Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231621 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #975 on: August 23, 2015, 01:24:41 pm »

But I made Elves this time.

And Dwarves disguised as Elves.

Two words: Elder Scrolls.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 23, 2015, 01:40:52 pm »

Oh, FArg?

Here ya go.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 23, 2015, 01:43:44 pm »

How
is
that
a
thing
already?
It happens. I, too, thought my first idea for a race was original. Then I realized they were basically Tyranids. So I came up with the Haunts: not very remarkably creative, but also nothing I've seen in media.

But I made Elves this time.

And Dwarves disguised as Elves.

Two words: Elder Scrolls.
Nope, those the Dwemer are elves disguised as dwarves.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 23, 2015, 01:47:09 pm »

Nope, those the Dwemer are elves disguised as dwarves.

Have you red the description of his "Deep Elves"? They are pretty much Dwemer. His "Dwarves" are almost the same as them.

It happens. I, too, thought my first idea for a race was original. Then I realized they were basically Tyranids. So I came up with the Haunts: not very remarkably creative, but also nothing I've seen in media.

Don't worry about it. Starcraft had the exact same problem.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:51:06 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 23, 2015, 01:56:06 pm »

I admit nothing.  :P

It could've been worse. There could've been a third green skinned race of Elf-kin.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 23, 2015, 01:58:18 pm »

It's just from Norse mythology, in the end, really. Dark Elves, Deep Elves, Dwarves, whatever you want to call them.

The Puren are fairly dwarfish as well, if you think about it. Which is kinda funny since me and Vgray were thinking of being allies or at least we're both eventually gonna be imperialistic, and we ended up making very similar structures for our races. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 23, 2015, 03:00:19 pm »

Don't worry about it. Starcraft had the exact same problem.

But they did it so much better, that GW copied zerg all over their nids 2nd edition. Just do as well and all will work out.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 23, 2015, 03:06:02 pm »

It's just from Norse mythology, in the end, really. Dark Elves, Deep Elves, Dwarves, whatever you want to call them.

The Puren are fairly dwarfish as well, if you think about it. Which is kinda funny since me and Vgray were thinking of being allies or at least we're both eventually gonna be imperialistic, and we ended up making very similar structures for our races. :P
I think I must've had them in mind. Them and the Aag from Litany.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 23, 2015, 03:06:19 pm »

Oh, FArg?

Here ya go.

Thanks! Gonna add them as soon as I can.

Edit: Done
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 03:10:41 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 23, 2015, 03:45:00 pm »

Oh, yeah, and when I actually made them I ended up adding [Intelligence+1] to the Zhǎngzǐ. Forgot about that when I made the link, sorry. Faithful is actually called Pious, apparently, and Exceptional was replaced by Unique. :P

I think I'll probably make my Enforcers somewhat cheaper...they're police forces, not special forces, after all. Maybe not. Maybe super-police is a good idea, since I won't need as many of them, and it's better if they're effective.

What size would you guys say is a good size for soldiers, do you think? Size+2? I mean, my big war machines are probably gonna be like Size+6, but you know.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 23, 2015, 03:49:59 pm »

So in that update between Tick 1 and 3, KJP mentioned some teleportation-tech Rule had. Does it actually have that?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 23, 2015, 03:50:17 pm »

I think the Skarati are a bit ridiculously good.
They can heal the wounded and cure the sick and poisoned.

I don't think their lacking of charisma will hinder them so much, considering they can heal the sick, saving them from a painful death of the diseases being spread around.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 23, 2015, 03:52:34 pm »

So in that update between Tick 1 and 3, KJP mentioned some teleportation-tech Rule had. Does it actually have that?
I have no idea. I have to spend essence for a gate/portals, and that's how I'd like to have most travel and trade between the worlds go (mmm delicious tariffs), so I didn't think so, but I honestly have no idea. What he might have meant is that since I'm close to all three worlds and can communicate with my followers directly and do so basically all the time, that technology can traverse worlds easily that way.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 23, 2015, 05:01:41 pm »

So...Happy Demon...that's how he normally speaks (and if you want to talk about speaking like a civilized person with the god of Civilization...well...:P). I don't want to have him talking 'normally' because it feels like it breaks character. If Si is having trouble understanding him, another god can translate for her, most likely. If she asks Zhin to clarify, he could probably try and answer with a series of explications. If you, the player, are having trouble understanding, I can give you an explanation of what he's saying in the OOC.

But the Rod of Speaking just feels...I don't wanna say rude, but sorta? It feels like it's saying 'I can't be bothered to try and sort out your character's speech quirk, so just stop having them speak that way'. And if you're low on time or whatever, that's a perfectly legitimate thing to not have the time or mental energy to do. I have Zhin speak less often than I might otherwise because translating into his speak can be time consuming, especially since I'm trying to be consistent with syntax so people don't get more confused than they otherwise might. But if that's the case, just ask me OOC, please.

Also, because when I have a character speak normally, I inevitably end up talking just like how I do/would, and when I'm trying to go for a style/manner of speaking befitting their character, I end up getting annoyed. Happened with Darruth in the last game, too. >.> So that's partially selfish on my part, but still.

If you do need an OOC explanation: he's saying that he can protect the Skizani and Skarati and your other creations if they live in Rule, since he has so much power/control within himself, and they would be safer and happier there, and that it's just like with all races being welcome so long as they work for their keep (no slumming/mooching, basically), show respect both in the sense of being respectful to the city and devoting some small portion of time to praise of the city, and tthey behave themselves.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 23, 2015, 05:04:08 pm »

How about this? The rod doesn't work.
Because he's a machine.

Oh, and it's not because I don't want to sort, but because Si just doesn't understand.

Edit: Oh, and I've written assembly, your syntax is nothing in comparison.
Edit 2: But I will say I didn't know he was speaking to Si at first.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 05:14:06 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 241