Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231626 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1245 on: August 26, 2015, 05:22:49 pm »

It was using the Articles of Confederation, Stirk. Not the Constitution.

Additionally, I looked up the relevant articles, and that's not even actually how they work.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 26, 2015, 05:26:01 pm »

This document served as the United States' first constitution, and was in force from March 1, 1781, until 1789 when the present day Constitution went into effect.

The AoC where our constitution  ::). Of course it isn't how they work, why in the world would it be?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 26, 2015, 05:43:33 pm »

Looks like someone is just jealous that our Constitution lets you opt-out of The Law!

And probably never heard of the "Freemen on the land" thing that goes on in Europe.
"Europe"

Freemen are mainly active in the United States and in other English-speaking countries: Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.

Literaly the third sentence. Three Two countries, not even including Germany within them, do not constitute Europe.

But it is plenty hillarious, thank you for sharing this.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 26, 2015, 05:46:53 pm »

Looks like someone is just jealous that our Constitution lets you opt-out of The Law!

And probably never heard of the "Freemen on the land" thing that goes on in Europe.
"Europe"

Freemen are mainly active in the United States and in other English-speaking countries: Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.

Literaly the third sentence. Three Two countries, not even including Germany within them, do not constitute Europe.

But it is plenty hillarious, thank you for sharing this.

...I was referring to your "Same Continent" comment. So ya, Europe  ::).

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 26, 2015, 07:03:36 pm »

This document served as the United States' first constitution, and was in force from March 1, 1781, until 1789 when the present day Constitution went into effect.

The AoC where our constitution  ::). Of course it isn't how they work, why in the world would it be?

A lower-case c constitution, sure. But you said Constitution. :P

Because early Americans were silly buggers?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 26, 2015, 07:05:49 pm »

A lower-case c constitution, sure. But you said Constitution. :P

Because early Americans were silly buggers?

Of course I did. Haven't you noticed I pointlessly Capitalize random words? It makes them look more important. And the Founding Fathers where Gods, insulting them will lead to being smitten by lightning (Who had been tamed by one using nothing bite a kite.))

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1251 on: August 27, 2015, 01:10:08 am »

General/Undirected OOC stuff:
Prices list: All listed traits are multipliers
Disease resistance: I try to be somewhat realistic about how diseases spread while still allowing them to have their intended effects. Biological diseases affecting carbos probably won't affect races like the Crystallum or the Star-People because of incompatible biology. Biological diseases affecting the Fhthygorakhs near the distant star of Fhthygotafh will not affect the Haunts of the unnamed star system because of lack of reasonable contact. Memetic diseases affecting Efte will likely not affect visiting Wisps much because of vector incompatibility.
Free magic systems: Still available for new players. Basically, you get to create two magic systems ("schools") for use in-game. They are added onto a nice spreadsheet listing all the types of magic there are and how they relate to/interact with each other.
Talk about lefties: An easier way to spot lefties is to see which hands they use when they write(/make art to discuss politics on OOC)
Trip: Thanks! (My time zone settings may help provide some clues on the question "where on Earth is Kilo Jouleproton?")

tntey: Fertility additions: That would probably overcomplicate things without much reward. Currently, population growth is modeled using a population, births proportion, and a deaths proportion. Ephemeral/1-Tick modifiers through races data file directives may be implemented soon to make Flux fertility blessings easier.

As for litter sizes, I leave that as a matter of description text.

Reviving dead gods: Yes, this is one of the primary methods.

Godslaying mortals: Mortals that can slay/injure gods given the chance even using mundane tools/weapons. This does not guarantee that they will get quite close enough to do so without a smiting thunderbolt or the target running away.

Rolepgeek: Drop in birth rate: It was the sudden lack of super fertility blessings. I must admit, I was caught a bit off-guard by them even though they should have been expected uses of Flux. They will likely be toned down a bit in the near future to keep new races from becoming woefully underpowered. I'm not sure why the death rate went down, though, so there could be a bug lurking around somewhere

Lost souls: These are calculated from the segment of the population that serves no god. Since piety normally decreases from 100% at creation (probably a bit too quickly now that I think about it), their proportion can be expected to increase until they reach (100% - base piety).

micelus: I'll check on it and likely redo the income calculations. I wonder if this is related to a previous bug wherein capacity and current amount were mixed up.

Demonic Spoon: Added
Positive population growth with [Lifespan-4] [Fruitful-2]: Not without constant fertility blessings
Positive population growth with [Lifespan-4] [Fruitful0]: Not reliably/without constant fertility blessings
Aligned abilities for a god of Trees: Make trees grow faster, make trees grow in specific shapes, save trees, make trees bloom? That's all I can imagine up right now.

Defense and Protection: Defense is for avoiding the hit and Protection is for soaking it up as Rolepgeek said

DreamerGhost: "Mostly," although it will still print "Mostly" even if overall piety is at 100%. This may change after I work on above-100% piety

Andres: Resurrective immortality: I leave the method of resurrecting open, but not even the head's necessary. The soul, for the aligned and such, will hang around in your afterlife if you have one.

USB on nonstandard reproduction methods: Depends on how nonstandard

$$$Response
Rolepgeek:
Public speaker+1 <1.1>: Grants minor bonus for speaking to large groups
Public speaker+2 <1.2>: Grants fair bonus for speaking to large groups
Public speaker+3 <1.3>: Grants good bonus for speaking to large groups
Diplomat+1 <1.1>: Grants minor bonus for speaking to small groups
Diplomat+2 <1.2>: Grants fair bonus for speaking to small groups
Diplomat+3 <1.3>: Grants good bonus for speaking to small groups
Wanderer <1.2>: Overland(or water, or air) speed and ability to find safe and secure lodging during long-distance travel is improved

Detoxicated(/Alpha Pantheon?):
Masterful staff of war and geography: 3E? I'm not sure of how powerful the staff is intended to be.

TheBiggerFish:
Retroactively seeding the worlds with technomantic prematerials: 0E

FallacyofUrist:
Sphere of magical metal that absorbs Flux and compresses it and explodes when triggered by its creator(s) created from scratch: 30E

Demonic Spoon:
Evertrees (based on Stirk's post which may have copied it): [Charismatic+2 <1.2>] [Extremophile+3 <2.8>] [Earns Experience <5>] [Disease resistance+4 <2.9>] [Protection+2 <1.2>] [Magic resistance+4 <2>] [Speed-2 <0.6>] [Unworshipful <0.5>] [Intelligence-2 <0.6>] [Fruitful+5 <2>] [Fireproof <1.2>] [Teleport+1 <1.2>] [Size+6 <1.6>] [Will Be Back <5>] [Focus-Discover-Propagate] = 485E/1000
Arboreal administrator: Is indeed 6.0E, but can probably do without the Earns Experience trait (which I will update and clarify)

Andres:
Archangels: No

Stirk:
Avg. 5.4E/1000 sounds about right, and flying is free

micelus:
Killing and absorbing a god(s): Varies by method, probably uses similar numbers to those of settling into the world (but with expending amounts and absorbing caps to get caps)
Changing to another god: Free but do this only once a week at most with all stats at at least 50%
Djinnification apocalypse: 40E with slow expansion and tiny initial effect, 25% off if you can provide a good, insane video (>2 minutes) of the likely results

FArgHalfnr:
Incinerating an area of 10 000 000 m^2: 10F? Assumes no resistance (the final price is likely 10F*(number of opposers + 1)

Rolepgeek:
Taking control of another god: No

Kevak:
Voidcatpocalypse: 10E for a plane of cats and cats (2E connected), >30E for a small, permanent tear of world-ending quality

micelus:
Changing another god's spheres forcibly: No
Make all atoms penguin-shaped: Potentially 0E, varies by how much this actually changes anything and opposition (+2E/opposer assuming no big changes)
Make all protons Djinn-shaped: Potentially 0E, varies by how much this actually changes anything and opposition (+2E/opposer assuming no big changes)

TheBiggerFish:
Make all materials edible to Crystallum: Potentially 0E, varies by how much this actually changes anything and opposition (+2E/opposer assuming no big changes)
Make Crystallum omnomnomnivores: <x10>
Turning a sun into a giant Star-Person: Potentially 0E (+2E/opposer) (Remember that suns are priced by function rather than form)
Causing a sun to go nova: Likely 35E/F
Making resonant the planetary surfaces of all three planets/any one planet: Potentially 0E, varies by how much this actually changes anything and opposition (+2E/opposer assuming no big changes)
Causing divinium to spontaneously decay: Total Ichor affected * 1.5

Andres:
Changing tech level: Poll/proposal

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 27, 2015, 01:24:36 am »

General/Undirected OOC stuff:
Prices list: All listed traits are multipliers
Disease resistance: I try to be somewhat realistic about how diseases spread while still allowing them to have their intended effects. Biological diseases affecting carbos probably won't affect races like the Crystallum or the Star-People because of incompatible biology. Biological diseases affecting the Fhthygorakhs near the distant star of Fhthygotafh will not affect the Haunts of the unnamed star system because of lack of reasonable contact. Memetic diseases affecting Efte will likely not affect visiting Wisps much because of vector incompatibility.

Demonic Spoon: Added
Positive population growth with [Lifespan-4] [Fruitful-2]: Not without constant fertility blessings
Positive population growth with [Lifespan-4] [Fruitful0]: Not reliably/without constant fertility blessings
Aligned abilities for a god of Trees: Make trees grow faster, make trees grow in specific shapes, save trees, make trees bloom? That's all I can imagine up right now.

Demonic Spoon:
Arboreal administrator: Is indeed 6.0E, but can probably do without the Earns Experience trait (which I will update and clarify)

Thanks for the answers! Not sure what you mean by the Earns Experience trait, clarification would indeed be appreciated. (Checked the list and the trait doesn't seem to have changed yet.)

Would an angel benefit from the aligned trait, or is that already included in Divine? (Divine mentions they get sphere specific abilities).

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 27, 2015, 01:33:45 am »

If I made an angel that's twice as powerful as a normal angel in every way, would that double the cost of the angel?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1254 on: August 27, 2015, 01:35:01 am »

Demonic Spoon: Divine does indeed expand to [Aligned <5>] [Resurrective Immortality <5>]. The Big Book has now been updated accordingly.

Andres: Twice as powerful: Again, power is not one-dimensional

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 27, 2015, 01:38:46 am »

Yeah, I think I understand now. Otherwise an angel that's twice as strong, twice as fast, twice as magical, etc. will only cost twice as much as a normal angel when all the upgrades combined would end up making it cost more than twice that much normally.

$$$
Price check on a [Quick Leaner] trait which increases the subject race or being's ability to learn new things
Price check on the above for a version that only relates to combat
Price check on a [Healing Factor] trait
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:40:18 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 27, 2015, 01:46:00 am »

Can the bodyguard trait be assigned to something of larger scope than a single target? I had thoughts of creating "treeguards" with Bodyguard +3 (Trees) and and Teleport +4 and have them pop up behind lumberjacks and stuff.

$$$
Regeneration was already pricechecked iirc.

EDIT: Would just like to note that due to feedback on "earns experience" trait (thought still unsure why "can probably do without" the trait?), have removed it from the arboreal administrators, and have increased the number of arboreal administrators created to three.

EDIT2: Actually, would appreciate some feedback on how useful the rulership trait would be to arboreal administrators.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 04:05:35 am by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 27, 2015, 02:49:22 am »

$$$
Regeneration was already pricechecked iirc.
I'm not seeing it in the list.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1258 on: August 27, 2015, 04:03:36 am »

Rolepgeek:
[Regenerative+1 <1.4>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a season or two
[Regenerative+2 <2>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a month or so
[Regenerative+3 <2.8>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a week or two
[Regenerative+4 <4>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a few days
[Regenerative+5 <5.7>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a day or so
Here it is

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1259 on: August 27, 2015, 04:21:58 am »

Rolepgeek:
[Regenerative+1 <1.4>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a season or two
[Regenerative+2 <2>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a month or so
[Regenerative+3 <2.8>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a week or two
[Regenerative+4 <4>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a few days
[Regenerative+5 <5.7>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a day or so
Here it is
Cool. Thanks.

Are Divine beings capable of worship? It doesn't say anything about it making them incapable.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 241