Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220401 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #705 on: August 06, 2015, 05:52:26 am »

They stole the new one, with the nice fuel injectors. Doesn't that make you mad?

I deem the Arstotzkan design decisions to be not made based on total metagaming, most of that was stuff they wanted to do for a while anyway. Already, the fell wind of the ice giants blows in the tundra, there is no need for further denunciation.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 06, 2015, 06:05:36 am »

Should watch out for dust devils in the desert as well.

Anyway, a bit more nagging. I wanted to see just how much that Moskurgian ore shortage screwed up their forces, but then I noticed that multiple units have no noted ore requirement.

Brumby is one example.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 06, 2015, 06:08:54 am »

Should watch out for dust devils in the desert as well.

Anyway, a bit more nagging. I wanted to see just how much that Moskurgian ore shortage screwed up their forces, but then I noticed that multiple units have no noted ore requirement.

Brumby is one example.

Considering this:

Dos an MG-34 count? :P. they got a pretty good GPMG coming this turn, so that might give us some problems

Clearly he explicitly considered his position on our not-yet-deployed new MP, unlike us who just peek and laugh at your puny attempts at actually metagaming.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 06, 2015, 06:13:08 am »

I'm a little dissapointed that we get held in the plains due to a lack of infantry trench-clearing weapons, and then we design a trench fighting weapon and a new, very good MG, and promptly get rolled to an enemy that we should quite frankly outclass in the reverse situation.  Didn't Arstotzka have to face the same problem?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:18:16 am by Devastator »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 06, 2015, 06:15:59 am »

it didn't influence the revision.  And it was the answer to a prediction of your future situation, noy anything related to this turn.

That said, GM rules our decision was unaffected. And you should really quote the part in which we call him on the metagaming. Really, it is much better when taken in the wider context.

@Sensei: yes, I am mad at them for getting our fuel injection  >:(

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 06, 2015, 06:18:51 am »

@Sensei: yes, I am mad at them for getting our fuel injection  >:(

* Devastator gets out the worlds tiniest violin to the guy up three resources, two permanent.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 06, 2015, 06:21:38 am »

well, not saying we are losing  ;D . in fact, this turn is quite close to the best possible outcome in my predictions.

That doesn't mean I can't be annoyed at you stealing our tech the same turn we develope it. We got some of your tech as well, at least.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 06, 2015, 06:22:53 am »

I actually though I could make a joke like that since we already knew what the hell we were going to do that turn, and apologized for the metagaming later.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 06, 2015, 06:54:10 am »

Bon, since the other side is not letting it go, consider this. Note the timing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 06, 2015, 06:58:27 am »

please note that 1924 had a gap of all of one turn before the most recent one.  So..

1924: pushes AP
1925: doesn't.
1926: pushes AP

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 06, 2015, 07:04:29 am »

Aha, but look at this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In the same post, I identified another enemy flaw. Guess what was the second and third fix now  priority on that list. Flak and flare respectively.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 06, 2015, 07:06:12 am »

Most new round variants come in threes though, so I thought it'd be best to slap those on to ensure we know what we're getting.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 06, 2015, 07:06:15 am »

ebbor, your third quote earlier refers to OUR tank having AP shells.

and flak and flares could as well be inspired by our own developement of those same.

suspicious? maybe a little. But not a proof.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 06, 2015, 07:09:55 am »

ebbor, your third quote earlier refers to OUR tank having AP shells.

Yup I know. I just wanted to note AP was a real concern.

suspicious? maybe a little. But not a proof.

Off course not. But which is worse, suspicion that metagaming was used for advantage, or the knowledge that metagaming was used, but not to any advantage. I mean, it's no secret that Moskurg reads our thread, they admitted it themselves repeatedly. Thus the relevation that one of us read their thread should be of no importance.

Dropping the issue now, but I just wanted to show that Moskurg aren't saints either.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:12:19 am by 10ebbor10 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 06, 2015, 07:25:38 am »

Thank you for making a direct accusation followed by telling us how you are dropping the issue.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 159