Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 233496 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #3240 on: September 27, 2015, 06:16:43 pm »

You guys are more impulsive than you are any specific alignment, it seems like half the time. Do a lot of stuff without any real impact to what you're doing, so far in the game. Plus, 'nice' and 'good' are not one and the same. It is perfectly possible to be quite kind, and yet diabolical.

Although, really Happy Demon, what can you expect? :P Gods in mythical pantheons in real life are rarely perfectly nice or good(which it seems like that's what you're looking for? I dunno). Plus, these are the bay12 forums.
Definition of Bay12: CHILD ABUSE, MLP, MONSTERUS, EVIL PEOPLE
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: September 27, 2015, 06:17:09 pm »

The over brain is not "Quite" Evil or Questionable

...The Over Brain is most defiantly evil. I cant even think of one "good" thing he has ever done.
The over brain Is looking for a way to power, it could be worse it could be forming weapons for profit
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA Ha ha ha   ha...
Ha.
Making weapons for profit is probably MORE normal.
Although, really Happy Demon, what can you expect? :P Gods in mythical pantheons in real life are rarely perfectly nice or good(which it seems like that's what you're looking for? I dunno). Plus, these are the bay12 forums.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: September 27, 2015, 06:17:36 pm »

You guys are more impulsive than you are any specific alignment, it seems like half the time. Do a lot of stuff without any real impact to what you're doing, so far in the game. Plus, 'nice' and 'good' are not one and the same. It is perfectly possible to be quite kind, and yet diabolical.

Definition of Bay12: CHILD ABUSE, MLP, MONSTERUS, EVIL PEOPLE
Ahem.  No, thank you.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: September 27, 2015, 06:17:58 pm »

Eh Vir is fairly rash and quick to panic and has a really really deep softspot for mortals
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: September 27, 2015, 06:22:09 pm »

Really.
I can totally believe that.
*coughalliedwithZENURIONANDTHEDONcough
Besides, That is why the Quite is in there, It did try to stop Si's troops nonviolently
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: September 27, 2015, 06:26:17 pm »

So how is that supposed to make me want to create a new god?
I mean, sure, mythological gods were jerks, but they had some sort of niceness.

The smug jerk gods tended to get a broken nose or something, they didn't get to insult people at no penalty.

Besides, That is why the Quite is in there, It did try to stop Si's troops nonviolently
You mean the mind altering and body morphing? Since that just felt like you were trying to counter my action without spending anything.
Not to mention, those actions are part of my problem with this RP.

I feel that more and more go for eldritch horror for the sake of eldritch horror.
Or at least tries to.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: September 27, 2015, 06:29:13 pm »

The smug jerk gods tended to get a broken nose or something, they didn't get to insult people at no penalty.

You mean the mind altering and body morphing? Since that just felt like you were trying to counter my action without spending anything.

I feel that more and more go for eldritch horror for the sake of eldritch horror.
Or at least tries to.
It was changing them into things like squirrels and deer, and telling there brains "return to home"
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: September 27, 2015, 06:32:53 pm »

Or at least tries to.
It was changing them into things like squirrels and deer, and telling there brains "return to home"
Well it sounded like he was going to turn them into beings that has no mouths, yet they must scream.
Not to mention, with no indication of paying, and the whole mess with poking the tendrils into Zenurion's head previously.
There's also the point where he was supposed to be a planet-sized ball of flesh. Which just makes me think of Azathoth.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: September 27, 2015, 06:34:26 pm »

Anyone think KJP would be opposed to my new god?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: September 27, 2015, 06:34:46 pm »

Or at least tries to.
Well it sounded like he was going to turn them into beings that has no mouths, yet they must scream.
Not to mention, with no indication of paying, and the whole mess with poking the tendrils into Zenurion's head previously.
There's also the point where he was supposed to be a planet-sized ball of flesh. Which just makes me think of Azathoth.
Hay my job seems to be at this point in time to confuse the other gods and be confused in turn
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: September 27, 2015, 06:34:58 pm »

Eldritch horror i will maybe end up making a few but that depends on how Ver develops right now she is a naive girl who is rash impulsive has morebpower than should be put on a literal 8 year old and was traumatised. By what she saw when sge entered this realm and more than anything she wants to be able to sure that her parents would be proud of her Ver thinks like a mortal still and wants to live up to her name Ver which actually. Means hero she may be able to keep who she is with the god of heroism on the way but she could also fall into despair and easily die from the madness and evil of those around her Vir is simply a girl trapped in a situation where she dosent know what to do and tries to put up a brave face and be the hero she desperately. Wants to be

HOLY GOD DAMN I WROTE THIS MUCH!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: September 27, 2015, 06:37:27 pm »

Zenurion is Loki. He hasn't insulted literally everyone yet (I think), which Loki did in a single sitting. Plus, a lot of mythological gods were very proud. Most of the gods here...are less so.

Mostly I think it's that it's hard to do anything that really 'sticks'. There's either 'low on Ichor' or 'dead'. We can't feel pain, and we aren't ourselves being insulted when a god insults someone else. So there's a lot less motivation to try and do something.

As for creating a new god, it's basically me asking 'why not'? It's a multiplayer game. You're not always (or often) going to be in complete control of the situation, and you're never going to be able to be in complete control of what other people do. Can't let fictional mortals dying get to you.

Plus, the smuggest gods were usually the ones considered the best in old timey pantheons...and if you think gods like Eid or Zhin or Sylvan don't have some sort of niceness...Zhin tries to give his followers a good life, for what it is. Yeah, you have to work. Personally, IRL? I like having something to do to keep me busy. 'Working' doesn't mean backbreaking manual labor; you just need to be a productive member of society under him. Eid may have been misguided(and murderous), but he's trying to do right by his people. Sylvan kills lumberjacks, because she views them as murdering trees. To the gods, mortals are on a whole different scale of mental ability. They're pets, servants, or small children at best, crops, livestock, or playthings at worst. We aren't country leaders. We are divine beings who created the planets and stars, and gave birth to life. If it's gods being jerks to one another that bother you...well, that's gonna be how multiplayer games go. Don't see why you should let it stop you, rather than roll off your back. It's all just a story, after all. And what story is complete without a villain?

Or a hero?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: September 27, 2015, 06:39:36 pm »

And Vir still sees them as the same thing as her so shes either gonna be a hero or die horribly

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: September 27, 2015, 06:44:10 pm »

I guess the RPs have begun to rub me the wrong way lately.
With the bypassing, the countering, the immunity, and the crunch vs fluff actions.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: September 27, 2015, 06:48:54 pm »

I guess the RPs have begun to rub me the wrong way lately.
With the bypassing, the countering, the immunity, and the crunch vs fluff actions.
... So you suicide in game, hopefully this docent link to your own life...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 241