Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231616 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #3285 on: September 27, 2015, 11:22:06 pm »

Just out of curiosity, would everyone (mostly KJP) actually be willing to remove the necessity for a Godslaying weapon to actually kill a god?

I mean at this point there's no real worry of character loss, so no real deterrent to being a completely evil bastard.

I sent you a PM containing the missing secret actions. Also I have a question about the numbers you put before actions, I suppose it's a dice roll but I'd like to know what kind of dice that would be, only to be able to tell whenever the things I did went well or not. :P

I remember 3d6 being mentioned... so 3 is crap, whereas 18 is spectacular.

Otherwise I'm talking nonsense, in which case feel free to ignore that.

No, its the other way around hector  :P. 3 is crit, 18 is crit fail. Lower is better.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: September 27, 2015, 11:23:14 pm »

Well it would be one extreme or the other :P

Also ignore my question about Godslaying, just noticed the poll in the IC thread :-[
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: September 27, 2015, 11:25:12 pm »

Expy probably applies...
There's no expy penalty for generic dwarves and elves despite the fact that "generic dwarves and elves" come from Tolkien. Before, dwarves were like the ones in Snow White and elves belonged to Santa. Just something to think about. If you really want to apply the expy rule to the One Ring, I won't contest it.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: September 27, 2015, 11:27:04 pm »

Expy probably applies...
There's no expy penalty for generic dwarves and elves despite the fact that "generic dwarves and elves" come from Tolkien. Before, dwarves were like the ones in Snow White and elves belonged to Santa. Just something to think about. If you really want to apply the expy rule to the One Ring, I won't contest it.

Andres, look up "Norse Mythology". That is where Elves and Dwarves come from  ::). The One Ring is an expy and you know it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: September 27, 2015, 11:27:14 pm »

You missed my pricecheck.
$$$Pricecheck
Zenurion's dragon design, quoted below for convenience.
Spoiler: Said design (click to show/hide)
((no traits here because half of those it would have probably don't exist yet.))
[Affinity (Random non-exotic school)]

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: September 27, 2015, 11:29:04 pm »

Expy probably applies...

Would also have to add that, while it may have first appeared in popular media via Tolkien, the high fantasy genre tends to revolve around various types of Dwarves and Elves, while the One Ring only appears in Tolkien.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: September 27, 2015, 11:31:11 pm »

Expy probably applies...

Andres, look up "Norse Mythology". That is where Elves and Dwarves come from  ::). The One Ring is an expy and you know it.
Yeah, and those elves and dwarves mirrored the examples I mentioned a fair bit more than Tolkien's.

Expy probably applies...

Would also have to add that, while it may have first appeared in popular media via Tolkien, the high fantasy genre tends to revolve around various types of Dwarves and Elves, while the One Ring only appears in Tolkien.
I guess you have a point.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: September 27, 2015, 11:33:28 pm »

Before I vote on that godslaying poll, I'm a bit curious about something.

In the OOC, it says that burning off E and F caps to increase Ichor makes one more incorporated into the world. What exactly does being more incorporated into the world mean in game terms? Also is it possible to burn off caps to increase Ichor cap without "incorporating" oneself into the world?

Because making gods more easy to kill wouldn't completely sit right with me if there wasn't a readily accessible way to increase Ichor cap without too many weird downsides. Otherwise everyone might be a tad too easy to kill. We technically have a less health than in YG1 and it seems significantly more difficult to get more health. Although, I think these are issues that we'd run into eventually regardless when everyone starts getting more Essence while everyone's health potentially stays more or less static.

Edit:

Oh I'm also curious about this,
"(This list assumes all caps are at 10)"
How would that list vary if the caps were different?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:35:32 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: September 27, 2015, 11:33:45 pm »

So I have a question...

Don Giovanni has had his Essence cap raised by five since the start of the game. I've had mine raised by three. Is that a result of mine filling up more quickly, despite the cap being smaller, and so the bonus to Essence cap increase generated by having a lot of capacity left empty is a lot lower for me?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: September 27, 2015, 11:41:57 pm »

Talios will probably incorporate into the world(s) at some point. I'm not sure what as...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: September 27, 2015, 11:48:27 pm »

All this insanity is starting to get really bloody old.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: September 27, 2015, 11:49:00 pm »

A giant cemetary?

Or barracks?

Or Catacombs beneath the City or beneath The Mountains?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3297 on: September 27, 2015, 11:50:21 pm »

FArgHalfnr:
PM: OK, then
Numbers: For most Flux actions, I use 3d6 (which mostly doesn't matter when it's not 3 or 18, in which case it crits and does something interesting). For minor 0-cost actions, I just use 1d6 without any modifiers (and crit on 1 or 6). For major 0-cost actions, I use exploding 1d6s also with crits (even on the exploded rolls, so 6+1 can be much worse than 5).

An easy way to remember which numbers are good on 3d6 is is to borrow the In Nomine deal with 111 (3) as representative of the Holy Trinity and 666 (18) as the Number of the Beast.

Andres:
Expy: I can't just pick favorites, else it would start getting closer to Ye LEGOs: A building game at 0.00001FPS made up of 80% time travel and 10% deicides (also there are floating colonies in a Venus-like atmosphere and 20 different minigames every Tick). To be fair, the One Ring itself already has (at least superficial) similarities to the Ring of Gyges and Alberich's ring.

gman8181:
Incorporated into the world: More solid, less volatile, less mutable, less independent, more stable, more lasting. While you can just burn off caps without becoming incorporated, this tends to reduce the large defensive modifier applied to incorporated deities.
List assumes caps are at 10: It's based mostly on percentage of caps burned rather than absolute number of caps burned for most right now

Rolepgeek:
Cap increasing more slowly than the Don's: Probably. Cap growth probability is determined by overfilling or emptying (i.e. distance of current amount from cap in either direction) and cap size (smaller is better). It's generally easier to grow on empty caps than on full caps, I think.

$$$Response
FArgHalfnr: [Am Legion+1 <1.1>] [Protection+3? <1.3>] [Affinity+4? (Plasmamancy) <5.8>] [Regenerative+3 <2.8>] [Soulless <0.5>] [Evil] [Focus-Conquer-Eat] [Focus-Conquer-Destroy] = Avg. 11.6E/10000
ShadowDragon: [Am Legion+1 <1.1>] [Protection+3? <1.3>] [Affinity (Non-exotic)] [Affinity+4? (Plasmamancy) <5.8>] [Regenerative+3 <2.8>] [Soulless <0.5>] [Evil] [Focus-Conquer-Eat] [Focus-Conquer-Destroy] = Avg. 11.6E/10000

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: September 28, 2015, 12:02:19 am »

Would Zenurion then get a positive crit on 666 then?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: September 28, 2015, 12:04:13 am »

Would bringing a god down to 1I knock them out like in previous YG? Not much point in actually atacking if the only consequence is decreased Ichor.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 241