Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231603 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #3360 on: September 28, 2015, 08:13:20 pm »

Concerning the IC poll, I suggest an alternative. What if instead of not making Godslayer needed to kill a god, we keep it needed but remove its 3-god requirement? This way, it's still more difficult to kill a god than in YG1 but it's easier than doing it now. It also allows individualist Death gods to properly play their characters.

But then whomever is targeted by someone with a godslayer would have less defense against it unless they had a god slayer themselves because they wouldn't be able to land a decisive blow. Kind of like the situation now, they'd be forced to rely on others for help or they would have to have significantly more power than the attackers and be able to lock them away.

Anyway, having godslayers be necessary to kill others does probably help prevent more god deaths for now but that's likely to only last until everyone has more essence. Up until that point, there will probably be less attacks but the attackers are a lot more likely to have a significant advantage in that only they can deal a decisive blow unless the enemy also has a godslayer. Later on, the only thing that this will effect is that everyone will pretty much be obligated to invest in a godslayer if for defense if nothing else. At that point, killing gods will actually be easier than in YG1 because it's harder to increase "health" and to create soul jars.

I mean, I'm sure the creative and cautious will more or less be okay like last game but the unprepared are a lot more likely to be sitting ducks.

Edit: Spelling

Also down with mandatory group projects in general! I'd rather just have prohibitively high costs for things that are intended to be for large groups to do together. I like the idea that anyone can do anything given enough time, planning and effort. Most of us would work in groups for the obvious benefits anyway but still...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:21:19 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: September 28, 2015, 08:51:29 pm »

At that point, killing gods will actually be easier than in YG1 because it's harder to increase "health" and to create soul jars.
Well this is gonna suck. The most annoying part of YG1 is gonna happen more often now than before.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: September 28, 2015, 08:59:05 pm »

I'm considering integrating into the world. I'm just not sure what I should become.
A Clock work Planet, with a Nuclear core?

I am planing to create a Half living planet with a badass lazer core
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:03:55 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: September 28, 2015, 09:00:00 pm »

At that point, killing gods will actually be easier than in YG1 because it's harder to increase "health" and to create soul jars.
Well this is gonna suck. The most annoying part of YG1 is gonna happen more often now than before.

You know, if you quit making powerful gods angry, you would find yourself imprisoned and killed less often.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: September 28, 2015, 09:10:06 pm »

Actually, I wanted to ask about this rule. Why would having low Essence result in a larger cap? This makes no sense to me. Someone with low amounts of Essence wouldn't need an increased cap because what they have isn't even enough to fill their current one. Someone with lots of Essence on the other hand would have more need of a bigger cap so they can have more Essence.

It lets them give E-cap to other-things, for one. It also lets them convert it into I cap if they need it. Really, "maximum amount you can store" is basically the only cap function that it doesn't effect.

It also encourages activity. I found myself not really doing anything in YG1 because everybody had so much more Essence than I did that I didn't feel particularly safe with a low cap, and the only way that it would rise would be if I left it full for an extended period.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: September 28, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »

You know, if you quit making powerful gods angry, you would find yourself imprisoned and killed less often.
You know, I could probably say the same, except replace 'powerful' with 'most every'.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: September 28, 2015, 09:12:36 pm »

You know, I could probably say the same, except replace 'powerful' with 'most every'.

The difference is that I have fun doing it~. Andres is complaining about it. And I don't make stupid mistakes that get me killed all the time. Yaos would still be alive if she just stayed inside her plane  ::).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: September 28, 2015, 09:18:08 pm »

That's true.

Also, I always find it hilarious when gods are like 'You want to do what to a few dozen of my tens of thousands of followers? Give them a survey?! HOW DARE YOU"

Maybe I'm biased by my hundreds of thousands of followers, though. I probably wouldn't want my Zhangzhi being messed with, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: September 28, 2015, 09:22:23 pm »

It's not like I'm doing anything other than watching them, either. Just going, "Hey. Do this." Add watching how they do it.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: September 28, 2015, 09:26:57 pm »

Yeah, I was really surprised by how many gods were against me using soul sense on them and their races.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: September 28, 2015, 09:34:10 pm »

The difference was, you didn't ask permission, and you were doing it for more or less a pointless reason, without the permission of the individuals in question either. Intrusion of privacy, and you basically tried to look at the entirety of the races. Quite different, actually.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: September 28, 2015, 09:37:47 pm »

It also encourages activity. I found myself not really doing anything in YG1 because everybody had so much more Essence than I did that I didn't feel particularly safe with a low cap, and the only way that it would rise would be if I left it full for an extended period.

True, but in YG1, I think it was still a better philosophy to spend as much Essence as possible as often as possible. Well to be more specific, it was beneficial to do so if it involved actions that made you stronger.

Both games rewarded players who spent Essence in ways that empowered them. For example, in YG1, a player who spent lots Essence on their followers could expect significantly higher Essence income and then later on, higher caps. You might not immediately have as much capacity as someone who never did anything but, in effect, you would have more Essence to potentially spend from income and later on your caps would likely catch up to or exceed those who didn't spend anything.

I'd think of it like a person who only saves and a person who invests a lot and saves some. The first person might have more at first but the second potentially gets to spend more overall and if done right could probably surpass the first in time.

YG2 basically kept that system to a degree except it weakened the potential growth of the "saver" even more while further boosting the potential of the "investor". It's like a slightly more slanted version of the first system that's probably designed to push people to invest more while simultaneously being more forgiving of bad investments. By that, I mean capacity growth is more directly correlated to how much you spend regardless of how effectively you spend it. Oh and it's also kinder to newer characters in that they can grow faster than the older characters to catch up a bit.

That's true.

Also, I always find it hilarious when gods are like 'You want to do what to a few dozen of my tens of thousands of followers? Give them a survey?! HOW DARE YOU"

Maybe I'm biased by my hundreds of thousands of followers, though. I probably wouldn't want my Zhangzhi being messed with, after all.
It's not like I'm doing anything other than watching them, either. Just going, "Hey. Do this." Add watching how they do it.

It's likely related to paranoia. You don't know if that person doing the survey is potentially someone who might use the information against you later. It's like in a cold war scenario, if the other party was like, "Hey can we borrow some of your citizens for a quick survey? It's just for research purposes."

The paranoia is likely doubled for any secret creations. After all, they were created secretly for a reason.

Not particularly saying it's a right or wrong way of thinking. That's just my speculation as to the why.

I think I drone on a little too much sometimes. :-\
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: September 28, 2015, 10:55:04 pm »

Vir currently Is a choatic good or a neutral good...she is very easily. Manipulated in morality i think the maximum someone could pull her down to  is a chaotic neutral without severe severe mental trauma a lot worse then the stuff shes already been subjected to
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: September 28, 2015, 10:59:49 pm »

Jixiu is Chaotic Good at worst, Nuetral Good at best. He just wants his followers to grow and become more powerful. He will defend his 'children' with his life. If he has to rig the worlds to blow if he dies in my rider to do so, he will.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: September 28, 2015, 11:07:06 pm »

Veles is Chaotic Neutral.

I seem to have a habit of playing Chaotic Neutral gods, as a few other ideas came into my head are pretty much the same, as was Fortuna in YG1.

Should make a challenge for myself and play a Good character at some point, assuming Veles doesn't survive :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 241