Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 284354 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 9.0 Toil and Turmoil [26/137]
« Reply #2505 on: September 19, 2015, 09:19:43 am »

"He don't nietha. Trees is jus' trees. Havn' dem cut down all ova da world would be a good ting fer dem. If da mortals need trees ta live, den dey will plant trees an' avoid harmin' dem. He coulda even jus' made trees dat grow back afta bein' cut down, or needed ta be cut down ta multiply. Bannin' usin' trees fer everythin' don't help nobody."

A fair point, but we're gods. Any one of us could create fuel which isn't tree-based too, respecting Sylvan's sphere.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: September 19, 2015, 09:24:01 am »

A fair point, but we're gods. Any one of us could create fuel which isn't tree-based too, respecting Sylvan's sphere.

"Ya want us ta spend our hard-earned essence jus' ta placate anotha god's pointless fit? Ain't like da otha gods go outa der way ta respect Criminal Organizations or thieves, is it? If ona us pulled da same ting he's pullin' everyone would starta riot. Don' see no reason I should let 'im do whateva he wants wit mortals who do tings with trees."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: September 19, 2015, 09:30:08 am »

Morthan attends to the play, together with Torqal and Telfaam. After the play, he will offer the actor that played him a glass of orphan tears and have a talk about the choices that lead him to play Morthan in MotG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: September 19, 2015, 09:37:54 am »

>This Aspect shall simply have to take this matter into their own hands, this Aspect thinks.
Tenat shall create an otherwise mundane plant that is suitable for wood crafts, but is not a tree and is a regrowing source.  Tenat shall create varieties of this plant stacking existing trees and distribute them across the planets, in similar climates as their tree-y ?cousins? but not interfering with said.  Tenat shall alert the lumberjacks to this change.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: September 19, 2015, 09:38:35 am »

"Ya want us ta spend our hard-earned essence jus' ta placate anotha god's pointless fit? Ain't like da otha gods go outa der way ta respect Criminal Organizations or thieves, is it? If ona us pulled da same ting he's pullin' everyone would starta riot. Don' see no reason I should let 'im do whateva he wants wit mortals who do tings with trees."

ZRJ is having the biggest issue with Sylvan right now, creating another fuel and building material will be of minimal cost, at worst.

Sylvan has been quite overt in his protection for trees, and ZRJ has refused to heed his words and actions.

They're both being foolish for not coming to a compromise though, so as long as it doesn't affect me or my creations, they can have at each other.

I wouldn't actually kill a mortal for defying me. Tricking them is so much more entertaining, and a single dead mortal is unlikely to actually gain me anything.

>This Aspect shall simply have to take this matter into their own hands, this Aspect thinks.
Tenat shall create an otherwise mundane plant that is suitable for wood crafts, but is not a tree and is a regrowing source.  Tenat shall create varieties of this plant stacking existing trees and distribute them across the planets, in similar climates as their tree-y ?cousins? but not interfering with said.  Tenat shall alert the lumberjacks to this change.

I was looking forward to seeing how an actual, physical city could go to war.

Edit: Against a tree, of all things! ((I forgot Sylvan was a tree :o))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:43:15 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: September 19, 2015, 10:45:00 am »

Zenurion shall oppose this, on the ground of being a lacking workaround that fails to address more than half of the issues, and also because he still remembers the coffee incident.
This is so much bullshit going on, I mean is that tree really trying to stop civilization from growing by starving them of wood? That's so ***** hilarious! Go back to your grove, you dirty hippy and let the real gods take care of the science!
Set a single, random lonely tree on fire.

((I'm assuming this is all happening after the show?))
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: September 19, 2015, 11:02:46 am »

Zenurion shall oppose this, on the ground of being a lacking workaround that fails to address more than half of the issues, and also because he still remembers the coffee incident.
This is so much bullshit going on, I mean is that tree really trying to stop civilization from growing by starving them of wood? That's so ***** hilarious! Go back to your grove, you dirty hippy and let the real gods take care of the science!

((Exactly how does it fail to be a workaround?))
>This Aspect queries your problem.
Override opposition.  With Pantheon discount.

>This Aspect queries the amenability of dryadic communities to accept small displacements for road establishment.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:37:50 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: September 19, 2015, 11:35:05 am »

((Lack of wood for construction and pretty much everything else that require wood, and the stuff that was mentioned in the OOC))
Your lack of... What would be the best word for this? Brain.
Oppose the opposition to the opposition by opposing it. Using a discount from the three pantheons Zenurion has membership in.

Propose that all attempts at stopping Zenurion from spreading evil be punished by being sealed in the black chamber for 1 tick, for the same reason that any attempt at stopping the tree god from spreading his influence is met by council lynching.

Further propose that the same be applied to the aspects of every gods, if only to be fair. The only acceptable opposition is the creation of a poorly thought workaround that fails to fix more than half of the problem.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:36:56 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: September 19, 2015, 11:39:12 am »

((Ahem.  IT'S SPECIFICALLY SUPPOSED TO REPLACE REQUIREMENTS FOR WOOD.))
>This Aspect opposes Zenurion's proposal.
Oppose the opposition of the opposition of the opposition of the not-trees.  Pantheon discount.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:44:56 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: September 19, 2015, 11:41:12 am »

((Lack of wood for construction and pretty much everything else that require wood, and the stuff that was mentioned in the OOC))
Your lack of... What would be the best word for this? Brain.
Oppose the opposition to the opposition by opposing it. Using a discount from the three pantheons Zenurion has membership in.

Propose that all attempts at stopping Zenurion from spreading evil be punished by being sealed in the black chamber for 1 tick, for the same reason that any attempt at stopping the tree god from spreading his influence is met by council lynching.

Further propose that the same be applied to the aspects of every gods, if only to be fair. The only acceptable opposition is the creation of a poorly thought workaround that fails to fix more than half of the problem.

"I'd hardly call what's been happening a lynching. Various gods are trying to prevent a war between me and Zhìn Réng Jiāng by resolving the source of conflict in a way that satisfies both of us, which is quite kind of them, but have not indicated they would take any action against Zhìn in the event that he should actually go through with the war.

A better term might perhaps be mediation or arbitration?"

Using a discount from the three pantheons Zenurion has membership in.
((Wait what?))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: September 19, 2015, 11:41:12 am »

Further propose that the same be applied to the aspects of every gods, if only to be fair. The only acceptable opposition is the creation of a poorly thought workaround that fails to fix more than half of the problem.[/b]

((Why do you need to make silly proposals all the time? :P))

Oppose and Oppose

Where is this Council lynching you speak of?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: September 19, 2015, 11:47:16 am »

>This Aspect notes that Zenurion cannot possibly be a member of all three Pantheons.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: September 19, 2015, 11:48:05 am »

Could be secret pantheons.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: September 19, 2015, 11:49:40 am »

Could be secret pantheons.
>This Aspect finds this prospect worrying but notes that the results of this will effectively reveal the existence or nonexistence of said.
Sigtext

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: September 19, 2015, 11:55:33 am »

"Subject designate:("Sylvan"); query/;>_
refusal:(compromise:(resource:(wood)))[?]_
reminder:(self:(pantheon:(membership))_
IF:(war:(self[-]"Sylvan")){likely}; THEN:(establish:(rules:(engagement)))[?]_
purpose:(prevent:(incident:(similarity:(pantheon:("First"))))_"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek