Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220744 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2015, 05:37:18 am »

On a side note, I assume that the fact that the increase in artillery (more ore=more guns) not being mentioned is simply because we're running out of hands to fire all the guns?
Whether charging or parked within combat range, the Struunk has a high profile and is vulnerable to sustained AS-1910 fire, which is now everywhere.
I'd say its increased availability has done us well in the trenches.

EDIT: What's up with the Moskurg thread name?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:39:23 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2015, 05:38:58 am »

As-1910 is the machine gun. AS-1912 is our artillery.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2015, 05:39:23 am »

He's referring to the 80mm artillery, I believe. Yes, there are for the most part enough artillery to use as needed- other soldiers have to be in the trenches, charge, support tanks, and man machine guns.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2015, 05:40:38 am »

Sorry, I read the "running out of hands to fire all the guns" and my brain just thought they meant machine guns.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2015, 05:50:47 am »

Anyway, for GLORIOUS FLAG CONTEST, Moskurg submits two designs for it's citizens to vote for (And reminds all the people that they cannot vote at all in Arstotzka)

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2015, 05:53:05 am »

Is that...
* Aseaheru adjusts his glasses
The Finnish flag reversed, with some sabers?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2015, 05:54:34 am »

Poor Moskurg so lacking ingenuity must steal from Nordic warriors. I say shame but you have none. *tsk*

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2015, 05:56:23 am »

There's no finland in existence just yet. So they reversed the colour of our flag!

Not that we mind, good flag is good, and people copying glorious Moskurg is always better.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2015, 06:30:06 am »

Have much create GLORIOUS Arstotzkan flag for citizens to vote, who reminded that cannot vote in Moskurg unless make love to tiger in front of Moskurg officials.

Glory to Arstotzka!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2015, 07:11:46 am »

Everyone in my faction is convinced that a portable machine gun is useless or barely better than what we have. Am I missing something? I'm asking here so I can get a larger pool of opinions as well as not clutter up our thread with more discussion on the topic.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:13:31 am by Andres »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2015, 07:23:28 am »

Well, its like this.

Moskergian first "machine gun" is a small autocannon, and took a large crew and normally a cart. Arstokian first machine gun was in same caliber as normal rifles, and could be handled by a crew of three. This meant that the former could be used in more areas than the latter, as the latter needed places where a cart could go (the plains).

Later, a smaller, more sane vs infantry machine gun was designed, which took a crew of two. This turned it from a fortification weapon to a more mobile piece.

The point being: When a static gun is swapped for a mobile gun, the effect is far greater than taking a mobile gun and replacing it with a slightly more mobile gun.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2015, 07:32:45 am »

The 1910 wasn't a mobile gun, though. It needed 3 people just to operate and carry it. The Brumby can be operated and carried by a single person. (Not two people doing one job each - one person doing both jobs.) With our 1910 Mag, we took a static gun and replaced it with a slightly more mobile gun, rather than replacing it with a truly mobile gun.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:45:36 am by Andres »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2015, 08:03:03 am »

Compared to the autocannon, the 1910 was a mobile gun. Also, right you are. Brumbly truly is a LMG.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2015, 08:05:55 am »

Obviously, I support the ADDED TIGER flag.  Besides, look at Arstotzkan flags - in half of them, the star is crudely sewn on!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2015, 08:17:17 am »

Obviously, I support the ADDED TIGER flag.  Besides, look at Arstotzkan flags - in half of them, the star is crudely sewn on!
(I'm not a professional artist and I did the best I could. I hope the GM considers my design rather than my presentation, which I think is good.)

But seriously, what's with the Moskurg thread name?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:20:30 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 159