Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231585 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to full launch) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #525 on: August 20, 2015, 02:29:04 pm »

Actually, maybe I should just have Si opt out of the council vote, and just make her own planet, regardless of which choice wins.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 20, 2015, 02:30:40 pm »

Actually, it's as if people decided they will be only be making 1 pile of rocks, and they all work together, then get angry because someone made another pile of rocks.
The council is about collaborative actions, so it shouldn't even be concerned about what a single god is doing.

But if it's that bad, I can make it a secret action.

Assuming this scenario came to pass:

We all voted on having one planet. He decides "I wanted more planets than this" and makes another one.

That is annoying to me.

If we had all voted on three planets, and we decided "I want less planets then this" and combined all three, it would be equally annoying.

It isn't my character that is annoyed, it is me. The Council really has nothing to do with it. The general thing is that the majority would agree on a setting (Number of planets being a very important part of the game world), and he would go against that as a member of a minority for no real reason.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 20, 2015, 02:35:03 pm »

Actually, it's as if people decided they will be only be making 1 pile of rocks, and they all work together, then get angry because someone made another pile of rocks.
The council is about collaborative actions, so it shouldn't even be concerned about what a single god is doing.

But if it's that bad, I can make it a secret action.

Assuming this scenario came to pass:

We all voted on having one planet. He decides "I wanted more planets than this" and makes another one.

That is annoying to me.

If we had all voted on three planets, and we decided "I want less planets then this" and combined all three, it would be equally annoying.

It isn't my character that is annoyed, it is me. The Council really has nothing to do with it. The general thing is that the majority would agree on a setting (Number of planets being a very important part of the game world), and he would go against that as a member of a minority for no real reason.

That's true.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 20, 2015, 02:36:44 pm »

Actually, maybe I should just have Si opt out of the council vote, and just make her own planet, regardless of which choice wins.

Why do you need your own planet?

You realize that unless you make either a shitty race or use up nearly everything you have, you won't actually be able to use it, right?

Or prevent other gods from doing so?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 20, 2015, 02:37:35 pm »

You realize that unless you make either a shitty race or use up nearly everything you have, you won't actually be able to use it, right?

Yeah, why would you need other planets?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 20, 2015, 02:44:00 pm »

Yeah, why would you need other planets?
Well... Si isn't very much for sharing. Or talking, or voting, or being part of a council.
She's more of a rogue deity, excluding herself from the council.

But...

Would you trust a god which abandons the council? Would you help a god that abandoned the council, if she were attacked, by a council member?
Would you even trust them to not attack you? Would you attack them before they can attack you?
Basically, Si is an easy target if she leaves the council, one you can easily kill, and nobody would mind.
Heck, you could even smash whatever planet she makes, and nobody would even bat an eye.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 20, 2015, 02:47:23 pm »

I fully expect people to start leaving the council as soon as Creation is over.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 20, 2015, 02:48:14 pm »

Yeah, and when you're using up Ichor like crazy, you're putting yourself in a poor position to be such a rogue god.

So again, why do you need your own planet? Is Si just not willing to share, ever?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 20, 2015, 02:48:55 pm »

I would like to make some sub councils.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 20, 2015, 02:50:48 pm »

And I expect some to stay, and hunt down the ones who left.

Yeah, and when you're using up Ichor like crazy, you're putting yourself in a poor position to be such a rogue god.

So again, why do you need your own planet? Is Si just not willing to share, ever?
Well, it's not entirely sure if I will make her create her own planet. But sharing would almost necessitate talking, and Si's not the one to talk.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 20, 2015, 02:51:50 pm »

Yeah, what's the point of the council after creation?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 20, 2015, 02:51:55 pm »

Well... Si isn't very much for sharing. Or talking, or voting, or being part of a council.
She's more of a rogue deity, excluding herself from the council.

But...

Would you trust a god which abandons the council? Would you help a god that abandoned the council, if she were attacked, by a council member?
Would you even trust them to not attack you? Would you attack them before they can attack you?
Basically, Si is an easy target if she leaves the council, one you can easily kill, and nobody would mind.
Heck, you could even smash whatever planet she makes, and nobody would even bat an eye.

That doesn't give you a reason to make your own planet. If everyone makes their own planet, this game isn't any fun. Personally, the Don isn't about to let you have your own planet untouched, he will, at the very least, take some of it for his own turf. You don't expect everyone to just let your planet waddle along, ignored by all Gods, do you?

Like I said, if you really, really want to make your own place, why not just content yourself with a small moon that doesn't annoy everyone?

As do I. Won't be much of it left, it is technically just a Pantheon anyway.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 20, 2015, 02:52:12 pm »

I won't be. There's no real reason to. You only pay for things you support, after all. Leaving just means you can't vote on what does get passed.

I don't really see why you think the Council members would hunt down everyone who left like bloodthirsty beasts, though. Why would they need to or care to?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 20, 2015, 02:56:18 pm »

You're putting words in my mouth now, please stop that.
I never said she would be ignored, I never said all the gods should make their own planets.

I fully expect someone to kill her and take her planet, I expect her to be made an example of (if she makes her own planet).
I never expected Si to survive.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 20, 2015, 02:57:13 pm »

Creating an extra planet is not quite the same as combining three. In one scenario, creations of others are left untouched.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 241