Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 284322 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 4.0: Conflicts and Conflations [23/137]
« Reply #915 on: August 24, 2015, 10:48:31 pm »

Suddenly, Zenurion's latest obelisk explodes.  It appears that it was targeted by several chaomantic rituals as a touchpoint.

Counter that counter, if possible.  If not, request aid from others in that endeavor.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:50:53 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 24, 2015, 10:52:50 pm »

Talios strikes the shadows with his flail.
((Sorry, you posted it first while I was typing my reply so I didn't see it at first.))

The flail seems to narrowly miss, but at the same the shadows envelop Talios. He can feel a hand pushing on his back and a foot on his way. It now seems obvious that Zenurion is attempting to trip his opponent!
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 24, 2015, 11:00:48 pm »

Talios thrusts the butt of his scythe behind him before falling down.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 24, 2015, 11:20:23 pm »

I use 3 Flux to protect my worshippers from the current constellation's effects.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:33:49 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 24, 2015, 11:22:14 pm »

((...*Sigh*. Maybe we should invest in an Assumption Counter for Andres? Just a simple thing that keeps track of the number of assumptions he makes, for future reference.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 24, 2015, 11:24:02 pm »

((...*Sigh*. Maybe we should invest in an Assumption Counter for Andres? Just a simple thing that keeps track of the number of assumptions he makes, for future reference.))
((The constellations are magical - they're not cosmetic. Their effects weren't specified when they were created and I'm not taking any chances.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 24, 2015, 11:26:25 pm »

((The constellations are magical - they're not cosmetic. Their effects weren't specified when they were created and I'm not taking any chances.))

((.15 essence isn't enough to do anything noteworthy. There are no hints that he has used them in any actions in the past. At most, what they do is give a bonus/discount to Godly actions. Mortals do not need to be protected.))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 24, 2015, 11:37:42 pm »

Use all of my flux to enforce my counter.

Create a new obelisk of regular size in front of the other ones. On it is engraved the following:

Log 0.001: Divine study procedures, psychological section.
Date of entry: Tick 4.
The test was started by the creation of an obelisk, designed as an attempt to provoke a negative reaction. The results are as follow:
1- A new obelisk is created by subject Eid, containing self-praise but not contradicting the claim. Analysis of the content seems to indicate that the author was attempting to distance himself from the targeted group.
2- Subject Jens create a new, larger obelisk, with an attempt to discredit both previous claims through a personal attack.
3- An inflammatory remark is introduced to the test subjects, along with a new obelisk intended to appear as a contradiction of the third obelisk, an inflammatory remark and a nonsensical proposition.
4- Subject Jens reacts to the latest obelisk with a new, even larger obelisk containing what was determined to likely be an emotional response of anger.
5- Subject Zhin enters the experiment by expressing concerns. Upon further inspection the concerns appear to be baseless, and could potentially be an attempt at ending the experiment peacefully.
6- Subject Tenat enters the experiment by creating a modest obelisk. Inspection of the engraved text yields the conclusion that the obelisk is an attempt by it's author to distance herself from the results of the experiments through the use of a personal attack.
7- More inflammatory remarks are introduced to favor the continuation of the experiment. A new obelisk is created as an attempt to acquire a response from subject Jens.
8- Subject Tenat cause the destruction of the latest obelisk. Analysis of the maneuver indicate that this action was likely dictated by emotional rage.

Conclusion: The experiment, attempting to evaluate the level of maturity and the functioning of a typical divine mind was concluded with success. It was determined that the average god typically score worse on the maturity scale than the average mortal. Study of the functioning of a divine mind yielded a large amount of similitude to the average mortal mind. Group mentality has been observed, subjects have come to defend each other in some occasion where a purely logical mind would have avoided to do so. It was determined that certain gods favor cooperation over rationality in many cases, as many baseless claims were supported. The hypothesis as of what cause this lower than expected level of maturity is that the typical divine mind is not exposed to the hardships and responsibilities that are part of the process that leads mortals to maturity. Further tests are necessary to determine the veracity of this hypothesis.

Put a copy of this log in the vault, where a copy will be available for anyone to read.

Talios thrusts the butt of his scythe behind him before falling down.

Oomph!
Zenurion tumble backwards and fall like his opponent as the shadows dissipate themselves. Both of them find themselves on the ground.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 24, 2015, 11:53:51 pm »

Tenat attaches a note to the obelisklog.
>Zenurion did not, in fact, properly analyze his data.  The destruction of all subsequent obelisks after this Aspect's construction was due to chaomantic spells, which this Aspect was not responsible for except in the broadest sense of having crafted said system.
>This Aspect wishes to note that even had this Aspect decided to destroy said obelisk, this Aspect would have done so solely to prevent continued escalation.
>Furthermore, Zhin's concerns were not necessarily aimed at the obelisks, as Zenurion asserts, but at the general creation of excessive valued materials in general.
>This Aspect notes that further ad hominem attacks utilizing this medium of transfer will be flagged as such.
>This Aspect further wishes to advise Zenurion that the proper usage of its vs. it's is: its, belonging to it, and it's, it is.

Tenat will monitor content introduced to the Vault by gods and provide it to the Lawbringers for bias monitoring.  Tenat will also introduce a magic spelling/grammar/usage checker.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:56:36 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 24, 2015, 11:55:39 pm »

The Don reclines in a large, overstuffed, leather chair. He is sipping a shot glass filled with rum, for an unknown reason.

"Ya mooks are taking up all my screen time..."

The Don reclines even further, shifting the liquid in the cup before taking a sip.

"Mebbe I shoulda dropped dis bombshell already? Some saps been messin' around with human's heads. Somtin' 'bout bloody rocks and a lettuce lady. Its gotta be one a us, da reports of bandit activity are 100% fabricated. Ya should worry 'bout that insteada stars makin' em crazy."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 24, 2015, 11:59:30 pm »

The Don reclines in a large, overstuffed, leather chair. He is sipping a shot glass filled with rum, for an unknown reason.

The Don reclines even further, shifting the liquid in the cup before taking a sip.

"Mebbe I shoulda dropped dis bombshell already? Some saps been messin' around with human's heads. Somtin' 'bout bloody rocks and a lettuce lady. Its gotta be one a us, da reports of bandit activity are 100% fabricated. Ya should worry 'bout that insteada stars makin' em crazy."
>At this time, this Aspect does not find that this information is actionable.
>This Aspect requests clarification and verification.
>This Aspect further requests that references to Things That Do Not Exist cease. 
>This Aspect refers to "screen time".
Sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 25, 2015, 12:00:49 am »

Meow plops on The Don's lap and curls up. Free lap.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 25, 2015, 12:01:35 am »

"This is getting embarassing..."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 25, 2015, 12:08:54 am »

"Some saps been messin' around with human's heads."
"I ſertainly haf meſſed ǷyÞ mortal minds, get alas, on Þis occaſſion I did not. I am only ſaying Þis becauſe ſom no doubt ſuſpect me."

Spoiler: Transcription (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:24:55 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 25, 2015, 12:12:21 am »

Meow plops on The Don's lap and curls up. Free lap.

The Don begins petting the cat, as he is required to do. He quietly whispers "I know what you have done" to nobody in particular.

>At this time, this Aspect does not find that this information is actionable.
>This Aspect requests clarification and verification.
>This Aspect further requests that references to Things That Do Not Exist cease. 
>This Aspect refers to "screen time".

"Screen time, pally. Life's a stage, ain't it? I ain't 'bout to sit back and watch like some kinda flower pot. Bombs exist, if ya want I can let my Rose set one off. Would teach ya real fast.

As for da 'splainin', ain't much of dat neither. I heard der was bandits. So I went down to see em, see? Bandits are Organized Crime, some of da earliest. So I was smilin' ear ta ear, ready ta help em along...and bandit activity on da planet is doin' horribly. You can sees I was dissapointed ta find out tha rumors where lies. I don't like being dissapointed. Woulda kept my mouth shut 'bout it otherwise. Tha gibber and jabber spread from some humans wakin' up round bloody rocks after dissapearin' for months. Ain't too much blood, an da wounds are jus' minor, no way it don't go deeper than that though."

"Some saps been messin' around with human's heads."
"I ſertainly haf meſſed ǷyÞ mortal minds, get alas, on Þis occaſſion I did not. I am only ſaying Þis becauſe ſom no doubt ſuſpect me."

"Not der minds, der heads. Tha ting on der shoulders."

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 246