Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220428 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1320 on: August 15, 2015, 03:07:36 pm »

Yeah, it's an open secret we read each other's thread, and Sensei said its okay. Using that info to design a counter (Like if we decided to revise our AA guns because we know they are making a new fighter) is illegal, but no one ever really did that, apart from one suspicious moment about a plane that we all agree to leave behind.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 15, 2015, 03:09:55 pm »

Apparently not all of us agreed to leave it behind.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 15, 2015, 03:11:18 pm »

Yeah, it's an open secret we read each other's thread, and Sensei said its okay. Using that info to design a counter (Like if we decided to revise our AA guns because we know they are making a new fighter) is illegal, but no one ever really did that, apart from one suspicious moment about a plane that we all agree to leave behind.
Wait what? When did we do this? Are you talking about the balloon? We abandoned that because we had other useful projects and we realised what a bad idea it would be considering they could counter it by just shooting it with their rifles.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 15, 2015, 03:12:15 pm »

Probably the lack of a propshaft/heavy weapon actually, since our craft is also fully aluminium.

And sheb has the right of it about the thread reading. Also, it was tryrar that went into our thread, not sheb. Or atleast I don't recall sheb doing so.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 15, 2015, 03:14:32 pm »

Oh, no, but once someone complained because one airplane proposal of one side was worded a lot like the proposal from the other side. Past is past.

Also, regarding airplanes, they're both monoprops too:

Model 4 Yellowjacket: A fighter aircraft, built fully of aluminum. (...) Costs 3 ore, 3 oil.

AS-DB-HF-23: An airplane built entirely from aluminium. (...) Costs 4 ore, 3 oil.

Edit: I guess it could be the larger gun, although you have more MG. Or maybe you just rolled better?

And I did post into your thread once to answer a question from Kashyyk.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 15, 2015, 03:14:32 pm »

Seriously guys, can we keep the saltyness down? We have a simple solution to the problem(change APHE to HEAT) which keeps internal consistancy and doesn't nerf anything. Heck, even HEAT will bounce, if it doesn't hit at the proper angle; after all, it relies on an explosively formed penetrator to punch through armor rather than muzzle velocity, and even the EFP rill ricochet if it hits at the wrong angle.

And no, I never posted in your thread. The only thing that happened is I made a joke about your new MG in our thread before we were finished designing(TBF, that was the turn where we HAD to counter your tank in any way we could due to our design costing way more than we hoped, and our revision of it failing the previous turn, so I thought it was safe to do so. :/)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:17:29 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 15, 2015, 03:18:26 pm »

This is ridiculous.

They developed a recoilless rifle, effective against the tanks currently in use.  Which is perfectly reasonable looking at various historical models.

Particularly when all existing tanks have medium or less armor that is not as effective as modern tank armor.

Sensei gave us two reasonable options, I am gonna go with A despite the fact it basically invalidates like 4 turns of work we did by rendering tanks useless. 

Because lets just go with what the GM said, it is distracting from the game far too much. 

And if we do steal the new horseback mounted multi shot RR it can be fielded from every Arstostkan motorcycle.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 15, 2015, 03:23:16 pm »

I Feel like there are 2 camps on both sides, the Moskurg side has a few who say keep the status quo, and want to game to continue. And a few who and Artotzka punished.
Artotzka has a few who want to status quo, and want the game to continue. And a few who want to see Moskurg punished.

Andw eve fallen into a rut of all four groups arguing with each other.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 15, 2015, 03:24:19 pm »

Hey, we wouldn't be arguing that much if you Moksburger weren't so slow. We have nothing else to do.  :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 15, 2015, 03:25:54 pm »

Well, we're still arguing about what needs revising and all, and then we have to wait for the GM to go and commit it and such.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1330 on: August 15, 2015, 03:26:42 pm »

This moral high ground. Notice how I haven't used any strawman's, threats or anything like that.
I indeed am making insults at them too, I admit, but that's me being me, and only because I am getting bored of them calling us salty every fucking post. This is what makes me salty, and generally making the whole situation salty.
However, to jump from there to the statement that we claim that the GM is unfairly helping Moskurg is a gross exaggeration. After all, that statement assumes we assume that the GM is deliberately acting out of malice against us, which is not the case.
I don't have anything against Sensei (maybe other than him treating what we say not seriously enough and not reading stuff, but that's kinda understandable considering we shit out like 20-40 pages every turn, sometimes more), I do have something against Moskurgians actively trying to cover the whole thing up, make insults, actively try to stop the whole thing from resolving and trying to make us lose voice by saying we're just being salty because we're losing (and we're not).
Succesfull fighter/dive bomber conversions exist, so nothing unrealistic is going on here.
I based that propaganda picture on model someone posted before to keep thing consistent, and I do agree that is a bit too much in reality, but aircraft utilizing a gull wing doesn't mean it can't be a fighter. If anything, it's actually more manouverable. Try to use a Ju 87 D3 with gunpods in Il-2 or even War Thunder. It's turny, it's shooty (6 20mm cannons or 2 20mm cannons and 12 machineguns) it's pretty durable and generally a good plane, albeit too slow to engage enemy fighters properly. But if you do manage to get enemy in front, OH BOY).

Which is perfectly reasonable looking at various historical models.
No, it's not, not without HEAT, no.

I am fine with either B or C.
Artotzka has a few who want to status quo, and want the game to continue. And a few who want to see Moskurg punished.
Like who wants to see Moskurg punished on our side? Ebbor is all for just chanigng the name and I even agreed that you could have HEAT (albeit I don't think it would change much).

Also, fucking thunderstorms, the second I turn on the computer IT STARTS AGAIN, DAMN IT.
PREPOSTEDIT: NEW POST NEW POST NEW POST REVIEW YOUR POST REVIEW YOUR POST COME ON IS THERE A WAY TO TURN THIS OFF?!?
Oh, there it is.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 15, 2015, 03:28:21 pm »

We superior Arstotzkan gets to wait for the GM twice as fast as you retarded Moksburger!! :p

Glory to Arstotzka!

P.S. Kot, drop it, you're only making it worse.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 15, 2015, 03:29:06 pm »

Insert shameless plug of the forum game im running
I'm pretty sure we are done with both phases right now.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1333 on: August 15, 2015, 03:29:42 pm »

P.S. Kot, drop it, you're only making it worse.
Drop what?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 15, 2015, 03:30:03 pm »

The bickering and saltiness.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 159