Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231590 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #2460 on: September 16, 2015, 07:51:12 pm »

Question: can I give a race Magic Resistance -4, and then create an artifact or something in order to increase their Magic Resistance?

Do artifacts with Magic Resistance stack? (2 +4 artifacts give +8 magic resistance?)

Edit:

$$$

Price check on [Weakness to <insert element here>]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:21:05 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: September 16, 2015, 09:43:39 pm »

Not having to work doesn't necessarily make you happy. Nor does just having lots of stuff and partying all the time. Very basic view of happiness, that.

Speaking of which, KJP, how much to set up a system/item/race that obliterates the Snow and renders it into a poison that only affects criminals?

Oh, and Frostbyte, if you could announce you're joining The Sworn, or just say you aren't, please...I have a feeling we'll be rather busy soon, and I'd like to know if I have your support or if you'll keep teasing me :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: September 16, 2015, 09:48:30 pm »

Not having to work doesn't necessarily make you happy. Nor does just having lots of stuff and partying all the time. Very basic view of happiness, that.

Speaking of which, KJP, how much to set up a system/item/race that obliterates the Snow and renders it into a poison that only affects criminals?

Oh, and Frostbyte, if you could announce you're joining The Sworn, or just say you aren't, please...I have a feeling we'll be rather busy soon, and I'd like to know if I have your support or if you'll keep teasing me :P

That kinda sums up a bunch of Andre's, doesn't it? "Very basic"  :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: September 16, 2015, 09:51:17 pm »

Actually, -I- think it's a disaster waiting to happen. Either they'll collapse at the first sign of trouble or they'll get into some nasty shit if their lifestyle is properly threatened. Eid doesn't think so, or at least it won't be so bad that Lolohe couldn't fix it.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: September 16, 2015, 09:58:33 pm »

Actually, -I- think it's a disaster waiting to happen. Either they'll collapse at the first sign of trouble or they'll get into some nasty shit if their lifestyle is properly threatened. Eid doesn't think so, or at least it won't be so bad that Lolohe couldn't fix it.

Do you still trust your Angels? They seem to have a bad habit of ending up in shallow graves while an actor/shapeshifter takes their place  :P. ...Come to think of it, you have had the exact same strategy in all your games, haven't you....

1. Make humans (borin')
2. Make an Angel to rule over them (double borin')
3. Try to murder someone (Interesting)
4. Get trashed/imprisoned/eventually killed (Inevitable)

....One day, maybe you will break the cycle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: September 16, 2015, 10:09:30 pm »

Exactly why Teburshe was trying to wean his creations off of him a bit more.

What's my strategy tend towards, Stirk? :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: September 16, 2015, 10:16:17 pm »

Exactly why Teburshe was trying to wean his creations off of him a bit more.

What's my strategy tend towards, Stirk? :P

A bit more varied. Generally, the common themes are you picking up numerous not-particularly active or powerful allies, creating relatively grouped up/ crowded races who you proceed to baby (with the stated intent of removing yourself from their lives in increments), and generally defensive mindset (Choosing armor over weapons, or Ichor over Flux).

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: September 16, 2015, 10:23:25 pm »

Eh, yeah, that seems to fit. I turtle a lot, I notice. I prefer to build up as massive a powerbase as I can before steamrolling. Unfortunately(for me), that's not actually how things work...

Ah well, this game should still be fairly interesting. Heheheh...

I would try to think of how you go, but you've only been in two games thus far, what with running Litany.
I notice you usually seem to like having agents and extremely creative/interesting races (I think the Saplings and perhaps the Nephilim which I never quite made were kinda the peak of my creativity in that regard), and secrecy with a tendency towards screwing with things.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: September 16, 2015, 10:27:18 pm »

I do find it interesting how different characters (and players) behave and interact with their followers.

I really did enjoy some of Grauel's interactions with his followers last game.

I think my favorite was when one of them asked to stay at home instead of going to war and Grauel turned him into a house. Turning that hummingbird into a giant pterodactyl like monster was kind of funny too.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: September 16, 2015, 10:32:10 pm »

Do you still trust your Angels? They seem to have a bad habit of ending up in shallow graves while an actor/shapeshifter takes their place  :P. ...Come to think of it, you have had the exact same strategy in all your games, haven't you....

1. Make humans (borin')
2. Make an Angel to rule over them (double borin')
3. Try to murder someone (Interesting)
4. Get trashed/imprisoned/eventually killed (Inevitable)

....One day, maybe you will break the cycle.
I didn't make Humans as Malakath and I made no angel to rule over them as both Malakath and Iliseth. I got my clergy to rule them instead. In any case, making an angel to rule them seems to have been the smart move, all things considering. Besides, why wouldn't the god of Angels create an angel to rule his race?

Malakath was peaceful and Iliseth almost tried murdering someone, which she wasn't punished for. In the end, the pattern you thought up only applies to Yaos and Eid. There are some pretty important differences between all the gods but I kept them in the background and will continue to do so until Tick 50 of this game.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: September 16, 2015, 10:39:50 pm »

Eh, yeah, that seems to fit. I turtle a lot, I notice. I prefer to build up as massive a powerbase as I can before steamrolling. Unfortunately(for me), that's not actually how things work...

Ah well, this game should still be fairly interesting. Heheheh...

I would try to think of how you go, but you've only been in two games thus far, what with running Litany.
I notice you usually seem to like having agents and extremely creative/interesting races (I think the Saplings and perhaps the Nephilim which I never quite made were kinda the peak of my creativity in that regard), and secrecy with a tendency towards screwing with things.

Eh, I changed strategies between the games. It was only several unexpected flooks that made them similar  :-\. Don Giovanni's character design was focused on making Agents, something I found fun in YG1, even if Tykki was the one who got all the attention and power. Making interesting races is, what I feel, the point of a God game. The actual strategies with the races are much different. And I have totally done nothing in secret yet!...Yep, nothing at all.

I didn't make Humans as Malakath and I made no angel to rule over them as both Malakath and Iliseth. I got my clergy to rule them instead. In any case, making an angel to rule them seems to have been the smart move, all things considering. Besides, why wouldn't the god of Angels create an angel to rule his race?

You didn't make humans as Malakath, because you had already made them as Yaos  ::). And you proceeded to take over the humans anyway. Why is having an Angel rule over them a smart move? Last game, it allowed me to take over the entire Kingdom fairly easily (I really did kill and replace the Emperor before you even assaulted me. That is why the Emperor didn't participate in the fight, just a hologram. Tykki even participated in some of the tests you did before hand, which is why your wimpy emperor was able to beat multiple angels at once. And she was holding back  :P)). I don't see any advantage so far in having your Angel Ruler as opposed to anyone else's nation yet...

By that logic, why wouldn't the God of Blood make a drop of blood to rule the race?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: September 16, 2015, 10:46:29 pm »

I don't see any advantage so far in having your Angel Ruler as opposed to anyone else's nation yet...
One of the Ticks literally said he was ruling too well. I'd say that's a pretty significant advantage.

By that logic, why wouldn't the God of Blood make a drop of blood to rule the race?
Drops of blood are inherently shitty rulers. Always staining clothes and shit. Gets the royal regalia all messy. Can't respect someone who isn't well-dressed.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 10:48:17 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2472 on: September 16, 2015, 10:46:47 pm »

crazyabe:
Trait: That sounds a lot like incomplete godslaying to me
50 Cebrains instead of 7: I didn't know how many "several" was intended to be, but 50 now was 5 pre-population-inflation (which is drifting away from being purely cosmetic with time). Would you like to specify what you'd like to change the numbers to?
Puppeteer controlling minds: It still doesn't induce any worship
As a minor tip that I occasionally offer to players I think to be unaware of how heavy opposition to their actions is, I suggest that you make your actions/creations a bit less controversial unless you 1.) think your character (not you as a player) would do the actions anyway and 2.) are fine with the potentially severe reactions/revenges, one of which is character death. I should remind you there is at least one publicly known/revealed godslaying weapon lying around even if it's slated for destruction. (I won't stop you or anything, though)

Andres:
Puppeteers: Insignificance is key to Puppeteer working
Turn Thannels into Humans through Heal: None of them, presumably
Lock up free afterlives: No, else they wouldn't be free
Constellations: They push stuff with somewhere in the Low 0-1F range
Angel: Fixing now, it's still 0.5E/angel

tntey and Demonic Spoon: Added Notemancy, stacks School of Thought and Opsismancy

Demonic Spoon: Added link to magic compendium
Telfaam: A randomly generated name for the Dryad
Innuendo: My text came out... wrong. I'd say it was supposed to refer to the leaf litter being the perfect fuel for fiery forests, but that still doesn't help much with the previous interpretation
Serve Tenat instead of Sylvan: It's fixed now, but I'm not quite sure why it picked Tenat rather than Anonycow when unspecified :-\
laughter->slaughter: A definite symptom of too much YG on the brain. I wonder if I should correct the text :P

Happy Demon:
Further Black complex designs: Nice detail
Si's Essence counts and not being able to complete a 6E action: Incomes and expenditures are calculated after actions have been processed. Retrying after the update or queuing for after(~during) the update are possible ways to make use of the next Tick's energy sums

FArgHalfnr:
Gospels: It's up to you, but they don't exist outside of collectible woodcuts
Aligned to non-gods: At the moment, it only aligns to the creator(s) of the creation

tntey:
Making monsters: If you want tons of randomly generated ones, look no further!
Recordmancy: That doesn't really sound like magic...
YGgdrashell: A collection of scripts for calculating incomes and population growth and printing out information nicely.

IcyTea31: Pantheons share only worship, so influence remains an individual thing

Ama: Asteroi description updated

Demonic Spoon and Stirk: Magic and souls: Since backlash can transfer to bodily effects, I imagine entirely soulless things can still use magic (artifacts/items at the can, at the very least). The effects' mechanisms just get changed around a little to suit the form of the thing and its ability to handle the effects (e.g. rather than soul burnout, something similar to time travel's Paradox happens to outright erase the thing using magic along with stuff near it)

As a note, the potential for magical (nonsapient) computers that automate magic does imply that souls aren't the only way to magic.

hector13:
MR-4 + having an artifact that provides magic resistance: Yes
Artifacts with magic resistance stack where it would make sense for them to stack. In general, stacking artifacts will be inferior to more powerful artifacts in combat mode and similar things because of how cost directly affects power

$$$Response
Lord_lemonpie:
Making a civilization decay: Any further details on methods?
Goberins: [Safety in Numbers <1.9>] [Focus-Explore-Mischief] [Nomadic] [Fruitful+5 <2>] [Size+1? or Size0?] = Avg. 3.8E/10000

Demonic Spoon: Weapontrees: 4E to create/invent/prototype and distribute as usual
Keep in mind that Weaponspace grants weapons only for personal use to prevent people flooding the lands or markets with terrible or terribly effective weapons cheaply.
Adding Safety In Numbers+1 to Faceless Treants: max(1, (1.9 - 1) * [Faceless Treant <0.79>] [Race (29409) <2.9409>]) = Avg. 2.1E

crazyabe:
Bastaegis: Price looks about right
Eats Magic <1.3>: Derives some benefit from eating magic
Telepathic: Probably just [Affinity+x (School of Mental Manipulation)]
No Shadow: Mostly flavor
No Reflection: Mostly flavor
No Mind: Depends on usage
Quick Evolution+x: Probably flavor for Extremophle+x

Happy Demon:
Heart of Physicality: 4E
Vuvuzelas: 0E unopposed, not sure if opposition is really plausible (Aerophones are fairly simple to construct and reasonably widespread)

Ama:
Soleame: [Fireproof <1.2>] [The Power of Trust <1.3>] [Existing soul <0.6>] [Bodyguard+2 <2.6>] [Regenerative+1 <1.4>] = Avg. 3.4E/10000

Andres:
Plane that is also an angel: Yes. I suspect 5E (Angel 0.5 [Plane <10>])would suffice for the less active/independent ones (but do try to keep the angel safe from attacks; dead planes would probably be too FUN for their inhabitants) and 10.5E (Angel 0.5E + Plane 10E) for the ones merely tied to planes.
Lethal to Behold+1 <x2.6>: Usually kills insignificants that look upon the creation's true form (probably radius 50m) (Covers Medusa/basilisk/cockatrice-style petrification most likely)
Lethal to Hear+1 <x2>: Usually kills insignificants that hear the creation's true voice (probably radius 50m)

Dutrius:
Displacement+1 <x1.3>: Displaces creation's image for a nearest-to-nearest separation of between 0 and 2 meters
Phasing <x1.1>: Allows phasing through materials but requires high concentration to remain incorporeal
Small Null Zone: Probably 1E/F? A lot depends on how small

IcyTea31:
Point of View Gun: Inventing will probably be 3E
With alignment discount: ~2.6E or so
Without the drawback of not affecting women: 3E, probably

Ama:
100 000 000 Cyan gems providing fire resistance: 4E, most likely
Griffins: 0E

DreamerGhost:
Keeps Growing <1.7>: Creation grows as long as it lives with no upper limit and avoids the typical square-cube effects

hector13:
Weakness to <insert element here> <0.4-0.8>: Varies by rarity of weakness

Rolepgeek:
Remove all Snow: 4E

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: September 16, 2015, 10:48:28 pm »

KJP, I think [Soul-Killing] or whatever the trait is called is too cheap, assuming Stirk was correct in saying it's multiplier is 1.3. For something that can beat Resurrective Immortality (which is x5), it should be more expensive.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: September 16, 2015, 10:55:31 pm »

KJP, I think [Soul-Killing] or whatever the trait is called is too cheap, assuming Stirk was correct in saying it's multiplier is 1.3. For something that can beat Resurrective Immortality (which is x5), it should be more expensive.

Its Eats Souls <x2>, not 1.3. I think I misremembered that twice  :-\. I guess I got it confused with Eats Blood.

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 241