Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 154910 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 47 - Yuri the Untouchable
« Reply #975 on: April 14, 2016, 02:04:23 am »

go to central park it's probably nice there!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 14, 2016, 08:29:22 am »

FallacyofUrist cackles under her breath. She had a part to play in this game.

"BWAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Fire the Mountain Gun at Execute.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 14, 2016, 04:46:24 pm »

when i arrive at airport park pickup then write a poem about an Aztec god who is killed by a cowboy

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 14, 2016, 06:33:59 pm »

Reload my pistol, and patch up my bleeding leg.

I'm going to be messing around in these tents for a long time aren't I.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 15, 2016, 01:16:54 am »

"NAV, continue with the Bowling. I need to take down the flying one. If he's a God of some sort, then I'll make him bleed.

Attempting to work through the pain, I'll aim and fire at Execute and Yuri. Then, fire at the mob of Aztecs, before taking cover and reloading.
"Make him bleed bleed BLEED! Hahahahaha this is great!"
One more round of Aztec Bowling! In the direction of the lake if possible.
Unload my bullpup at Execute when I get the chance.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 17, 2016, 02:46:30 pm »

Begin playing song. Skip the musket fire.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 48 - Too Many Samurai
« Reply #981 on: April 17, 2016, 05:45:26 pm »

Round 48: Too Many Samurai
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Early Afternoon

Elephant Parade begins to perform his Untitled Song, skipping out on the part that involves shooting a musket. (3) It would be much improvised with musicals instruments, which he lacks, and also more people performing it; after testing it Elephant deduces that it would draw more people in if he could get a band together. As for now, his small-time musical performance is ignored by everyone, the police too busy on patrolling the area for Aztecs or shooters, while the refugees are focused on leaving. For now, it is merely a lonely tune for Elephant and his horse.

After a less-then-favorable introduction to New York City, Abstract gets the idea to take Autumn to Central Park. (1) On the way to Central Park, the couple gets lost, so Abstract asks a trio of guys hanging out on a street corner how he can get to the park. "Oh, we can show ya', but it's gonna' cost ya'." The three of them begin to circle around Abstract and Autumn, and Abstract sees the distinct flash of a small blade in one of their grips. "How much dough ya' got on ya'?"

Twinwolf and her Patriots shoot some inaccurate covering fire at Yuri as all of them run for cover, ducking behind a nearby building away from the Aztecs.

NAV cackles like a madman, "Make him bleed bleed BLEED! Hahahahaha this is great!" He steers the sports car in the direction of the fleeing Aztecs and speeds after them, attempting to take out some of the stragglers before they can get to cover inside the stores. (6+2 vs. 9) The Aztecs see NAV accelerating from far away, and this prompts them to sprint as fast they can, getting to the stores before he can reach them. NAV continues driving at one lone Aztec wasn't quite fast enough and left outside on the road; while the single Jaguar Warrior might not be that speedy, his reflexes make up for it, as he turns around and throws his spear straight at NAV. (1 vs. 8+2) The spear sails a couple feet over the top of the car, which plows into the Aztec regardless; the sound of his ribcage shattering is audible. NAV spots Execute flying around in the air and parks the car for a moment to point his gun out where the car's front windshield once was, opening fire on the flying deity.  (9 vs. 4)NAV waits patiently this time and lines up a shot as Execute is busy paying attention elsewhere; this time, the Bullpup Rifle's burst rakes across Execute's lower torso, and the blood spilled from him is visible even from the ground.

"NAV, continue with the Bowling. I need to take down the flying one. If he's a God of some sort, then I'll make him bleed." Before Greatness even finishes with his request, NAV is trying to chase down some fleeing Aztecs, giving the Samurai an opportunity to roll down the window and shoot at both Execute and Yuri. Since NAV is able to land a good hit on Execute, Greatness focuses on Yuri in an attempt to distribute the pain. (6-1 vs. 1+2) Despite Yuri's advantageous position, Greatness is able to hit him with a spray when the Russian stands up to move from one point of cover to another. Greatness sees Yuri falling over, indicating that he hit him somewhere in the leg. The Samurai warrior then twists his gun to point at the nearest storefront where the Jaguar Archers are about to launch a counter arrow barrage. (4-1 vs. 8+1) A short burst from Greatness's rifle strikes a wall and fails to scatter the archers. (1 vs. 4) Their arrow attack puts a few dents in the side of the car, and manages nothing else. After all of this, NAV hunkers down, minimizing his visibility to anyone outside the window, while he reloads his gun; he is done to his last couple of clips.
NAV puts the car back in motion, driving away from the sight of the battle and towards the lake on the Center-East part of town.

Person, hiding in a tent, quickly reloads his pistol and scavenges what he can out of his bandage-deprived medical kit to heal his new wound. (Medical: 8+2) Using about half of the already half empty kit, Dad does seal the bleeding wound. Now it's just him, his weapons, and a bum ankle hiding in a tent from a pack of dogs in an abandoned crisis zone. When he heard of the glorious combat in the Wiki-Wars Annual Tournament, this is not how he imagined it would go down.

Execute sees the weapon reinforcements appear through the portal and flies down to greet them, only to be interrupted by more gunfire that actually wounds him this time. This pushes Execute back, but he grits his teeth and gets back on the path, flying down to the returning soldiers and pointing them in the direction of the storefronts where they will distribute their weapons. The soldiers collectively gasp when they realize that Execute is badly wounded, but when they attempt to help him he waves them off, claiming that he has to much work to do and he can't waste time laying around being a casualty.
Execute flies back up and witnesses Yuri getting hit, which causes him to cringe, but it looks like it was not a serious wound as his old friend is able to get back into cover and return fire on NAV's Sport Car. (4 vs. 5) He fails to hit it, (3 vs. 9+2-1) and NAV wastes some bullets on the side of the building that Yuri is on top of.
Execute swoops down towards Twinwolf and his followers, attempting to demoralize them. (6) "There are hundreds of us and more coming! We will keep your head on our pikes!" This doesn't necessarily strike panic into Twinwolf's militia although they do not attempt to shoot at the moment, meaning it had to have been at least a little successful.
Execute, badly wounded by NAV and Greatness, is not going to let them escape untouched. He dives for their car like a hawk going over a mouse, and when he is low enough, begins pumping his pistol while it is aimed at the front section of the car. (6 vs. 4+2) He puts a few holes in the hood, but no real damage to either the vehicle or its occupants. He sees Greatness aiming his rifle back at him, so Execute flies away quickly, now clutching his perforated stomach.

"BWAHAHAHAHA!!!" FallacyofUrist's cackle beats out NAV's earlier one, as she lights her Mountain Gun, now aimed at Execute. Mountain Guns were constructed long before flying targets were even conceptualized, so this would be a difficult shot, but that didn't stop her. (7-3[Aerial Target] vs. 8) The cannon ball sails wide right of Execute, who actually hears the whizzing of the projectile as it passes.

High tyrol drives the pickup truck into the airport, parking in one of the available lots. Sitting in the front seat, she begins to imagine a poem about an Aztec God who is killed by a cowboy. (Poetry: 10+2) Tyrol surprises herself with how quickly she is able to think of an epic where a humble 19th century cow herder in Southern Texas accidentally awakens the spirit of a power-hungry Aztec God and challenges him to a duel. She is certain that if she could get it published, it would be a smash hit. She entitles it "The Sky God Came Down to Texas".

With the NAV/Greatness doing driving off and Twinwolf's Patriot Militia in hiding, the Aztecs have a brief respite, allowing the reinforcements to safely cross the area between the portal and the stores, distributing the muskets and crossbows equally among the Aztec ranks.
13 more Aztecs come through the portal.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 87 (+13)
Casualties: 86

TinFoilTopHat receives a top secret mission and leaves the tournament, relieving her position in the Wiki-Wars.

The hoofs of a horse clatter as a new entrance makes their way into the Wiki-War Tournament. Like Greatness, he wears the armor of a Samurai, but he is on horse back and beneath his armor is not traditional Samurai clothing but a clearly American military uniform. A pouch is attached to his hip, jingling and jangling with each movement of his steed,

DolosusDoleus rides into battle!

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Made a map of Central Denmark where the Sunset Invasion is taking place if anyone needs help visualizing the proximity of all the craziness going on. Behold my glorious MS Paint Skillz:

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 08:55:17 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 17, 2016, 05:52:52 pm »

we didn't bring any money with us it's all at home and try to smooth talk them if the smooth talk dosent work make them pass out due to boredom via me talking about politics if none of this works...Wrestle em good!.
Sorry dude did not bring any money didn't think we'd need it but can't you let us go I'm a new Yorker and I just got back after a very long trip.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 17, 2016, 05:54:17 pm »

FallacyofUrist mumbles something under her breath as she reloads her Mountain Gun.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 17, 2016, 06:16:55 pm »

Attempt to attach the filming camera to the horse's saddle, and start recording. Then, ride at maximum speed towards the portal while screaming battle cries!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:44:42 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 17, 2016, 06:29:16 pm »

look up the political alignment of the head of the biggest publisher in this town and the location of this publisher then head to the hospital and check in

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 17, 2016, 06:32:05 pm »

Mount my vehicle once more, and looking for any abandoned buildings that might carry medical supplies. Hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, etc.

Denmark is probably evacuated completely at this point. I mean, there might be a few people that stayed behind out of stubbornness, but I doubt I'll find professional medical aid here. As such, I'm rather tempted to skip town for a bit. Care to remind me of the nearby villages/towns/etc?

That's mostly if I actually need help from someone else to fix my leg of course. I might have a go at fixing it myself anyway if my search for supplies is fruitful.

Also the map seems to do the job quite well. Though I would appreciate a larger view of Denmark, it would probably be more trouble than its worth to grab a map of the real Denmark and pinpoint our locations every turn. A small location update via text would be nice though, as its been some time since the last one.

Edit: Decided to look back a bit, and I've been bleeding or injured one way or another since round 37. Well, at least I'm not dead. Something something, buffaloes are tenacious. Will work that in somehow once I reenter combat I guess.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:37:48 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 17, 2016, 06:43:22 pm »

Mount my vehicle once more, and looking for any abandoned buildings that might carry medical supplies. Hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, etc.

Denmark is probably evacuated completely at this point. I mean, there might be a few people that stayed behind out of stubbornness, but I doubt I'll find professional medical aid here. As such, I'm rather tempted to skip town for a bit. Care to remind me of the nearby villages/towns/etc?

That's mostly if I actually need help from someone else to fix my leg of course. I might have a go at fixing it myself anyway if my search for supplies is fruitful.

Also the map seems to do the job quite well. Though I would appreciate a larger view of Denmark, it would probably be more trouble than its worth to grab a map of the real Denmark and pinpoint our locations every turn. A small location update via text would be nice though, as its been some time since the last one.

Edit: Decided to look back a bit, and I've been bleeding or injured one way or another since round 37. Well, at least I'm not dead. Something something, buffaloes are tenacious. Will work that in somehow once I reenter combat I guess.

Directly West is Shirley, northwest is Glenmore, northeast is Fontenoy, and Southwest is Cooperstown; these are mostly identical small farming towns with general populations of around 800 - 1,500. Green Bay is to the North East on the highway, but it would take multiple turns to get there. Equally distant and in the opposite direction of Green Bay is Mantiowoc, where Nunzillor briefly went to. Fun Fact: That town is where the first season of Making a Murderer took place.

I will provide a general location update during the next turn.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 17, 2016, 11:29:15 pm »

Dive out of the car, taking great care to not injure myself further. Then, shoot NAV with as many rounds as it'll take.

EDIT: Changed my action due to NAV's...if I'm allowed to do that, anyway.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 02:05:46 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 17, 2016, 11:41:44 pm »

"We need to stop at the lake, to compose a battle plan, and clean our wounds."

Stopping at the lake, I attempt careful surgery to get the arrow out, allowing NAV to help if he can. While there, I form a plan with him. The plan will be to primarily target Execute, obviously right? Well, if he's dead, the Aztecs might be demoralized, and flee back through the portal, to which we can attempt to close it. Then, if we can, we stealthily return to the area, to sneak attack Execute and put our plan into motion.

You will be able to reach the lake next turn and perform your actions there provided that NAV's drive is uninterrupted, however driving back from the lake will take an additional turn.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 97