Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220544 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1155 on: August 14, 2015, 05:00:37 am »

Ok, second question. Never mind that, It's clearly noted that the penetration value is for a hollow Charge round.

Given that our armor is so thin, why then can the autocannon not penetrate it? Honestly, 25 mm with an autocannon utilizing steel core ammunition should be a piece of cake.

but it didn't usually blow up)

It shook itself apart after repeated firing, actually.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:08:29 am by 10ebbor10 »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1156 on: August 14, 2015, 05:03:20 am »

You're actually wrong Sensei.
AP in LG40 was horrendously shit. The penetration values you have are for hollow charge (HEAT) rounds.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 14, 2015, 05:09:24 am »

If you want to argue further, I'm going to want citation. I'm not sure if it's worth my time either way.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 14, 2015, 05:15:15 am »

Thou shalt not annoy the GM about details. I mean, us guys here over in Moskurg are cool with it, but I doubt you want us to get buffed so... :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 14, 2015, 05:17:52 am »

Will you stop vaguely antagonizing the GM?  We will have ice giants roaming through our homelands and destroying our tank factories at this rate...
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1160 on: August 14, 2015, 05:21:50 am »

If you want to argue further, I'm going to want citation. I'm not sure if it's worth my time either way.
Citation for such guns are really hard to come by. It's hard to even get the penetration values of the guns they took the shells from, but I will try my best.
Will you stop vaguely antagonizing the GM?  We will have ice giants roaming through our homelands and destroying our tank factories at this rate...
We're not antagonizing the GM, we're antagonizing Moskurgs and their designs. Or something.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 14, 2015, 05:24:41 am »

We're not antagonizing the GM, we're antagonizing Moskurgs and their designs. Or something.
You're antagonising the GM by complaining about Moskurg and their designs. You choose what you complain about but not who you antagonise.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 14, 2015, 05:27:55 am »

I actually cannot find value for APCBC rounds (which apparently were also fired from the LG40), but yeah, that value is for hollow charge warhead.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 14, 2015, 05:32:05 am »

I think we can just assume the average Moskurgan officer would instruct their soldiers not to use the ineffectual AP or APHE rounds instead of the HE ones.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1164 on: August 14, 2015, 05:39:52 am »

I think we can just assume the average Moskurgan officer would instruct their soldiers not to use the ineffectual AP or APHE rounds instead of the HE ones.
It's stated that APHE is effective and Sensei considers that Recoiless Guns can kill things with APHE.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 14, 2015, 05:40:26 am »

Well, that was the only report of something else than HE or HEAT round being used. So I think you're asking us the impossible Sensei: to find penetration data for a round that wasn't actually used because it sucked. Can we just assume they've been using HE/HEAT round so we can design slat armour of our own if we want?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 14, 2015, 05:43:42 am »

I get the impression that APHE just works differently in this world to real life. So as i trust Sensei to not give us something that can't be countered, you can probably get away with designing "an armour mod designed to negate APHE rounds" instead of something specific, and he'll give you the counter.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:47:49 am by Kashyyk »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 14, 2015, 05:46:16 am »

If that's a thing, then I don't really have an issue.

Or we could start using invicible APHE rounds from outer space ourselves I guess. :p

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 14, 2015, 05:49:49 am »

Uhm, your very own Source clearly states:

>Hollow charge rounds, same at all ranges:

The data you gave are for hollow charge rounds.

Now, as Kot said, data is hard to come by, but with some common sense and looking at the data surely you must realize that AP being fired from a recoilless rifle is impossible.

5 cm KwK 38 firing a 2 kg AP has a penetration of 46 mm at 500 meter, with a muzzle velocity of 700 m/s. The muzzle velocity of your recoilless rifle is at best half that, meaning 1/4 the kinetic energy. It simply can't penetrate.

Kwk_38

I get the impression that APHE just works differently in this works to real life. So as i trust Sensei to not give us something that can't be countered, you can probably get away with designing "an armour mod designed to negate APHE rounds" instead of something specific, and he'll give you the counter.

Yes, but designing, "A design that lets us win" is boring. At that point you might as well strip out the fluff and just throw opposing die rolls.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 14, 2015, 05:51:04 am »

On another note, I just spent one hour reading this old issue of popular mechanic instead of studying becauseof you Sensei. :p

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 159