Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 219335 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC
« Reply #1830 on: August 28, 2015, 11:48:28 pm »

Yeah, given the ranges needed to shoot something down in the air, that gun should be a right terror on the Arstotzkan armour (Though I'm willing to accept the overall outcome on that front is the same.)

As for the flamethrowers, I'm presuming they have a lot more fuel to throw from a defensive emplacement.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: August 29, 2015, 12:54:13 am »

Wait, how can our 88mm FlaK copy not outrange every single Astrotzkan weapon on ground?

It probably can (remove wunderwaffe from premises) but the soldiers read anti-air cannon and pointed it downwards.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: August 29, 2015, 02:47:48 am »

Our radios are identical to theirs and have been cheap for ages. Why do they get a large bonus to communications all of a sudden?
Hm, wow. This might be the first mistake that calls for me to properly re-write a turn. I need to pore through and make sure that's correct, if someone could find the posts where I decreased the cost of Arstotzkan vacuum tubes it would help. I had the impression that T-25's were for some reason not already usually equipped with radios- if that IS the case, then I'll probably keep the turn (even though that's a little cheap that Moskurg got the radio straight into all their tanks and Arstotzka didn't, I know) but let Arstotzka pop their radios into all craft with an order. If I made some mention of Arstotzkans having an advantage due to most of their vehicles already having radios already, then I need to rewrite the turn and amend some vehicle entries so I don't do absent-minded shit like that again.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: August 29, 2015, 02:58:31 am »

In addition, you have converted the Model 3 Radio to metric manufacture, reducing its expense.
This is the turn we made it cheaper. After we made the DC29, we pointed out that we'd converted the radio to metric two years prior so you said we managed to make it cheaper. I'll try finding your quote saying that.

EDIT:
On a side note, you erroneously said that we converted the radio to metric, which we already did several turns before. Does that mean it simply becomes cheap instead?
Hmm... *rolls D6*

Yes.

EDIT2:
-IP-R25: It can also fit in most vehicles without affecting performance (or take up the entire sidecar on an M17 bike).
If our radio wasn't being used in our vehicles, then why was it mentioned in the description?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:13:17 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: August 29, 2015, 03:27:00 am »

Likely because you haven't specified it to be part of your vehicle designs. Doubly so since we actually not only specified a radio to be included in our design, but also a dedicated crewman to it's operation.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1835 on: August 29, 2015, 03:29:23 am »

Some Arstotzkan aircraft are fitted with the IP-R27 radio, which helps them coordinate with ground forces to choose the most effective targets, as Moskurg has been doing for a while.
So it seems we've had a history of using our radio to co-ordinate attacks. This was two years before our radio become cheap.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: August 29, 2015, 03:30:27 am »

Also, flamethrowers from the 1960s only had a few seconds of burn time, meaning flamethrower strikes needed to be precise and surgical. They can't be used well defensively like they're being used right now.
They must have massive tanks holding large amounts of highly flammable fuel, dangerous and they must have to change the tanks often.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: August 29, 2015, 03:33:20 am »

Also, flamethrowers from the 1960s only had a few seconds of burn time, meaning flamethrower strikes needed to be precise and surgical. They can't be used well defensively like they're being used right now.
They must have massive tanks holding large amounts of highly flammable fuel, dangerous and they must have to change the tanks often.
Can they really do so quickly enough before Arstotzkan stormtroopers can assault the place? Besides, if they were keeping that much flammable fuel lying around, wouldn't that be a major hazard and also a large drain on Oil?

EDIT: Our HF-32 is equipped with bomb racks. Since our DB is basically our old HF with bomb racks, are our HF-32 be able to function as dive bombers? Do they do the job better than the DBs?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:50:30 am by Andres »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: August 29, 2015, 03:49:28 am »

One thing is tyat the Tiger's whisper is cheap, whereas our decoder isn't.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: August 29, 2015, 03:52:01 am »

One thing is tyat the Tiger's whisper is cheap, whereas our decoder isn't.
But it was doing well enough to stalemate Moskurg on the communications front, so its expense apparently isn't an issue.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: August 29, 2015, 03:55:04 am »

I don't know about you,  but if I knew that there was a flamethrower just round the corner,  I  give him the opportunity to burn me. I'd be waiting around the corner for a better plan than "be a firewall for the guy behind you". All he'd have to do is release a little gout of flame to scare people off.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: August 29, 2015, 03:56:46 am »

I don't know about you,  but if I knew that there was a flamethrower just round the corner,  I  give him the opportunity to burn me. I'd be waiting around the corner for a better plan than "be a firewall for the guy behind you". All he'd have to do is release a little gout of flame to scare people off.
If there was a flamethrower just around the corner, grenades would be used. We've got frag, smoke, and incendiary.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: August 29, 2015, 04:06:09 am »

I went and found your design for your AS-T25.  No where here,  or in the army description does it say it uses a radio.

Spoiler: AS-T25 (click to show/hide)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: August 29, 2015, 04:08:57 am »

-AS-DB-HF-23: An airplane built entirely from aluminium. This lighter, sturdier frame allows the plane be reasonably fast with a 9-cylinder radial engine and make aggressive dives and recoveries for bombing, with half a ton of bombs. The radial engine is designed entirely around an AS-AC18 which fires through the prop shaft, necessitating a relatively heavy and thick prop shaft. It has decent maneuverability, with its metal design allowing for strong forces on the wings and tail, and large control surfaces, but it is best at dogfighting while not carrying a bomb load. Costs 4 ore, 3 oil.
-AS-HF-24: An airplane built entirely from aluminium. Based on the AS-DB-HF-23's light and sturdy frame, with bomb mounts omitted in favor of four lightweight AS-1924 machine guns, modified to accept belts. Two barrels visibly protrude from the front of each wing. The radial engine is designed entirely around an AS-AC18 which fires through the prop shaft, necessitating a relatively heavy and thick prop shaft. Unlike the DB version, it is fuel injected which is terribly complex and a bit heavy but allows more power for the same fuel. It has decent maneuverability, with its metal design allowing for strong forces on the wings and tail, and large control surfaces, but it is a bit heavy. Costs 4 ore, 3 oil
Neither of our aircraft descriptions say they have radios in them but it was stated that they were in use inside them.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: August 29, 2015, 04:34:51 am »

Yeah, we got the Radio cheap after designing those vehicles, and I don't think Sensei updated the descriptions.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 159