Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: 23rd century botony! (A wild sequel appears!)  (Read 20977 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: 23rd century capitalism! (Home, home in the mountains!)
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2015, 11:57:15 am »

B. It's time we step and i'm sure Boulder is looking for any and all help right now. Besides now that the president is dead and the country is at civil war (again.) we can later use the city as a bargaining chip to help one of the four generals take power.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2015, 11:58:46 am »

D)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: 23rd century capitalism! (War, war changes some of the time)
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2015, 12:28:59 pm »

C: In post-apoc combat, supply lines are even more vital. We don't have enough men to make a huge difference in open combat, but raiding supply lines and destroying morale is possible. We might even get more combat gear for our other troops.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2015, 12:34:09 pm »

C: In post-apoc combat, supply lines are even more vital. We don't have enough men to make a huge difference in open combat, but raiding supply lines and destroying morale is possible. We might even get more combat gear for our other troops.

Switching vote to this.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2015, 03:24:34 pm »

Man. It's hard to see how we could have prospered in any of our choices, given the direction of history and all. Shit be real, yo. and even had we established ourselves in Boulder, we'd be getting torn down right now. Besides, what with food being such a precious commodity, and the weather being what it is, it's hard to imagine anything but "underground farmer" as being particularly safe, effective, and productive.

Also, how did we lose 300 people? Weren't we more or less laying low and trying to keep out of trouble?

Switching vote to this.
+1

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2015, 03:54:28 pm »

Also, how did we lose 300 people? Weren't we more or less laying low and trying to keep out of trouble?

You didn't.  You actually gained a few people from the Provo Guard.  700 is the number of people in addition to the 300 ready for combat.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2015, 04:15:29 pm »

You didn't.  You actually gained a few people from the Provo Guard.  700 is the number of people in addition to the 300 ready for combat.
I looked back, looks like I misread something. Sorry. Nothing to see here.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2015, 04:21:08 pm »

No worries, mate.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2015, 11:49:37 pm »

-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------

Gear up boys, we're shipping out!

Although the 17th was outcasts, they still felt loyalty to their hometown and prepared for war.  The forces from Provo didn't even know their rear areas were exposed to the 17th.  The initial attacks quickly overran the rear garrisons of the Utah forces and let the 17th seize desperately needed ammunition.

The real target was the supply camps along route 70 that served as bases of operations for the troops in the mountains west of Boulder.  These were vital to maintaining the siege of Boulder and could potentially resupply the entire 17th with the equipment the rebels took from the armories of Provo.  You quickly marched north as part of a 200 man detachment, hoping to hit them while they were still unprepared.

Unfortunately the camp you hit was unprepared but more strongly garrisoned then you expected.  Heavy infantry formations had pulled back from the frontline for refit.

Hard to take these down with small arms.

The heavy weapon troops fired off the last rockets and the raiding party broke off the attack, retreating west with Utah troops in pursuit.  A long chase through the mountains ensued.  Finally you end up chased all the way back to Cavern Forge, having failed to seize the bounty you were hoping for...

Looks like yeast for breakfast boys.  And Lunch.  And Dinner.

The attack wasn't a complete failure however.  The sudden attack on their rear made the Holy Warriors pull units back from the front, letting the National Guard counterattack and retake the foothills west of Boulder.  Their attack on Boulder frustrated, the Holy Warriors instead redoubled their efforts to take Colorado Springs.  The old trading route from Provo to Colorado Springs is too heavily guarded to try more raids but the territory between Boulder and Cavern Forge is not as dangerous before.

Carter decides that the next operation will launching an attack to link up with the Boulder Guard.  The Holy Warriors still dont know where Cavern Forge is so a quick attack will let you seize the lightly defended northern country.  This will allow evacuating the non-combat ready personnel from Cavern Forge to Boulder where they can hopefully get re-equiped and join the fight.  That is assuming that the Boulder Guard can be convinced to reequip them.  You are asked if you want to join the forces heading to Boulder.

A) Head to Boulder and convince the mayor of the good work the 17th has done so he will clear our names and give us pardons
B) Head to Boulder and convince the mayor that the Federal government is useless.  Boulder needs to declare our independence like Utah has, grab what's left of the farmlands to the east and start taking care of itself.  The 17th can be the core of the new army of the Colorado Free State.
C) Head to Boulder and convince people that Boulder is exposed and serves no purpose.  The people of Boulder should take a lesson from the mountain men and evacuate underground to Cavern Forge where they will at least be safe.  With proper preparations, Cavern Forge can be a real home.
D) Other?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2015, 03:32:44 am »

A I think?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2015, 05:34:00 am »

B)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2015, 05:58:36 am »

A) i guess

although im still for option E) Europe, Europe is fighting for independence perfect ground to make a name as a Mercenary Company

also, Bielefeld doesnt exist. Its a Mythos. There is no Bielefeld, there never has been a Bielefeld and there never will be a Bielefeld in germany. /badgermanjoke

What in gods name has gone wrong in Germany that Bielefeld has become the Capital? I mean that would mean that Berlin, Munich, Hannover, Bremen, Stuttgart, Bonn and roughly 50 other more important cities had to be nuked to Nirvana for it to work out.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2015, 06:58:52 am »

I vote B, GO CFS!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2015, 07:52:02 am »

Ugh. B. Colorodo Free State. Only, Work on a side project making Canyon Forge self sufficient. Meanwhile, keep our ears open for rumors of wildlife. I want to find a forest. And work on getting The important bits of Boulder underground.

Why this is about 'captialism' is beyond me. It's Apocalyptic 'survival' instead. Oh, sure, we took non-lucrative choices, but it seemed to be either that or live as parasites off the weak. Seriously, that's not capitalism, that's corruption.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2015, 10:04:03 am »

A.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14