Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232469 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #2385 on: September 16, 2015, 11:44:33 am »

That's...awfully specific. Also, this is the OOC thread.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: September 16, 2015, 11:45:13 am »

Schools of magic go here. I'm pretty sure.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #2387 on: September 16, 2015, 11:53:29 am »

Spoiler: Asteroi (click to show/hide)
Noticed some people could not find the description for the Asteroi.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:03:53 pm by Ama »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: September 16, 2015, 11:58:20 am »

Schools of magic go here. I'm pretty sure.
They can go in either thread.

Thanks

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
I hope this means you have to pay the 10% increased cost for secrecy.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:05:03 pm by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: September 16, 2015, 12:17:09 pm »

So how come Zenurion hasn't created a guy called Dr. Evil with Intelligence+5 and Evil?
Because he is Dr. Evil.
He seems more like a demon guy to me.

That's because I've been focusing almost exclusively on the evil aspect so far. Don't worry, I have plenty of mad scientists related plans for as soon as I'm done with hell and other stuff going on at the same time.

Speaking of which, I have more flux and essence than I thought (most likely due to the fact that I haven't really been keeping track of my resources and what I do with them much instead of it being a mistake from KJP), so I'll probably finally make an ecosystem for hell this tick.

Thanks! Added to the bestiary.

Also speaking of which, If everyone decide to populate the worlds with monsters I think I'll devote my reserved post to them. So anyone up for doing that zoo thing mentioned earlier? I'd make the proposal myself but I doubt anyone would want to support it if it came from Zenurion.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: September 16, 2015, 01:12:38 pm »

Quote from: Stirk
((Due to how magic works in this system, you probably can't use magic without a soul.))
I didn't notice anything to that effect in what I've noticed in KJP's various posts concerning the magic system. Can you give a reasoning and/or citation please?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:21:28 pm by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: September 16, 2015, 01:28:18 pm »

? ? ? Question time!

Can the aligned trait be used to align something to an angel or a being with the divine trait or does it only work with gods, also would the effects be diminished if the alignment is towards a non-god?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: September 16, 2015, 01:37:05 pm »

$$$
100,000,000 Cyan gems the size of the palm of a Humans hand that when held grant a aura of fire resistance

Griffins to act as pets to followers of Itia. They are fire resistant, large enough to carry a full grown Human, and as loyal as dogs.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:42:47 pm by Ama »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: September 16, 2015, 01:39:17 pm »

Quote from: Stirk
((Due to how magic works in this system, you probably can't use magic without a soul.))
I didn't notice anything to that effect in what I've noticed in KJP's various posts concerning the magic system. Can you give a reasoning and/or citation please?

Sure. I knew how magic worked in the last game, and it was all soul based. Here, it is less important, but still necessary. That is why we have souls 'Burning out' when they attempt magic too powerful for them. The main problem with your searches are that they where probably on this thread, when the Magic System of the game was birthed in YG1's OOC.

I'll get to the OOC stuff (honest!), but for now, here's a little ramble on the possible starting magic system (which reveals just under half of it):

The tentative starting magic system, for those interested, is as follows:

Alchemy: Alchemy as it would have been had chemistry been a mundane misinterpretation of things (elixirs, philosopher's stones, turning gold into less gold, explosions)
Antimancy (exotic): Magic that is against magic and excludes all other paths, deals with the paradoxical as well
Biomancy: Modifying life itself for great good or for great ill(ness)
Celestial: Stars, planets, luck, werewolf cures, and little things like that probably
Dimensional: Playing with space because what could possibly g
Ecomancy: Manipulating nature, terraforming
Enchanting: Imbuing stuff with magic
Geomancy: Probably offensive use of rocks and some measure of ambient magic stuff
Illusion: Changing others' perceptions of things
Lawmancy: Making a silly person running an overly ambitious game paranoid, creating bound contracts
Metamagic (exotic): Manipulating magic itself, understanding its foundations
Musical: Various speech/communication-related abilities (compelling speeches, hideous laughter, useful evil laughter, &c.)
Necromancy: Raising the dead
Plasmurgy (exotic): Meddling with godly creation abilities (forbidden to mortals to study? You decide!)
Pyromancy: Fire and lightning production
Somamancy: Bodily enhancements
Storymancy: Tinkering with the plot with the hope of shifting it favorably
Telekinetics: Moving things with minds and its implications
Telepathy: Messing with minds directly (but still does not affect belief)
Tempomancy: Time stuff, tick stuff, advancement, and more
Thaumaturgy: Miracle working, mostly aligned with gods and approximating other paths through gods' spheres and affinities

Incorporating magic: Save exotic magic paths, there is no cost for up to two affinities on creations.
Affinities: Provide access to a path at a novice level for the recipient
Source of magic: Varies by path, but typically from ambient magic or artifacts (souls only conducts the magic, burnouts are analogous to electrical fuses breaking in high current)
Uses of magic: Unlike in YG0, magic cannot be used to escape having to pay Essence (or whatever replaces it). Here, magic is largely (but not completely) relegated to use by mortals attempting to copy a tiny fraction of what gods can do. However, minor actions now start at a base cost of 0 for the fairly uninfluential things (e.g. miraculous food for some random starving petitioner's family, knocking a random expensive vase over, teleporting a peasant child to a local ball by veggie carriage, &c.).
Skill in magic: At the very least, there should be novice, intermediate, advanced, and master mages, and skill will restrict access to more powerful stuff. A novice geomancer should not, for example, be able to induce massive earthquakes randomly.

For one example.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: September 16, 2015, 01:39:25 pm »

Quote from: Quote

THE OVER BRAIN has created 50 Cebrains and spread them around cities but is opposed by Mörkö and with 3F (2E+3F minimum to force creation). (Mörkö: -3F) Tenat warns the Crystallum for the presence of Cebrains, and Quelor and Sylvan warn their kind similarly. THE OVER BRAIN has created 700 Bastaeges, assigning 14 to each non-existent Cebrain. (THE OVER BRAIN: -2E)

What? I made several Cebrains... when did it turn into 50?
???
And yes this is a question.
:(
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: September 16, 2015, 01:44:27 pm »

THE OVER BRAIN has created 50 Cebrains and spread them around cities but is opposed by Mörkö and with 3F (2E+3F minimum to force creation). (Mörkö: -3F) Tenat warns the Crystallum for the presence of Cebrains, and Quelor and Sylvan warn their kind similarly. THE OVER BRAIN has created 700 Bastaeges, assigning 14 to each non-existent Cebrain. (THE OVER BRAIN: -2E)

???
Several is nonspecific. You have to create a specific number of Cebrains, so KJP pegged at it at 50, which is a reasonable number for several. You don't really have a right to complain when you were the one that didn't specify.

You can choose to create less, which KJP would probably be fine with, since they apparently haven't been created yet (you have to decide whether you're going to try and force through the opposition or not)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: September 16, 2015, 01:49:34 pm »

???
Several is nonspecific. You have to create a specific number of Cebrains, so KJP pegged at it at 50, which is a reasonable number for several. You don't really have a right to complain when you were the one that didn't specify.

You can choose to create less, which KJP would probably be fine with, since they apparently haven't been created yet (you have to decide whether you're going to try and force through the opposition or not)
I was thinking along the lines of Several creatures = 7 = creatures
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: September 16, 2015, 01:50:14 pm »

???

...Then why not just say Seven?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: September 16, 2015, 01:52:45 pm »

???

Because: I create seven [creatures]
dosnt have the same ring as: I create Several [creatures]
Besides Seven or Several creatures CANT equal fifty thats a difference of forty three
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:55:51 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: September 16, 2015, 01:56:41 pm »

Source of magic: Varies by path, but typically from ambient magic or artifacts (souls only conducts the magic, burnouts are analogous to electrical fuses breaking in high current)

For one example.
Thanks! That doesn't seem definitive though, since soulless creatures could still have a magic conducting analogue (perhaps burnouts cause their brains to explode?). Nothing from the description of the soulless trait indicates that it restricts magic use so I'd like to wait for a ruling from KJP before changing up the build.

If what you say is corroborated, I'll probably end up dropping the affinities from the build, which will means more Prophets all round, and without Dryadism locking them to their trees they're going to be all over the place, so I won't be too upset by it.

???

Because: I create seven [creatures]
dosnt have the same ring as: I create Several [creatures]
Besides Seven or Several creatures CANT equal fifty thats a difference of forty three
Then have fluff where you say "i create several creatures" and in the crunch part where you list the traits etc you say "7 cebrains". KJP is not a mindreader, he couldn't have known you meant seven. Several can be any number greater than two, so "several" very well can be equal to fifty, depending on context where 50 is less than the "many" of a hundred thousand some of the other races are at.

Of course seven is not equal to fifty, but you did not specify seven.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:00:46 pm by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 241