Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 283103 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 4.0: Conflicts and Conflations [23/137]
« Reply #1035 on: August 26, 2015, 05:49:55 pm »

Thank you for that, but why would I have to die? I suppose you have a really good reason to do something as serious as murder a god, especially in front of everybody else.
"Y0u ar3 a773mp71ng 70 k1ll a m0r7al."

Jens will be sitting in the back of the audience's chairs.

Isgon grabs a seat next to Jens. Hey Jens, could we not talk about killing gods?

Zenurion suddenly appears in the other seat next to Jens, teleporting any mortal who might've been here to his previous location.
No, please, this is a discussion that needs to happen. Repressing our thoughts will only result in the growth of our anger, which will in return make things much messier when it inevitably erupt. Let's do this while we are all calm and civilized, and under scrutiny of other beings, mortals in that case.

Now, why would the death of a mortal be enough to justify the execution of a god? Wouldn't we by extension, if the death of a mortal is punishable by death, need to execute the first being to think of the concept of mortality, which has and will cause many times more deaths than I ever will? Wouldn't anyone who creates mortals need to be judged as heartless murderers for dooming their creation to an inevitable and painful death? Wouldn't we need to murder every god whose aspect imply death, and execute ourselves for committing the crime of killing sapient beings, in this case gods?

Mortality is a fickle bitch.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 26, 2015, 05:54:30 pm »

"When a mortal achieves intelligence, he/she will eventually figure out that he or she is going to die some day. It's inevitable. However, you are just trying to kill a random mortal prematurely. Prematurely. It's a waste of life!"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 26, 2015, 06:05:13 pm »

Inevitable according to what? We created life, we can choose it to be whatever we want it to be. In fact, I created my own life to share our immortality. You call the murder of one a waste of life, but isn't constantly throwing countless lives to garbage to replace them with always new, quickly decaying ones infinitely more wasteful?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 26, 2015, 06:13:19 pm »

"Wait what? When did you create life? I don't remember you creating life..."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 26, 2015, 06:14:11 pm »

"He did. Quite a while ago."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 26, 2015, 06:14:58 pm »

(Got a secret can you keep it...)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 26, 2015, 06:16:08 pm »

"He did. Quite a while ago."
"What Tick?"

Check out the Human civilisation. How well has Lolohe been managing and advancing it? What's the tech/magitek level?

(Got a secret can you keep it...)
(ye)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1042 on: August 26, 2015, 06:18:18 pm »

Mortal literally means that they have a maximum lifespan and will die eventually. The vast majority of intelligent mortals know this, excepting those with delusions of immortality.

By your logic, we should never have created mortals, because them dying is wasteful? Yet you have created mortals yourself?
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 26, 2015, 06:18:23 pm »

Oh, right, this is pretty recent. In fact I don't think they're even developed enough yet to be able to present themselves. They will be presented as soon as they have reached the necessary maturity.

((Basically they'll be announced next tick or whenever KJP does an update, unless something horribly wrong happened for some reason))

Edit:
Mortal literally means that they have a maximum lifespan and will die eventually. The vast majority of intelligent mortals know this, excepting those with delusions of immortality.

By your logic, we should never have created mortals, because them dying is wasteful? Yet you have created mortals yourself?

I asked why did you all give them a predetermined time limit, not why did you create them. Aging is entirely unnecessary and in no way forced by the functioning of eality, while preventing all form of harm is impossible even for ourselves. You are entirely avoiding my point that enforcing aging is infinitely more cruel and wasteful than the murder of one individual and attacking a nonexistent strawman. I expect better from any of you who claims to be in the right or morally "good ".
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:33:01 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 26, 2015, 06:30:03 pm »

"You should already know my opinion on this. Eliminating death completely is impractical, the use of a single mortal soul, living or dead, negligible."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 26, 2015, 06:37:05 pm »

(ye)

((Ye?))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 26, 2015, 06:39:52 pm »

"oh, what is this.... Secret?"
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 26, 2015, 06:44:59 pm »

"Infinitely wasteful? No! If anything, having a limited lifespan is more motivation for the mortals to actually get things done! It is the bane of procrastination!"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1048 on: August 26, 2015, 06:46:05 pm »

I asked why did you all give them a predetermined time limit, not why did you create them. Aging is entirely unnecessary and in no way forced by the functioning of eality, while preventing all form of harm is impossible even for ourselves. You are entirely avoiding my point that enforcing aging is infinitely more cruel and wasteful than the murder of one individual and attacking a nonexistent strawman. I expect better from any of you who claims to be in the right or morally "good ".

Sorry, misunderstood your point.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 26, 2015, 06:46:47 pm »

"Infinitely wasteful? No! If anything, having a limited lifespan is more motivation for the mortals to actually get things done! It is the bane of procrastination!"
"This is very true."
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 246