Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220492 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2015, 01:29:23 pm »

The tread coming apart doesn't render the crew unconscious. The hostile environement inside the tank (coal fire, 50 degrees, cramped) does.
I...don't see where that enters into what we were discussing. I was refuting your claim that AT rifles couldn't damage treads. But yeah, it is kind of nuts that you guys have a steam-powered tank. You'd think it would be far too heavy to even move.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2015, 01:32:23 pm »

We dont have to be 100% realistic imo, once we get our giant iron horses running, not even these weak tanks will stop us.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2015, 01:34:49 pm »

The tread coming apart doesn't render the crew unconscious. The hostile environement inside the tank (coal fire, 50 degrees, cramped) does.
I...don't see where that enters into what we were discussing. I was refuting your claim that AT rifles couldn't damage treads. But yeah, it is kind of nuts that you guys have a steam-powered tank. You'd think it would be far too heavy to even move.
I'm pretty sure it arrives near the battlefield as a self-contained railway package.  Dissassemble the locomotive and train, then make a tank.

Steam tanks existed though. Ours is just ridicously big.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_tank

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #198 on: July 26, 2015, 01:41:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure it arrives near the battlefield as a self-contained railway package.  Dissassemble the locomotive and train, then make a tank.

Steam tanks existed though. Ours is just ridicously big.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_tank
That makes a lot of sense. A hull you can lower onto the chassis with a crane or something. But more I was concerned about ground pressure, because locomotive engines are heavy, but-

That's really neat actually. They actually made one that worked.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 26, 2015, 01:55:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Here is my submission for Moksburg's flag.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2015, 04:38:16 pm »

I've come up with two new variants on the flag, this time borrowing a bit from Papers Please' Arstotzka. I wanted to make winged variants before but failed in drawing them. This design worked.

Also the "stitches" are supposed to be light beams. I can't really get that across some other way by using Paint.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2015, 04:40:35 pm »

I notice a significant lack of tiger head :c

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2015, 04:43:23 pm »

Perhaps making them long and triangular, with the fat end at the star, and have one side lighter than the other?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2015, 04:45:35 pm »

Actually,my claim was that the Horsekiller couldn't crack the tread.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2015, 04:48:33 pm »

Yes, Horsekiller has AT rifle caliber but it is not an AT rifle. It is an oversized hunting rifle and can't be compared with Boys or PTRD.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2015, 05:22:34 pm »

I notice a significant lack of tiger head :c
I think that kinda just clutters it imo.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2015, 08:42:54 pm »

One of the things that makes the tank more Expensive is the track system, but our Treads technology doesn't say it's Expensive. Just wanted to ask if I'm missing something or Treads should be given the [Expensive] tag.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2015, 08:46:27 pm »

Actually, my claim was that the Horsekiller couldn't crack the tread.
That's what I said. I said the Horsekiller could.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2015, 09:04:46 pm »

Just asking, but based on the large amount of posts your thread has got I'm guessing you're arguing about how to beat our tank?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2015, 09:06:09 pm »

Just asking, but based on the large amount of posts your thread has got I'm guessing you're arguing about how to beat our tank?
Among other things.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 159