Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232622 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1890 on: September 06, 2015, 02:21:46 am »

So do Don Giovanni's law changes actually affect Humanity's laws? Their ruler is an angel and would thus know what Don is doing, plus he's a lawmancer.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: September 06, 2015, 02:25:49 am »

Just so we're clear, an IC conversation as meta as this 'Mördinger' one isn't against the rules? Everything makes sense in-universe, but the easiest way to portray it is to just briefly glance at the fourth wall.

So do Don Giovanni's law changes actually affect Humanity's laws? Their ruler is an angel and would thus know what Don is doing, plus he's a lawmancer.
Most of them are actually unenforceable. For example, as the police need to breathe in order to catch someone breathing illegally, and couldn't otherwise do so, no court can collect enough admissible evidence for a guilty verdict.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: September 06, 2015, 02:31:04 am »

Just so we're clear, an IC conversation as meta as this 'Mördinger' one isn't against the rules? Everything makes sense in-universe, but the easiest way to portray it is to just briefly glance at the fourth wall.

Most of them are actually unenforceable. For example, as the police need to breathe in order to catch someone breathing illegally, and couldn't otherwise do so, no court can collect enough admissible evidence for a guilty verdict.
Unless we make the police unbreathing automatons!  :D Or undead abominations

We have the magic science!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1893 on: September 06, 2015, 02:39:15 am »

Demonic Spoon: There is a disease/are diseases going around engineered to cause permadeath bypassing Will Be Back.

The IC-OOC separation rule was intended to keep IC events from leaking and causing flame wars on OOC (as often happened in YG1) and prevent OOC things from being exploited IC (as also often happened in YG1). Keeping the fourth wall in reasonable condition is something of a bonus.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: September 06, 2015, 03:01:06 am »

Just for the record, these are actual actions and I actually do want to do my circus/bread actions.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: September 06, 2015, 03:07:24 am »

Huh. Disease resistance suddenly became a priority.

I'm guessing those diseases have the [Eats Souls] trait. Clever.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:03:20 am by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: September 06, 2015, 04:42:12 am »

I'm not entirely sure if I should vote on the artifact cost. On one hand, I want to make more artifacts, as it's cheaper to make golems than artifacts.
On the other, artifacts would lose some of their impact if they cost less.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:47:27 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1897 on: September 06, 2015, 02:18:36 pm »

General announcements: Looks like another 24h to T7 after a wasted day trying to get a few lousy combat scripts to work.

Happy Demon: The base prices for agents (=empowered races before padding) and angels are still the same

Poll: Maybe put two votes for [Destructible]? It seems like a good way to make actual cheap artifacts that don't see much use in battle.

gman8181: That seems to be a reasonable system possible to combine with a variant of option 2 replacing creator with primary gods

Rolepgeek: The traits with population numbers have been updated, I think

Andres: Now I'm confused, too. I wonder if just switching access and ability would work. (I really need to revise the terminology too. At least I successfully conveyed what I had in mind with the CON and STR analogy, but a buried OOC anecdote about Whatevermancy and Supermancy doesn't count.)

Paying E when donating caps: No, but said creation will start out with half of whatever it gets. (May be corrected to full value if I see no problems with it)

[Destructible]: <0.1> will likely be an option

Law changes: Not frequently, I'd imagine. Given the history of inserting silly laws, they've probably wised up to ignorable nonsense laws appearing iin places where it matters. (No one's created an ultra-Lawful race yet, I think. How interesting it would be to have the laws change on them!)

tntey: 1 warning for being overly harsh

hector13 and Andres: The poll did indeed come up right after the question

FArgHalfnr: Ah, the bestiary! (This one doesn't include caste listings)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
The listing has also been renamed to reflect the new name.

Demonic Spoon: It's probably not the cleverest of ideas, but it's a simple way of killing off WBB creations.

$$$Response
hector13:
Eidetic memory: At the moment, memories are generally handled in a never-forget-anything way. Maybe just use Perceptive?

Stirk:
Inventing: It depends on function and godly investment required, but I try to keep it in 0-4E
Extremophobe+1(/Extremophile-1?) <0.7>: Reduces capacity for long-term survival in extreme conditions
Extremophobe+2(/Extremophile-2?) <0.5>: Reduces capacity for long-term survival in mildly extreme conditions
Disease Resistance-1 <0.77>: Increases chance of catching disease slightly
Disease Resistance-2 <0.6>: Increases chance of catching disease decently

Andres and TheBiggerFish:
Magical ability (non-exotic): Treat as sister trait to Access(/Affinity)? (choose either access or ability in a non-exotic for free and then start paying for more?)
or maybe Magical ability+1 <free or x1.3>: Improves ability to use magic in general without providing automatic access?

Andres:
Recoil+50 <50>: Reflects half of atacks back? It's definitely more useful for personal protective equipment rather than artifact safekeeping (given they're mostly indestructible to non-creators)
Enhancement via Good: Seems a bit vague on range, effect strength, and maybe even goodness itself,
Heal+1 <x1.4>: Heal minor mundane diseases monthly
Heal+2 <x2.0>: Heal weak mundane diseases monthly and minor mundane diseases daily
Heal+3 <x2.8>: Heal strong mundane diseases monthly and weak mundane diseases daily
Heal+4 <x4.0>: Heal strong mundane diseases monthly and weak mundane diseases daily

Rolepgeek:
Thunder Guns: 2-3E

EDIT:Fake edit?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:05:08 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 06, 2015, 02:25:07 pm »

Heal +3 And Heal +4 are identical?

Am unsure what magical ability trait does? Are we going to have to be adding this to our races now if we actually want them to be capable of using their affinities?  ??? That'd be annoying to say the least. Even just specifying the free ability trait is annoying additional work. Having it all in one trait with affinity is better, even if affinity ends up with a higher price modifier to compensate.

EDIT: Would heal work on the souleating diseases? Either way:

$$$PRICECHECK
Trait that specializes in healing souleating/souldestroying diseases and only those types of diseases, no other wounds or illnesses can be healed by this trait
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 02:37:06 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 06, 2015, 02:41:16 pm »

Would Science and Engineering be acceptable schools of magic?
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: September 06, 2015, 02:42:25 pm »

That depends entirely on the specifics, if you mean literally Science and Engineering, then probably not no.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 02:50:19 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: September 06, 2015, 02:47:55 pm »

Probably not :p. You can align a race to be good with Science and Engineering, if you wanted to, either as a Focus or a new trait you would have to make.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: September 06, 2015, 03:18:12 pm »

You could make Runesmithing/Enchantment and Alchemy if you wanted. Those are probably some of the more 'sciencey' magic schools already made, and the custom-made ones tend to be more magical than not. Although Runesmithing would probably be fairly similar to Glyph Lines(I'm not doing the l33t 5p34k), though not so much a programming language as a method of doing magic precisely, when you wanted to. Might work well with Glyph Lines, though, and would almost certainly work well with Technomancy or just technology in general.

@KJP: 2-3E per gun, or for the ability to make them?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: September 06, 2015, 03:38:46 pm »

Sorry KJP, I will be nice.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: September 06, 2015, 03:44:34 pm »

Dammit. I have reached the maximum amount of messages per hour. People who were expecting a response from me will have to wait for a bit.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 241