Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 424453 times)

ToniK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [40.24]
« Reply #570 on: February 03, 2016, 08:45:18 am »

Surprise update?!

Kind of bummer about the trading thing... anyway. Was a nice touch to give Sazir the manager post ;). Also, did you just try to murder Quasar?

I mean if by 'murder' you mean 'performing a science experiment' then maybe.

I THOUGHT SHE'D JUST GET A BROKEN LEG AND/OR ARM, NOT DIE.
>make fine drink
>>dwarven gin («☼coffee wood barrel☼»)
>>dwarven tonic («☼green glass vial☼»)
>>wild limes [1]

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 03, 2016, 09:18:44 am »

Surprise update?!

Kind of bummer about the trading thing... anyway. Was a nice touch to give Sazir the manager post ;). Also, did you just try to murder Quasar?

I mean if by 'murder' you mean 'performing a science experiment' then maybe.

I THOUGHT SHE'D JUST GET A BROKEN LEG AND/OR ARM, NOT DIE.

If she breaks another leg, will she get a 2nd crutch?  I suggest making platinum crutch and forbidding the gold crutch in the hospital chest.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 03, 2016, 11:06:50 am »

If that happens, I suppose we'll have to call Quasar.... double platinum. *shzaaam*

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 03, 2016, 03:17:09 pm »

~Surgeon's Journal - Autumn~

It has been quite a relief not having the burdens of leadership this year.  ToniK has done a fine job as my successor, a few innocent mishaps aside.

While I am quite pleased at his approval and renewed usage of the medical training system, choosing Quasar as the next test subject might be a tad harsh.  Assigning those whose profession of choice that starts with 'Fish' has always been my preferred method, but it is no longer in my hands.  It was both very fortunate that Quasar was unhurt, yet frustrating that I have not yet been able to sharpen my skills to their potential yet.

On a positive note, I didnt have to activate Contingency Plan Omega during the summer siege, although it was a close thing there for a while.  If the goblins stick to their usual routine, we are due for another siege here in the upcoming months as well.  No one has discovered Omega yet, so my escape path remains secure for now.  Brawling my way to it would be a huge waste of time; time that I most likely wouldnt have to spare if and when the time comes for Activation.

Time marches on, and Breadbowl will march right along with it.  May Armok bless us and smite our foes!

~~End of Autumn entry~~

ToniK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 07, 2016, 06:40:00 pm »

I'm getting some crashing issues; anyone know if there's a way to track what exactly is bugging out on me?
>make fine drink
>>wild limes [1]

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 07, 2016, 06:55:01 pm »

I'm getting some crashing issues; anyone know if there's a way to track what exactly is bugging out on me?

The only consistent crash I know of is trees growing into designated constructions. Are there any of those around?

Also, what's the exact error message?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #576 on: February 07, 2016, 07:43:29 pm »

Dorf me as a crazy mechanic (possibly?)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 07, 2016, 08:13:42 pm »

The only consistent crash I know of is trees growing into designated constructions. Are there any of those around?

Those trees (and branches / leaves) growing into constructions on walls. 
Sapplings in the pasture/dirt where it grows up into constructed floors -- like in that enclosed pastures, some of them have 2nd floor flooring. 

Those empty stock piles prevent tree growth, but it will continue to grow if the stockpile is removed.  build dirt floor, then build constructed floors over those and on unwanted sapplings.

ToniK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 10, 2016, 11:18:11 pm »

I played around with the pending buildings and it looks like it was that. Didn't give me any specifics, just the DF HAS CRASHED BLUH BLUH BLUH.

Update coming next post, uploading pics now. Wanting to do it separately for easy linkiness.

@Moony- I didn't see your request until I hit spring, my apologies! Next overseer will have to dorf you.
>make fine drink
>>wild limes [1]

ToniK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 10, 2016, 11:57:34 pm »

About this time, I'm regretting ever even thinking of an elf.

I've also lost track of how many trees I've ordered cut down...so I order a few more to be felled. This seems like a problem for the next overseer, not me. Isn't that right, Bob?

And I may as well do something with all these animals I'm slaughtering. I order some restock of the armory while finishing up my work on the walls. I may've gotten some strange looks, but when we need to throw some ballista on here, yeah, we'll see who's laughing then.

Probably not me. I'll either be already dead or about to be. Or drunk. Sigh.

...am I already drunk? Possibly. Maybe for not realizing I could chop these trees down without pissing off the pointy-ears, of course!

...and then everybody promptly starts to pick up 'equipment'. What equipment?

GET BACK INSIDE. er. UPSTAIRS. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE

you know i really don't feel bad for you at all. But I promptly ask myself; how many dwarves does it take to kill a cave crocodile?

Eventually I feel merciful and send in the military to kill it. And then I get another lot of complaints-

Miss Manager has decided that her above-ground office is no longer good enough. Not that I can blame her, seeing as...well, look!

Why would you do this! This is unsanitary and unsanity! I order a roof put on and hope that shuts her up. (It does.) Anyway, I've got another project to do before the year's up.

This? This, in a few years, will be trees. Trees to ensure the elves won't have us under their thumbs forever. Sure, it'll take a while, but it's a start.

...feels like that's most of what I've done here. Starts. The weather's changing again, and while the battlements are almost done, they're not quite there. Oh, the fortifications are done, but me?...

...I think it may be time to go find As.

WELL THAT WAS FUN, GLITCHY, AND EDUCATIONAL. I actually learned a heck of a lot through playing this; I'm just sorry it took like a month to do! Few notes-

--While the minecarts below have magma in them, I couldn't figure out how to move them upwards.
--We're only at about 50/121 trees cut down.
--The irrigation is halted for now; I've also dug out a lot of spaces, but I've created bridge setups where once all the rocks are drawn out we can close them to try and save on lag.
--Continued the clear glass creation, we've almost got all the farms covered.
--Did a lot of small housekeeping; a lot of the apartments have both chests and cabinets now.
--Save is http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11762! I have converted it to ASCII.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:09:53 am by ToniK »
>make fine drink
>>wild limes [1]

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 11, 2016, 06:03:17 am »

I've just booted up the save.
ToniK?
I think you really should've played for 1 more minute.

Spoiler: DRAMA! (click to show/hide)

ToniK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 11, 2016, 09:35:33 am »

I've just booted up the save.
ToniK?
I think you really should've played for 1 more minute.

Spoiler: DRAMA! (click to show/hide)

EXCELLENT, I CAN JOIN AS IN THE HAPPY PLACE!

(I still don't know how/why that undorf'd dorf became an important NPC. It just happened.)

also jfc how did he die???
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:28:40 pm by ToniK »
>make fine drink
>>wild limes [1]

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 12, 2016, 10:44:38 pm »

I've... got no idea. Talk about dropping dead. Also, I believe we've missed an overseering request few pages back.

I'd like to take a turn of this, please.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 13, 2016, 12:15:53 am »

You missed where I pulled out.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 13, 2016, 12:38:20 am »

It was the first day of Spring, and the dwarf was 153 years old. I thought I would be the one dying of old age immediately before my turn started.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 105