Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220425 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1110 on: August 14, 2015, 02:35:26 am »

Also, one question: our AS-1912A mention that "its size makes it Expensive". Is that an holdover from before? I though size issue were included in the resource cost now?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 14, 2015, 02:38:38 am »

Moskurg Tank Commander Char
Is his tank 3 times faster than the others?
His tank's turret is certainly faster than the others. Also, it seems Moskurg has perfected cloning technology. :P

Hey Sensei, can you update Arstotzka's resource count? I want to read the description that comes from having 5 Ore.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 14, 2015, 02:39:24 am »

Also, one question: our AS-1912A mention that "its size makes it Expensive". Is that an holdover from before? I though size issue were included in the resource cost now?
It's a holdover.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1113 on: August 14, 2015, 02:46:20 am »

...Hey Sensei, if the Arstotzkans keep complaining, would we be allowed to basically turn the average moskurgan soldier into a supersoldier? :P
NO! The only one who's complaining now is Kot. Don't damn our entire country for the actions of one guy.
I had expected better of my fellow Arstotzkans. Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? You have no more courage than my cat (and he is very cowardly indeed).
We're the most advanced, most intelligent society of Forenia and only behind a few in the world, we take pride in our painfully logical way of thinking, painfully strict minds that use military designations to describe it's own citzens. And suddenly, we're supposed to bend to magic? We have fought, we have closed our eyes to minor mistakes and unreasonable occurences, that sadly, were sometimes appearing on our side too. Our current position has been acquired by men who knew their duty and had the courage to do it! And now, our duty is to destroy this evil lair of magic before it spreads over the whole world! Our duty is to purge the illogical! Our duty to ensure that the history goes as it should, not changed by devices that break laws of physics! We can lose this battle. You can blame it on "one guy", or we could stand, all together, against this opresssion of unnatural beings, the so called Moskurgs that, despite being descendend from tigers, imitate human way of living, human way of thinking, insulting everything we ever fought for. We could stand against their magical "dust devils", the "frost giants" that are supposed to exist right under our homes, against the always fickle gods of war and dice, against the magic istelf. This is a battle we can lose, of course, but in end, even the loss will cause us to be stronger! We will have the knowledge to use in future battles! The War is nearly eternal, but sometimes by losing a battle you find a way to win The War, and that is the last goal all of us should aspire to. It won't be achieved in our lifetimes. But now, the true soldiers of Arstotzka must always be prepared to do battle for the truth, and must never, ever allow false convictions to creep in. The whole course of human history may depend on a change of heart in one solitary and even humble individual - for it is in the solitary mind and soul of the individual that the battle between good and evil is waged and ultimately won or lost. We may disagree among ourselves, but let us never lose sight of that greater battle for one people, one country, one Forenia!

GLORY! ALL GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!
*cue epic music plays as planes roar by and rythmical footsteps of thousands of thousands of Arstotzkan soldiers march to GLORY can be heard*
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 14, 2015, 02:55:36 am »

Propose Kot as Arstotzkan of the Year for his great speeches and excellent art.

Glory to Arstotzka!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 14, 2015, 03:01:38 am »

Moskurg Tank Commander Char
Is his tank 3 times faster than the others?
His tank's turret is certainly faster than the others. Also, it seems Moskurg has perfected cloning technology. :P

Hey Sensei, can you update Arstotzka's resource count? I want to read the description that comes from having 5 Ore.
I Guess his tank will also come with an antenna big enough or be painted red. Or gold plated.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 14, 2015, 03:06:16 am »

from the description, I was sure our radio would encode as well, considering it can and it would only require punch cards like the ones we captured. But fine.

I see I should have taken the time to add more interesting facts to my proposal. Losing to Moskurg is bad in the sense they get a game advantage, but having the capital permanently named to AS-CC-77 in every report from now on? that is terrible.

and Kot, stop antagonizing the GM. If he, after a lengthy discussion, makes a rule, that rule is law. This universe will have different physics if it needs to be.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 14, 2015, 03:08:39 am »

but having the capital permanently named to AS-CC-77 in every report from now on? that is terrible.
Yeah, it's awful.
Change AS-CC-77's name to Arstotzka.

and Kot, stop antagonizing the GM. If he, after a lengthy discussion, makes a rule, that rule is law. This universe will have different physics if it needs to be.
I'm pretty sure the last "complaint" was a joke.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 14, 2015, 03:15:55 am »

the lengthy one yes.  a few ones earlier not so sure.

change the capital name to Arstotzka

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 14, 2015, 03:18:04 am »

How pathetic that Arstotzkans now wanted to discard their only national virtue of code name and hyphens.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1120 on: August 14, 2015, 03:19:33 am »

I'm not necessarily antagonizing the GM, I am antagonizing recoiless rifles penetrating anything with AP. Also magic.
And you know what happens when GM forces rules despite them being retarded?
Old Man Henderson happens.

EDIT:
Also, there was no real discussion, at least not with the GM.

I'm pretty sure the last "complaint" was a joke.
True Arstotzkans never joke!

How pathetic that Arstotzkans now wanted to discard their only national virtue of code name and hyphens.
I have recently found that my so called "comrades" are pretty pathetic when it comes to being patriotic.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:26:19 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 14, 2015, 03:20:42 am »

AS)CC77 is a proud name. Unless we design a new capital, we shall stick with it.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 14, 2015, 03:38:26 am »

but having the capital permanently named to AS-CC-77 in every report from now on? that is terrible.
Yeah, it's awful.
Change AS-CC-77's name to Arstotzka.
Hehe, if you guys like I can definitely do that. I did like the obstinate bureaucracy AS-CC-77 characterized.

I'm not necessarily antagonizing the GM, I am antagonizing recoiless rifles penetrating anything with AP. Also magic.
And you know what happens when GM forces rules despite them being retarded?
Old Man Henderson happens.

EDIT:
Also, there was no real discussion, at least not with the GM.
In regards to the first Moskurg RR, the Rhino, I did have a proper discussion. I came to the conclusion that it might be a little unlikely for its time, but I don't think it's stupidly absurd as a matter of physics. I also got pretty annoyed with the attitude of Arstotzkans over it, at the time. ;) Anyway, I should also say that if you consult my armor chart from a while back, your medium tank armor still a lot less than, say, the WWII tanks which were vulnerable only to shaped-charge rifle grenades. I do believe there is an argument to be made that the Recoilless Rifle is one of those weapons which had all the potential to be designed into an effective version during the interwar period, but there was no motivation for countries to do so once the depression hit and that is why we didn't see better recoilless rifles until much later. Not unlike Arstotzka's panzerfaust-in-1928 RPG.

There are game reasons as well that I make my decision; chiefly I don't want to suddenly pull the rug out from under Moskurg after they've had a weapon for a while and made plans around it. I feel bad in general about taking something back that's given. I've even given thought to consciously and officially "dialing down" the realism and historical standards to which I hold new designs, just because I wonder if it is worth the effort sometimes (though I'm not doing that yet). I feel like I have to keep track of a fairly large amount of stuff already, and if weapons designs have me busting out the calculator I'm just not getting turns out on time, or having fun writing for that matter. Either way, it may have been the first measurably ahistorical weapon, but at the rate both of your nations are going it will not be the last. You've mostly caught up with real countries, who are now at peace and scrambling to fix the great depression, while you're at war with a bustling domestic war economy.

Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 14, 2015, 03:42:21 am »

thanks for listening about the name. But don't change yet, there is a sizeable faction which wants to hold it.

maybe a poll in our thread?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 14, 2015, 03:42:40 am »

So, Sensei, what do we need to do to be able to use our totally not a copy of Tiger Whisker?

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 159