Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 219330 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #525 on: August 02, 2015, 05:36:14 am »

Last turn, not this one. Where there was parity in the skies.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 02, 2015, 05:42:16 am »

In 1921, Moskurg was going to lose their trains if they didn't get better protection. Now they have some so-so AA capability, and Arstotzkan planes haven't changed much. Therefore, Moskurg train lines hold on (tenuously). That's the primary logic. Also, I always pictured Plane Vs Train battles happening in the desert near the mountains, rather than in the precipitous steep treacherous stormy mountain valleys, which would require some serious barnstorming skills.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 02, 2015, 06:29:35 am »

serious barnstorming skills.
Arstotzka has much better barnstorming kills than Moskurg! We have mortars so we can use our incendiary rounds to light the barn on fire much more quickly than Moskurg's artillery can. Once the people inside have been smoked out, our wide variety of small arms allows us to shoot at the survivors no matter what range they're at when they come out. Since our uniforms don't come with capes, our uniforms are much less likely to catch on fire if we decide to storm the barn while it's still on fire.

Glory to Arstotzka!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 02, 2015, 07:35:45 am »

So, I went to Moskurg thread to see why their recoilless rifle is so kick ass and...

is it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M18_recoilless_rifle  with a different name? Numbers and description make me think so.

Edit: oh, no, not a clone, Rhino is 2 times lighter while having the same size
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:38:11 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 02, 2015, 07:39:00 am »

Also, more accurate at range.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 02, 2015, 07:42:42 am »

So, I went to Moskurg thread to see why their recoilless rifle is so kick ass and...

is it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M18_recoilless_rifle  with a different name? Numbers and description make me think so.

Edit: oh, no, not a clone, Rhino is 2 times lighter while having the same size

I think you'll find we're in excellent company along with the PRC, then.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 02, 2015, 08:03:17 am »

It's completely silly though. You simply don't have the explosives, the material, the aerodynamic experience to make it work.

Besides, your weapon shouldn't be effective against our APC's and such anyway. It fires pure HE shells at low velocity. Those can't penetrate the frontal armor.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 02, 2015, 08:06:27 am »

It's completely silly though. You simply don't have the explosives, the material, the aerodynamic experience to make it work.

Sure we do.  That's what we spent our Design phase learning instead of how to make steam ships.  Looks like we're not leading the transport industry of tomorrow any more!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 02, 2015, 08:14:36 am »

All silliness and internal propaganda purposes aside, what you have done now would be the same if we suddenly designed a jet fighter. The technology simply doesn't exist yet to create a weapon with said capabilities.

Also, I'm not normally to complain about metagaming, but this is a bit much.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Almost exactly the same design, with features listed in pretty much the same order.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:22:36 am by 10ebbor10 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 02, 2015, 08:24:31 am »

Mind you, I actually saw Tryrars halfway through writing my one up, which I was trawling wikipedia for.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 02, 2015, 08:38:44 am »

I thought we weren't supposed to read each others' threads in the first place.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 02, 2015, 08:47:44 am »

I thought we weren't supposed to read each others' threads in the first place.
Metagaming is indeed frowned of, but I suppose its always legal to peek into them as long as you are not reacting on their designs this turn.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 02, 2015, 02:38:00 pm »

Oh yeah, the Rhino will not pen frontal armor at medium range. It's most effective in the jungle anyway though.

I'll be out most of the day today so don't expect real updates until the wee hours of the morning, I'll be on mobile sometimes though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 02, 2015, 04:04:02 pm »

Rhino penetrated my suspension of disbelief from a long range :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #539 on: August 02, 2015, 06:57:59 pm »

With Sensei's permission, I made my own design game based on his! http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152370.msg6417231#msg6417231 This one's in 1970. Ebbor is all alone in Amerika. He needs friends.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 159