Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: The RPG  (Read 8405 times)

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: The RPG
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2007, 10:00:00 pm »

Hey guysi went to a desolate foreign country with no internets (the savages!) ill be back in less than a week and i was lucky to find this computer and luckier to find the _ underscore key on this bizzare keyboard! , wish me luck on not dying over here.  sorry about not giving a heads up i left on short notice but ill be back!    Also you guys dont worry you can take more than 7 folks on the expediation (but beware , fate has a way of keeping more than 7 from arriving safely ... *dum dum DUUUM*)  

Ps. plz use your prayers/juju/pscycick powers to help keep these mosquitos away

Fenrir

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »

We shall pray to Armok for your safe return.

Fenrir

« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2007, 03:34:00 pm »

Here's my character sheet:

Name: Tiwuthi Mariena (It's in elvish, you'll soon see why.)

ST 8 (Remaining Points: 70)
DX 10 (RP: 70)
IQ 12 (RP: 30)
HT 10 (RP: 30)

Wealth:
Comfortable (RP: 20) ◄▬▬▬ Allowed?

Appearance:
Unattractive (RP: 24)

Language:
Elfish (Native)
Accented Dwarfish Written+Spoken (RP: 20)

Advantages:
Night vision - 9 levels (RP: 11)
Acute Hearing - 5 levels (RP: 1)

Disadvantages:
Severe Delusion (RP: 16)
He believes that he is a black elf, and won't enter the sunlight unprotected. (Poking fun at myself, see: Dwarfs: Fact VS. Fiction)
EDIT: Is that considered a Severe Delusion?

Skills:
Mechanic +4 (RP: 0)

Equipment:
Remaining Wealth: $1200 (if Comfortable advantage is allowed)

Machinist tools (RW: $600)
Backpack (RW: $540)
Personal Basics (RW: $535)
Torch (RW: $532)
Crossbow (RW $382)
Commoner Clothes (RW $262)
EDIT:
Plump Helmets (RW $247)
Rum (RW $243)

I've never played a "Pen & Paper" (obviously neither are involved in this case) RPG before, so apologies in advance for my incompetence.

[ December 29, 2007: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2007, 06:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Reign on your Parade:
<STRONG>((Or, really, you just need to offer a reason to break the tradition.))

Oddom nods "That sounds like it should work... what's with that tradition anyways? Wouldn't it be better to send lots of people with lots of skills?"</STRONG>

Sorry, I thought you were in REAL fort mode...ya know, no more than 7 starters...

"Ah, I must have been possesed by a demon that moment. What I meant to say was that I think that a hunter could be helpful for meat in a new fortress and later possibly a soldier if needed.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2007, 02:33:00 am »

"I suppose you would be useful... in fact, I think that this may not be the only tradition this expedition breaks..."
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Fenrir

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2007, 05:31:00 pm »

I think the mosquitoes ate our GM.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2007, 06:11:00 pm »

"It seems the magical spirit guiding our journey has...evaporated...I suppose that's what spirits do."

Why the heck would he suddenly go to a 'desolate foreign country' on Christmas Eve? I think he's gone bananas.

[ December 28, 2007: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

[ December 28, 2007: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

Fenrir

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2007, 09:23:00 pm »

Curses! I hope he comes back, I was looking forward to this.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2007, 10:15:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Unknown:
<STRONG>Hey guysi went to a desolate foreign country with no internets (the savages!) ill be back in less than a week and i was lucky to find this computer and luckier to find the _ underscore key on this bizzare keyboard! , wish me luck on not dying over here.  sorry about not giving a heads up i left on short notice but ill be back!    Also you guys dont worry you can take more than 7 folks on the expediation (but beware , fate has a way of keeping more than 7 from arriving safely ... *dum dum DUUUM*)  

Ps. plz use your prayers/juju/pscycick powers to help keep these mosquitos away</STRONG>

I have a strange suspicion on the origin of this message! Maybe its just me or the bizzare keyboard but not only has the grammar degraded from his other posts but it was said that the next post would be when you camp, not a sudden trip to a 'desolate foreign country'.

Also the tone is different.

Plus he said juju.

I better stop intruding on your thread now.

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2007, 12:30:00 am »

Thikut applies bandages to Bonestreaked, huntingdog (Firs Aid Vrs. 11=10!Heals one hp) and having done the best she could, pats it on the head and catches up to the wagon.

The expedition descends down the many switchbacks, as some last minute refugees  abandon the capital, with their belongings on their backs, and merge with the group before they even reach leave shouting distance.

Morale is high, and progress is quick on the smoothed dwarven road, but storm clouds gather in the distance, Yet before then, there is still work to be done as they travel. The 2 hunters each attempt to set out earlier than the other to bring in some quality meat. The others travel with their eyes peeled for berries, herbs, and other edibles.

THIKUT: Bonestreaked tracks(Vrs.15=13!Sucess) Bonestreaked leads the way
OLIN: forages(survival Vrs. 5=9!Fail)Notices no food on the way
KED: forages(Vrs. 5=14!Fail)Looks for plump helmets on the surface
NEK: continues sleeping
ODDOM: forages(Vrs. 5=7!Fail)distracted by some potential berries, but they were poisonous
HELMCROC:Bloodhound tracks(Vrs.16=14!Sucess) Bloodhound picks up a scent
(did i miss anyone?)

THIKUT, Trapper: Bonestreaked leads you through the feild of stumps, sniffing the ground. But it is not untill you enter the temperate woodland, thick with foliage, does bonestreaked stop. There is a small burrow in the ground under an old  twisted  maple tree, it is almost obscured by the orange fallen leaves, but you recognise it as a rabbit burrow and Bonestreaked has detected something in it.

HELMCROC, Hunter: The bloodhound picks up a scent, and begins to sneak when you hear a few snorts among  the stumps. You both sneak up to what you see is a large WARTHOG searching the stumps for hidden food. (Sneak Vrs. 13=8!Sucess) The dog stays back wagging its tail as you approach to within 10 yards (-4 range), it is a large animal, dangerous if you dont strike it down with your repeating crossbow. but it is just as likely to flee as to fight.

There are still some issues to be resolved, such as night watch, and expedition name.

(Fenrir your guy is jsut fine , and yes wealth is ok. input your charachter somehowwhenever you feel like or i will if you havent by next encounter after camping there is an opportunity there.)

(yay im backi was taken to visit family for christmas, there were gunshots and fireworks explosions so that was nice.)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2007, 12:46:00 am »

I have a +6 Mace that does 3d10 "Where the hell were you" damage.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Fenrir

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »

Grrr... The GM gets back then all the players dissappear!

Mud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2007, 04:18:00 pm »

Thikut braces herself and readies to fire. A nice meat snack would do well.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2007, 07:27:00 pm »

Helmaroc pets his hound then commands it to move back and readies his crossbow, and moves in on the warthog.

Umm...I'll name my hound Akn-nrorung (dwarvish for Hawkhound) or Ak for short.

Other note: Yeah this whole GM leaving message thing is suspicious...but oh well.

[ December 29, 2007: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

Fenrir

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2007, 09:59:00 am »

Alright, maybe I'm just impatient, but this is slowing down too much.

As they readied their crossbows, a distant indiscernible speech could be heard. It came closer, becoming mixed with angry shouts in the elvish tongue. The brush rustled and a hooded figure stumbled and staggered into view.

"Ulire mina!" it shouted with rage. The figure tore the map it had been holding and cast it aside angrily. Hearing the click of a cocking crossbow, it spun around toward Thikut and raised it's head slightly. Beneath the hood little could be seen, except for the beard that came from within. It was unkempt and singed at the end.

[ December 30, 2007: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15