Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220412 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1020 on: August 13, 2015, 12:07:55 pm »

i think we'll be getting an export industry out of this instead

go take a breather, sheesh

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 13, 2015, 12:09:24 pm »

the latest post, if you really finished discussing in your thread, could be excused. What bothered us more, I think ( speaking for myself now) is that you and evilcherry were following our thread so closely to immediately reply to stuff happening in it. Which gives a feeling of a remarkable lack of private space in a game in which we aren't supposed to know what the other side is doing in the current turn.

@Kot: the frost giants aren't hypothetical. They are what gets unleashed on us if we spy on their thread and expose their current design widely so that there is no way we can ignore it while trying to revise/design.
last time we had no punishment because we had already finished the discussion and there were some very obvious choices to make no matter what they designed. This time we are still in an open discussion.
Its not what you made in this turn that changed my decision. That's Kashyyk's argument which changed my mind (and I'm not really convinced, but the argument is sound enough for me to make the deal. Besides, some rule clarifications made my original proposal quite useless).

Anyway I think a quicker turn can give players less boredom and unleash their spies on each other. Not to mention that I DO make some game lore.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 13, 2015, 12:10:52 pm »

@Ebbor: I wouldn't be surprised. I think it ought to on principal, even though the only damage done was some stepped on toes.

@Tiruin: More like an out-joke now really. And I'm totally up for the fan-art idea.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 13, 2015, 12:12:12 pm »

uh. Evilcherry, I have no idea of what you voted for, nor what kashyyk proposed. I haven't read your thread.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 13, 2015, 12:13:26 pm »

Sheb and Sensei know. You'll also know soon as it looks like it's going through. Although I'm not sure why evilcherry decided to bring that up.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 13, 2015, 12:13:59 pm »

What do I know?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 13, 2015, 12:16:10 pm »

Sheb and Sensei know. You'll also know soon as it looks like it's going through. Although I'm not sure why evilcherry decided to bring that up.
I'm pretty sure it's because you're apparently developing Slat Armor (as Kot said), which just so happens to be designed to defeat HEAT rounds, which was the leading suggestion at the time in our thread at the time of your incursion.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 13, 2015, 12:17:41 pm »

Seeing as it is in the open, yes. I suggested Slat Armour. However my reasoning for it was because it is also designed to defeat RPGs, which is something you already have in service.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 13, 2015, 12:17:54 pm »

Hey, we had shaped charge RPG from last turn. It makes total sense to defeat those RPG.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 13, 2015, 12:19:10 pm »

uh. Evilcherry, I have no idea of what you voted for, nor what kashyyk proposed. I haven't read your thread.
Out of boredom, and out of Sheb intruding in our thread. Well I decided on some (harmless in intention) banter, but someone felt really offended.

I guess some more stringent restraints are needed for the future.

I'm pretty sure it's because you're apparently developing Slat Armor (as Kot said), which just so happens to be designed to defeat HEAT rounds, which was the leading suggestion at the time in our thread at the time of your incursion.
I thought I got enough restraint to base arguments on only what we should know. YMMV, I guess, but if someone felt this is enough to unleash the Dune Worm on, I apologize.

For fairness' sake I'll excuse from Moskurgan discussions until next turn. Agent Sandworm needs a sleep.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:20:53 pm by evilcherry »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1030 on: August 13, 2015, 12:21:50 pm »

@Tiruin: More like an out-joke now really. And I'm totally up for the fan-art idea.
We should make a list of all the fan art and stuff people posted in this thread, honestly.
EDIT:
Fun fact:
More drama - less fanart.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 13, 2015, 12:23:36 pm »

You know a simple answer is to stop poking into each others threads, we have an OOC thread for banter. I only look in the other thread upon occasion, and after we have decided on our design and revision, to see what our newest equipment is going up against. If you do peek in to the other thread before your side is finished, you shouldn't vote* in yours or post even, lets keep it clean guys, and leave the *espionage* to the spies.

EDIT: I wrote post twice and meant one to be a vote*
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:28:11 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 13, 2015, 12:26:18 pm »

You know a simple answer is to stop poking into each others threads, we have an OOC thread for banter. I only look in the other thread upon occasion, and after we have decided on our design and revision, to see what our newest equipment is going up against. If you do peek in to the other thread before your side is finished, you shouldn't post in yours or post even, lets keep it clean guys, and leave the *espionage* to the spies.
Kindred brother from another nation, I completely agree.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 13, 2015, 12:26:43 pm »

You know a simple answer is to stop poking into each others threads, we have an OOC thread for banter. I only look in the other thread upon occasion, and after we have decided on our design and revision, to see what our newest equipment is going up against. If you do peek in to the other thread before your side is finished, you shouldn't post in yours or post even, lets keep it clean guys, and leave the *espionage* to the spies.
As Sensei said a faster turnaround will help.

So Tallies and results, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1034 on: August 13, 2015, 12:27:57 pm »

If you do peek in to the other thread before your side is finished, you shouldn't post in yours or post even, lets keep it clean guys, and leave the *espionage* to the spies.
Both sides would lose most of their players, hehe.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 159