's subject/content generation before I put it back, and it needs a lot of reworking.
- WAY decreased frequency of holy wars (because every was at war with everybody, which is ridiculous).
- Changed the factors that affect starting trade agreements.
- Slightly tweaked some building values.
- Improved the string generator further (allowed custom tags to be added to a specific generator).

Bug fixes:
- Fixed issue with battle statistics where not all troop kills were counted.
- Fixed bug where the simulation would complain that it "cannot advance a negative amount of time" then attempt to do it anyway, causing an error.
- Various fixes to the art generation forms.
- Fixed bug where holy wars were not marked as actually being holy wars.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2016, 05:42:30 pm »

ptw
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2016, 10:01:02 am »

PTW

StrangeMood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2016, 04:31:08 am »

This sounds pretty neat. The .zip files seem empty to me, though... what am I doing wrong?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2016, 05:33:28 am »

Right click and export the contents using WinZip, that worked for me.

MauritianStruggle

• Escaped Lunatic
  • An old guard returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2016, 06:18:02 pm »

ptw

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2016, 11:35:16 pm »

Finally a new update. This one contains a bunch of stuff that I actually did months ago, but I didn't feel it was large enough to release. Now there's a bit more stuff, although it's hardly fleshed out at this point.

Also I made a video giving a brief overview of the History Generator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEbOVTCy6yM

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ai7blnxtm6wg9bt/History+Generator-2016-11-25.zip

2016-11-24
Major changes:
- Changed artists to have more of an identity, rather than just a random art producer. Artists can now switch professions, become specialized in producing a certain kind of art, or have a penchant for certain topics.
- Made nations' relations actually affect their likelihood of trading and going to war.
- Religions are now kept track of separately from nations, and nations can have a mix of religions in them.
    - New people born in a city have a random chance to be ANY religion, or even start a new religion.
    - Generally people will follow the religion of their own city, however.

Minor changes:
- Now all names generated by a nation's language will be remembered, so if an artist creates a work with any name from his language in it, it won't get re-translated.
- Improved the generator further (can now conjugate verbs).
- Added an information window for people.
- Simplified the displayed city name.
- Made relations changes make a little more sense (based on the amount per year, rather than just the straight amount).
- Notable people now live in a city, and will occasionally move around the world. This has no other effects at the moment.
- Writers will now sometimes write myths.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed the weighted random selector to like, actually handle the weights correctly (whoops).
- Sort of fixed bug where the game would crash while creating a new treaty.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:52:04 am by kytuzian »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2016, 07:44:41 pm »

Just saw this, going to try it out.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2016, 11:42:04 pm »

Looks very good. I'd recommend you put up screenshots and features on the OP.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2016, 09:32:18 pm »

Looks very good. I'd recommend you put up screenshots and features on the OP.

There's a feature list/explanation on the readme on the Github page. As far as screenshots go, I'll probably add some eventually, but I have some videos up showing it working.

Also, another update. The main focus of this one was performance, so now there are two new ways to run battles extra fast.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/58eshb3uc857hs5/History+Generator-2016-12-30.zip

2016-12-30
Major changes:
- Battles can now be run without graphics, which speeds up the rate at which
they run. Battles can also be run in "fast" mode--this greatly speeds up the
battle speed, but it also removes many features from the normal battles, so
you won't get the same results.

Minor changes:
- Notable people now have a religion, and their roles are affected by their religion (for example, a person who follows a religion that worships a prominent war god is more likely to be a general).
- Changed reloading speed to be simply the troop's discipline plus a random
either 0 or 1.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug where art was trying to get a religion to base it's artwork off of.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2017, 04:29:04 pm »

Does anyone know how to get this to run on mac?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2017, 03:23:02 pm »

Your zipped files appear empty to me.  Only yours. odd.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2017, 07:29:22 pm »

I normally program on a Mac (and, naturally, also test it there), and I've never had any problems with it running. Could you be more specific with the issue you're having?

That is strange. I guarantee there's something in it. You can verify by looking at the download page (it says the file size is 78.95 kB). I tried uploading a new zip file, if that doesn't work, try going to the GitHub page and clicking "Clone or download" then click "Download ZIP". It'll be a slightly updated version, but I think it's just as stable.

Here is the new download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eyvi7o7i7odvco0/History+Generator-2016-12-30%282%29.zip

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2017, 01:42:22 pm »

I normally program on a Mac (and, naturally, also test it there), and I've never had any problems with it running. Could you be more specific with the issue you're having?

That is strange. I guarantee there's something in it. You can verify by looking at the download page (it says the file size is 78.95 kB). I tried uploading a new zip file, if that doesn't work, try going to the GitHub page and clicking "Clone or download" then click "Download ZIP". It'll be a slightly updated version, but I think it's just as stable.

Here is the new download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eyvi7o7i7odvco0/History+Generator-2016-12-30%282%29.zip

Yup that has it. It's 150kb
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7