Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 153448 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1930 Design
« Reply #2400 on: August 15, 2015, 02:45:54 am »

Can you do a neat write-up of it? I still think I like my Motor Buztachi better. Although now that I think of it Artistic Military Parading sounds nice too. :p

Talking to me or Andre?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: August 15, 2015, 02:47:02 am »

Both? We need to convince the GM we're best, and Iituem is a fine writer.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: August 15, 2015, 02:51:02 am »

Won't be able to write anything before tomorrow.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: August 15, 2015, 02:53:41 am »

andrea, didn't you vote for Tiger-polo?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: August 15, 2015, 02:58:52 am »

Clearly, Arztotskan national sport is trying to reconcile the obvious superiority of the Arztotskan people with thecfact that we have not instantly crushed them.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2405 on: August 15, 2015, 03:00:49 am »

real or perceived. :P
RED WUNZ GO FASTA!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: August 15, 2015, 03:00:57 am »

So, Acrobatic Bitching?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: August 15, 2015, 03:03:53 am »

Alright, Here's my attempt:

Arstotzkans have always been mechanically minded, so when cars became commonplace, people naturally decided to race in them. Then they began tinkering with the engines, trying to eek out just that much more horsepower, and when fuel injection and turbochargers became a thing, they tinkered with those as well, and the motorsport craze just took off. If it has wheels and an engine, Arstotzkans will race it, from souped up motorcycles to custom-built high-performance drag racers, and anything in between.

You can find any type of racetrack in Arstotzka, from rude dirt oval tracks to expensive asphalt shrines to the sport. And often, you don't even need to go to the track to catch a race; rally races through the streets of the capital are commonplace. If you want to watch a race, you generally only have to stay still for 5 minutes.

No matter where you go to watch a race though, rules tend to be similar. Arstotzkan races generally only have a few rules: No sabatoging or intentionally wrecking the opponent, you must stay on the course(no shortcuts!), and you can't use weapons to attack your opponent. Other than that, a racer can do anything from using special fuels to boost his performance to attaching rockets to his vehicle(one enterprising racer attached wings to his car and attempted to fly above his competition. This was...less than successful, thought he resulting crash and fireball was pretty hilarious.) Arstotskans also don't bother with silly things like safety equipment, and only have the rudest crash barriers in place to simply keep cars from flying into the stands(racers often claim safety is for pansies and tiger fucker Moskurgs). Half the fun of watching Arstotzkan style racing is for the spectacular crashes, with the other half seeing what crazy contraption a racer has come up THIS time to give him any perceived advantage while staying in the letter of the rules. Of course, this wouldn't be Arstotzka if races weren't capped off by a shower of fireworks(though the rockets are often overshadowed by the fireworks on the track).
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2408 on: August 15, 2015, 03:09:59 am »

What about weapon design being our national sport?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: August 15, 2015, 03:14:53 am »

AS-O30 Optics: Simple scopes, which can be fitted to any appropriate sort of gun, in 2x, 3x, or 4x magnifications. They include a little rubber eye shroud. They are Expense to make, but even so the manufacturing quality is a bit dubious and the lenses are a bit small, leading often to dark, blurry pictures. Uses a painted-on crosshair with range-finding markers, in 100 or 200 meter increments custom to the type of gun on which they are to be fitted.

For your revision phase, a makeover of the old expensive AS-MC16:
-AS-MC16: This is a sub-machine gun, firing the 9mm pistol round. It uses a new, closed-bolt blowback system perfected from the AS-F14. This system is reliable and keeps dirt out of the gun. The bolt system takes up about fifteen centimeters, all of which is past the trigger, then a magazine, a 30 round drum, inserts into the receiver from the left. The barrel after the receiver is short, about twenty centimeters, and has a slotted metal hand guard. The stock is wooden and stops at the receiver, where brass is ejected from the bottom of the gun. The short barrel gives poor accuracy, especially when hot, and the 9mm bullets have much less range than a rifle or machine gun. The system fires about 400 rounds per minute. Its complexity makes it Expensive.
1:Make it cheaper without making it shoddy. This is the primary objective.
2:Give it a foregrip for improved handling and ergonomics
3:Give it Hollow-point ammo.
4:If possible, give it bigger drum magazines.

AS-MC16A: A stands for Andres! The action is reworked for cheaper manufacturing, but works as well as the original. The stock is redesigned entirely for a pistol grip and foregrip, and made of lightweight aluminium, the butt is an open frame. The weapon handles considerably better with this new arrangement. Hollow point ammo is not successfully developed during this revision phase, but your engineers do design a new magazine. This is a 54-round magazine which consists of two drums feeding together into one magazine insert. It gets in the way of the shooter's view a bit, but MC16's are often fired from the hip anyway. Oh yeah, and it looks like a pair of, well, you know. Soldiers have some creative nicknames for the gun already. Costs 2 ore.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:26:57 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1930 Production
« Reply #2410 on: August 15, 2015, 03:21:09 am »

What a glorious weapon we have created. High Command will surely love it!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2411 on: August 15, 2015, 03:31:10 am »

Hollow point ammo is not successfully developed during this revision phase
Awww...
We should still order our soldiers tu cut crosses on bullets for additional anti-magic properties.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1930 Production
« Reply #2412 on: August 15, 2015, 03:34:05 am »

Don't forget to order our soldiers to encrypt.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: August 15, 2015, 03:37:08 am »

Alright, Here's my attempt:

Arstotzkans have always been mechanically minded, so when cars became commonplace, people naturally decided to race in them. Then they began tinkering with the engines, trying to eek out just that much more horsepower, and when fuel injection and turbochargers became a thing, they tinkered with those as well, and the motorsport craze just took off. If it has wheels and an engine, Arstotzkans will race it, from souped up motorcycles to custom-built high-performance drag racers, and anything in between.

You can find any type of racetrack in Arstotzka, from rude dirt oval tracks to expensive asphalt shrines to the sport. And often, you don't even need to go to the track to catch a race; rally races through the streets of the capital are commonplace. If you want to watch a race, you generally only have to stay still for 5 minutes.

No matter where you go to watch a race though, rules tend to be similar. Arstotzkan races generally only have a few rules: No sabatoging or intentionally wrecking the opponent, you must stay on the course(no shortcuts!), and you can't use weapons to attack your opponent. Other than that, a racer can do anything from using special fuels to boost his performance to attaching rockets to his vehicle(one enterprising racer attached wings to his car and attempted to fly above his competition. This was...less than successful, thought he resulting crash and fireball was pretty hilarious.) Arstotskans also don't bother with silly things like safety equipment, and only have the rudest crash barriers in place to simply keep cars from flying into the stands(racers often claim safety is for pansies and tiger fucker Moskurgs). Half the fun of watching Arstotzkan style racing is for the spectacular crashes, with the other half seeing what crazy contraption a racer has come up THIS time to give him any perceived advantage while staying in the letter of the rules. Of course, this wouldn't be Arstotzka if races weren't capped off by a shower of fireworks(though the rockets are often overshadowed by the fireworks on the track).
+1 but races inside cities are illegal. If we're lawful and civilised enough not to let our citizens carry around guns (or at least autocannons/machine guns), then they obviously can't drag race through the streets.

AS-MC16A: A stands for Andres! The action is reworked for cheaper manufacturing, but works as well as the original. The stock is redesigned entirely for a pistol grip and foregrip, and made of lightweight aluminium, the butt is an open frame. The weapon handles considerably better with this new arrangement. Hollow point ammo is not successfully developed during this revision phase, but your engineers do design a new magazine. This is a 54-round magazine which consists of two drums feeding together into one magazine insert. It gets in the way of the shooter's view a bit, but MC16's are often fired from the hip anyway. Oh yeah, and it looks like a pair of, well, you know. Soldiers have some creative nicknames for the gun already. Costs 2 ore.
Yes! My glorious wunderwaffe has become reality! Glory to Arstotzka! :'D

Hollow point ammo is not successfully developed during this revision phase
Awww...
We should still order our soldiers tu cut crosses on bullets for additional anti-magic properties.
Actually, it's not out of character for our soldiers to do this. They put crosses on their planes' sticks, after all. +1

Don't forget to order our soldiers to encrypt.
+1

Glory to Arstotzka!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:46:03 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2414 on: August 15, 2015, 03:44:32 am »

Actually, it's not out of character for our soldiers to do this. They put crosses on their planes sticks, after all. +1
I was saying this all the time since idea of hollow points popped up, even posted a quote from a book which I got this idea from. Eh, I'm kinda happy that someone finally noticed this.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 217