Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 219337 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1335 on: August 15, 2015, 03:31:31 pm »

The bickering and saltiness.
See? See? This is what I'm talking about. The whole thing about calling people salty for no reason is main reason of salt in this thread.
EDIT: If it's not clear, it needs to stop, and stop for good.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 15, 2015, 03:31:58 pm »

Who has said you are losing? You guys are pushing the desert, and yet you in particular Kot keep saying that we are somehow magically killing all your tanks, even though you are advancing.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 15, 2015, 03:33:14 pm »

Seriously guys, can we all simply STOP? we've made our case to sensei, it's his decision now, so EVERYONE drop it. No more dscussion.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 15, 2015, 03:34:50 pm »

Why don't we organize a Forenian Sport Championship during a short truce?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 15, 2015, 03:36:20 pm »

Well considering people on your side have called us cheaters time and time again...
You guys are the ones who told us you kept reading our thread for counters/ideas without using a spy...
Yeez. Moral high ground people. Not that hard.

Also, it should be noted that we have a shaped-charge warhead for the AS-RPG28 without having HEAT rounds for our other guns, so there is a precedent for that as well.
How about nerfing both sides once again? This can also be an option. So the AS-RPG28 only fires HE, and the Rhino/Hippo does the same.
Better than option B, however, it fails with internal game consistency which Sensei noted as being important.

I still can't see why maintaining the status quo with a simple rename would not be a better solution.

Well considering people on your side have called us cheaters time and time again...
You guys are the ones who told us you kept reading our thread for counters/ideas without using a spy...
Enough is enough.

If this kind of behaviour persists I propose HEAT technology be given to Moskurg for endless Arstotzkan QQing.

While I do not support the behavior of my fellow Arztotskans, I must note that demanding compensation is somewhat hypocritical considering the reaction of your team earlier in the discussion, which with the exception of LordSlowPoke, Elfeater and maybe a few other people I forgot about.

Probably the lack of a propshaft/heavy weapon actually, since our craft is also fully aluminium.

And sheb has the right of it about the thread reading. Also, it was tryrar that went into our thread, not sheb. Or atleast I don't recall sheb doing so.
Sheb answered a question you asked in your thread once, about why one of our designs worked the way it did.

And yeah, I do believe the difference is the prop shaft and auto cannon.

Oh, no, but once someone complained because one airplane proposal of one side was worded a lot like the proposal from the other side. Past is past.
That was me. Most ignored me, and I consider that past and buried considering Taricus did offer a convincing explanation.

This is ridiculous.

They developed a recoilless rifle, effective against the tanks currently in use.  Which is perfectly reasonable looking at various historical models.

Particularly when all existing tanks have medium or less armor that is not as effective as modern tank armor.

Sensei gave us two reasonable options, I am gonna go with A despite the fact it basically invalidates like 4 turns of work we did by rendering tanks useless. 

Because lets just go with what the GM said, it is distracting from the game far too much. 

And if we do steal the new horseback mounted multi shot RR it can be fielded from every Arstostkan motorcycle.

You are oversimplifying the argument to the point where it makes no sense.

The problem is not that they have a functional RR.(Well, not this time) The problem is that their RR worked by shooting AP shells, something which the GM has himself admitted is silly.

The choice offered to us now is :

A) Maintain status quo
B) Change it, but give Moskurg a significant boost because we had the audacity to speak up.

The solution that I favor is :

C) Maintain mechanical status quo, but change a tiny bit of fluff to resolve the error.

I Feel like there are 2 camps on both sides, the Moskurg side has a few who say keep the status quo, and want to game to continue. And a few who and Artotzka punished.
Artotzka has a few who want to status quo, and want the game to continue. And a few who want to see Moskurg punished.

Andw eve fallen into a rut of all four groups arguing with each other.
Actually, I must resent that categorization, while it's politically correct, it's not factually correct.

There's no one on the Arztotskan team arguing for the punishment of Moskurg. All of us are arguing for a simple change which has no mechanical effects or just for the status-quo.

Hell, a few people are even arguing to give the boost to Moskurg, as long as the error is resolved.

[Though I do resent that on general principle, not because it will boost Moskurg, but because I find it petty to be punished for being right.]

The bickering and saltiness.
See? See? This is what I'm talking about. The whole thing about calling people salty for no reason is main reason of salt in this thread.
At this moment, you are. Might not have been at the beginning, but at this moment you are.

Who has said you are losing? You guys are pushing the desert, and yet you in particular Kot keep saying that we are somehow magically killing all your tanks, even though you are advancing.
Magically killing tanks, not magically winning.

Note that Kot was willing to give you HEAT, in order to resolve that inconsistency.

Seriously guys, can we all simply STOP? we've made our case to sensei, it's his decision now, so EVERYONE drop it. No more dscussion.
To be honest, the case has been made, but Moskurg hasn't voiced any coherent opposition yet.

I mean, so far it has consisted out of ad hominem's and other accusations.

Edit: If this post gets more confrontational by it's end, it's because of all these damn ninjas.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:39:15 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: August 15, 2015, 03:37:32 pm »

Actually, do it in a longer truce in 1936?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1341 on: August 15, 2015, 03:40:20 pm »

Kot keep saying that we are somehow magically killing all your tanks
No, I didin't. I only said you are somehow magically killing our tanks, not all of them. And the magical killing can be resolved with one of many options proposed.
At this moment, you are. Might not have been at the beginning, but at this moment you are.
You're right, I am indeed salty because of all this accusations of salt. You guys literally talked me into it. I am becoming a salt giant.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 15, 2015, 03:40:46 pm »

I'm seriously thinking of running a small, Forenian Sport Championship spin off game. A few events, based on suggestions for the national sports.

Sensei, do I have authorization for this?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 15, 2015, 03:42:37 pm »

Why not a more... standardised one, like soccer or something (With a few additions to make it as dangerous as blood bowl :P )

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 15, 2015, 04:04:23 pm »

Actually, do it in a longer truce in 1936?
-1! No truce! Only War until Arstotzka destroys Moskurg! Glory to Arstotzka!

Speaking of sports, though, how are we gonna handle the olympics?

I vote for option C, by the way. The error is resolved and Moskurg keeps their weapon. I see no downsides.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 15, 2015, 04:07:10 pm »

For the weapons treaty.

I propose we sneak something in requiring all warfare to be one on one duels between members of the high command.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 15, 2015, 04:08:53 pm »

One the one hand Arstotzka High Command is made of idiot and would probably shoot themselves. On the other hand, we'd loose the duel.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 15, 2015, 04:10:36 pm »

On the third hand, the replacements for high command might be more incompetent :P

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 15, 2015, 04:12:48 pm »

One the one hand Arstotzka High Command is made of idiot and would probably shoot themselves. On the other hand, we'd loose the duel.
We have a weapon designed for that occasion. We give them our pistols.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 15, 2015, 04:13:34 pm »

Arstotzkans only have two hands!  One if they are glorious factory heroes who work too hard!

Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 159