Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220467 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1500 on: August 17, 2015, 06:17:07 pm »

so, prisoners and targets are covered elsewhere already. what we want to ban is chemical, biological and radioactive weapons it seems.
Realistically speaking, we may not even know what a radioactive weapon is just yet.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 17, 2015, 06:18:08 pm »

A sigint slot seems boring. I mean it has 2 options : "Improve cypher, or break enemy cypher"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 17, 2015, 06:19:00 pm »

A sigint slot seems boring. I mean it has 2 options : "Improve cypher, or break enemy cypher"

Which is why I'm not sold on that idea-it was just something to mention.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 17, 2015, 06:24:37 pm »

Kot, I am puzzled by that as well. But it is in most already proposed treaties. I guess we are worried about radium/radon weapons.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 17, 2015, 06:27:01 pm »

This is extremely off topic, but could I get a size comparison of Forenia to something real? I've been imagining it as about the size of Hawaii (Big Island).

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 17, 2015, 06:28:18 pm »

I think we can just piggyback onto the non-proliferation treaty for radioactive weapons to be honest.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 17, 2015, 06:31:51 pm »

This is extremely off topic, but could I get a size comparison of Forenia to something real? I've been imagining it as about the size of Hawaii (Big Island).
Stayin' vague. If I give anything close to a number people will start arguing about effective aircraft ranges or something.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 17, 2015, 06:32:40 pm »

Stayin' vague. If I give anything close to a number people will start arguing about effective aircraft ranges or something.

Heh, I can see where you're coming from. My bad. :P

Also, (sorry for the questions) what did you use to make that map of Forenia?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 17, 2015, 06:36:03 pm »

I get the feeling that the aircraft ranges would be ridiculously low if we had more accurate dimensions. Either that, or Forenia isn't as small as described.  A can of worm better left unopened.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 17, 2015, 06:41:51 pm »

Iituem made the map.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: August 17, 2015, 07:54:58 pm »

I think the question we should ask ourselves about treaty bans is this: would banning it be fun?

Weapons of mass destruction, for example, are probably worth banning, since whoever develops one first wins. On the other hand, banning chemical weapons serves no purpose except to move the game closer to reality—and what's the fun in that? The worst arguments so far have been about how close things are to reality, so I don't see how a realistic treaty would improve things.

No, the treaty should ban overpowered/omnipresent things, so that we have to get creative. For example, it could ban engines, wheeled vehicles, or guns. The last one is probably a bit extreme, but we could do it.

Sensei, will we be able to revise the treaty in the future? Treaties seem like a good way to remove overpowered/unfun stuff.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 17, 2015, 08:36:57 pm »

Nothing in the treaties against HP ammo? Hmm. I'm not sure if I should add that to a suggestion or not.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 17, 2015, 09:07:10 pm »

Yes, you can keep the ability to ratify amendments to the treaty in the future.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: August 17, 2015, 09:11:14 pm »

Nothing in the treaties against HP ammo? Hmm. I'm not sure if I should add that to a suggestion or not.
Why not? Lets throw it on.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 18, 2015, 03:17:24 am »

For the code breaking and ciphers and such, we can assume that high command has taken control of or create a new sigint that operates independently of the design agencies.

If we actually create some kind of new machine or something, like a digital radio receiver or whatnot, then that would be relevant but the actual creation and decoding of the ciphers could be left "high command".
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 159