Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231581 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1575 on: September 02, 2015, 10:08:14 am »

Human's aren't fireproof
All I'm getting from this is that humans should have the fireproof trait added sometime.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 02, 2015, 10:13:31 am »

Human's aren't fireproof
All I'm getting from this is that humans should have the fireproof trait added sometime.

They really should, if they are going to have their culture based entirely off of plasmancy.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 02, 2015, 10:20:38 am »

$$$PRICECHECK
Foresight +2: Both its cost and effects
Fill large areas of non-temperate Boreal with mundane trees adapted for its environment

Throwing this up here before I make them for error-checking, feedback, consideration.

Dryads
[Affinity(Tree-Jutsu) Free?][Affinity+1(Dryadism) <x1.4>][Charismatic+1 <x1.1>][Fruitful+4 <x1.4>][Lifespan-4 <x0.5>][Magic resistance-1 <x0.8>][Pious+2 <x2>][Protection-1 <x0.8>][Single-gendered <x0.6>][Size-3 <x0.77>][Speed-1 <x0.8>][USB <x1.2>]
~0.00061 Essence per ten

Tree Kings
[Am Legion+1 <x1.1>][Charismatic+2 <x1.2>][Divine <x25>][Fruitful+2 <x1.2>][Intelligence+1 <x1.2>][Loyalty+10 <x2>][Perceptive+1 <x1.2>][Public speaking+3 <x1.3>][Rulership+5 <x2.5>][Single-gendered <x0.6>][Size-3 <x0.77>][Speed-1 <x0.8>]
~0,137 Essence per ten

Trait Questions! :
Does Recoil work against divine attacks? (With that price tag, I'd sort of hope so.)
Does the bonus from Earns Experience apply to Foresight?
Could deleting unwanted memories, like Delveology can do, help with the potential sanity hits from foresight?

EDIT: Think I forgot some zeroes in the final price. Should be fixed?
EDIT2: Added tree kings and additional pricecheck
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:41:11 pm by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 02, 2015, 12:48:46 pm »

No, no he didn't. He just tossed around a bunch of terms and pretended that they did. It really isn't worth your time, KJP.

I completely agree with that. As his channels' name implies, everything he does is theories. He shouldn't be relied on for anything serious. I remember when Five nights at Freddy's games were being released that he would constantly make theories about the games which always ended up being wrong. So basically that guy is entertainment, not answers.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 02, 2015, 01:04:24 pm »

Oh my I thought plasmamancy was the manipulation of blood plasma. I think I might be retarded.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 02, 2015, 01:07:24 pm »

Oh my I thought plasmamancy was the manipulation of blood plasma. I think I might be retarded.
Not stupid at all really, I believe that was the base concept for plasmaurgy after all.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:09:42 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 02, 2015, 01:20:03 pm »

Not stupid at all really, I believe that was the base concept for plasmaurgy after all.

That is also incorrect. Plasmurgy (Spelling is a sin) is Divine/Godly magic, which gives them "Godly creation" type powers.

All magics are currently in the OP ('cept maybe the newer ones.)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 02, 2015, 01:23:16 pm »

That is also incorrect. Plasmurgy (Spelling is a sin) is Divine/Godly magic, which gives them "Godly creation" type powers.

I know, I just thought the base idea it was developed from was manipulating blood (divine blood maybe?) though, but after digging the name is actually based on the greek word.

Also, in light some recent discussions, posting this seems relevant:
Uses of magic: Unlike in YG0, magic cannot be used to escape having to pay Essence (or whatever replaces it). Here, magic is largely (but not completely) relegated to use by mortals attempting to copy a tiny fraction of what gods can do. However, minor actions now start at a base cost of 0 for the fairly uninfluential things (e.g. miraculous food for some random starving petitioner's family, knocking a random expensive vase over, teleporting a peasant child to a local ball by veggie carriage, &c.).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:29:50 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 02, 2015, 01:25:47 pm »

But what could I do to nerf my current ones?
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 02, 2015, 01:28:17 pm »

What? That seems a bit of a non-sequitur.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 02, 2015, 01:29:33 pm »

What are they, again? You don't have links to the OP and it would be easier just to ask  :P.

I know, I just thought the base idea it was developed from was manipulating blood (divine blood maybe?) though, but after digging it's actually based on the greek word.

Also, in light some recent discussions, posting this seems relevant:
Uses of magic: Unlike in YG0, magic cannot be used to escape having to pay Essence (or whatever replaces it). Here, magic is largely (but not completely) relegated to use by mortals attempting to copy a tiny fraction of what gods can do. However, minor actions now start at a base cost of 0 for the fairly uninfluential things (e.g. miraculous food for some random starving petitioner's family, knocking a random expensive vase over, teleporting a peasant child to a local ball by veggie carriage, &c.).

Like I said, you where incorrect  :P. I don't see how that is relevant to the current conversation?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 02, 2015, 01:31:57 pm »

I don't see how that is relevant to the current conversation?
I said recent, not current, was referring to the whole "try and trap a god with mortal magic" thing.

What do you guys think about using that to warn you that a broadcast is about to begin? I can't hear any of you, so there's no point in answering.
Lol
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:34:56 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 02, 2015, 01:49:40 pm »

Alright, found em! took me forever though, might want to get them linked:

Ooh, another school of magic, I thought of it while trying to mentally construct just what the E'lement K'ruppt is capable of.

San K'ruppt (Sann Kropp=True Body), a bodily magic, which draws from the body of the user.
Users of San K'ruppt will be able to enhance their bodies, but at the cost of energy, not life energy, just energy, as in stamina or mana.
They can also meditate to more quickly recover said energy, though doing so is not easy, requiring significant mastery.
Healing, curing diseases, curing poison, enhancing strength, and they can do this to others as well, though it's difficult. They can solve many non-magical problems.
It can't stop fire or lift curses, only heal the damage they do.

San K'ruppt can also be used for fighting, enhancing your strength, durability, or shooting (short range) energy blasts out of your hands.
Not to mention it strengthening your instincts, and enhancing your senses.
But it does nothing to help the mind or soul, so users will often become dull minded or revert to bestial behavior, as the body's instincts begin to take precedent over the mind.
The effect is difficult to counteract, and those who begin to become dull-minded will likely not notice this happening before it's too late.
And if you use San K'ruppt too recklessly, it can affect your mind directly, making you start to go insane.

In the OP, credit for feromancy is given to Happy Demon. I'm pretty sure I made it.
I have not made any magic yet, so I'll side with you on this.
If anything, I'll just make my own magic.

Create E'lement K'ruppt, and elemental magic based on exchange, trading control over the element, with parts of the body.
If a person dabbles into elemental fire, they'll start becoming more and more fire-like (glowing veins, emitting smoke, and even being on fire) as they gain more and more control, same for the other elements.
They can even trade limbs for elemental control, like giving up your arm, and getting an elemental stone arm instead, which gives control over earth through that arm.
The naming is based on "Element" and "Kropp", the latter meaning "Body".

Edit: The E'lement K'ruppt is irreversible, and is rather insidious, slowly trying to spread to more of your body. The end result being that you inevitably turn into an elemental.
The shape is based on the soul, so you don't even need to have the limb to offer it, it will just generate the elemental limb.
This takes time however, so a severed head can't just gain an elemental body in the time it takes to suffocate, it takes minutes to hours or even days, depending on how much of your body you trade.

I just realized he may have read it as "All Magic is currently OP", which would explain that comment a bit more  :P.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 02, 2015, 02:05:19 pm »

Oh, I thought you mean as in, magic is currently in the OP, as in overpowered, as in, in the overpowered category.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 02, 2015, 02:06:40 pm »

original post, meaning the first post is what Stirk meant.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 241