Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 153872 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 43 - The Sunset Invasion Pt. 2
« Reply #900 on: March 28, 2016, 12:00:50 am »

Damnit, I should have expected this, I got too excited and screwed it up again, alright, what would be the best way to boost morale? Keep charging that plane, with one hand she risks loosing control of the plane if she uses her weapon, store the gun away and use the shortsword to start chopping up the wings, old planes like the Siskin were made out of wood and cloth mainly, right?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 28, 2016, 12:01:37 am »

As is rather obvious, I've given up on doing the aars, for now at least. This is spite of the fact that very interestong and exciting things are happening lately. It's quite clear now that I'm basically incapable of committing myself to things. It was an amusing little experiment, I guess.

Continue healing.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 28, 2016, 12:31:51 am »

More?! ...Alright.

Dive behind anything I can, and reload. After finishing the reload, fire back into the crowd of Aztecs coming from the Portal. Also, maybe shoot the guy barking orders (Yuri), he seems to be with them.

Also, while the AAR's were awesome, I'm fine with you stopping, or at least taking a break, Person.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 12:33:50 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 28, 2016, 08:46:59 am »

@Person: No one can fault you for that since you did AAR's from your own charity.

@Greatness: Execute still has a lot of guys coming in. I just want to warn everyone that the portal is going to spit out dozens of Aztecs every turn.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 28, 2016, 08:52:25 am »

Take cover and keep firing on the Aztecs. If I have a shot at Yuri, shoot him.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 28, 2016, 08:03:35 pm »

@Person: No one can fault you for that since you did AAR's from your own charity.

@Greatness: Execute still has a lot of guys coming in. I just want to warn everyone that the portal is going to spit out dozens of Aztecs every turn.
((So even if I do die, there's still going to be an army coming through filled with bloodlust?))
Alan help.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 28, 2016, 08:24:05 pm »

give up attempting to control the plane involving take care of execute  for now just fire my pistol into executes head if I succeeded then try to gain control of the plane.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 28, 2016, 08:40:43 pm »

Keep an eye out for approacing Aztecs shady figures, gun at the ready.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 28, 2016, 08:43:22 pm »

((So even if I do die, there's still going to be an army coming through filled with bloodlust?))

Yeah, you had a whole expediary force coming through the portal, that's going to be at least a couple thousand.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 28, 2016, 08:44:31 pm »

Yeah, you had a whole expediary force coming through the portal, that's going to be at least a couple thousand.
((If Execute dies, will outside forces be able to step in?))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 28, 2016, 09:14:04 pm »

@The Entire Coversation: Couple of Thousand of 'em? Holy Crap, I should have been paying more attention to Execute and what he was doing. I was getting caught up with myself and the others in Denmark! You're pretty good, Execute.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 28, 2016, 09:20:32 pm »

@Elephant: Yes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 28, 2016, 09:27:57 pm »

@The Entire Coversation: Couple of Thousand of 'em? Holy Crap, I should have been paying more attention to Execute and what he was doing. I was getting caught up with myself and the others in Denmark! You're pretty good, Execute.
Well, I screwed up, is the problem, I should have guessed that a minor speech wouldn't have been enough to prepare them for the total slaughter that would be Denmark, and I should have sent a much smaller force to deal with that goddamn plane before I went in.
Hopefully I won't die before I get back into the portal, too, because I have a lot more soldiers waiting in the back, just look at my inventory.
Alan help.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 28, 2016, 09:44:37 pm »

Well, you did roll a 4 on that speech. But yeah things probably could have gone better for you.

Man, I have no idea how my char is gonna react when they go to retrieve their deceased ally. Because that was the plan and damn it I'm not going to meta game my way out of it. (As far as he knows, all the conquistadors are gone.) I'll probably just get close and end up retreating for a bit. That's not for a while yet though, as I still have preparations to make.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 44 - The Sunset Invasion Pt. 3
« Reply #914 on: April 04, 2016, 12:01:13 am »

Round 44: The Sunset Invasion Pt. 3
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Morning

High tyrol, now injured with a significant shot to the shoulder, removes her hands from the wheel and pulls out her revolver. (7 vs. 6) Tyrol turns to the side and fires a shot at Execute before he can get far away, a shot that skims his lower right leg but fails to do more damage than a flesh wound. Because she had switched her focus up, the biplane was now making a rapid nosedive descent. Tyrol attempts to regain control of the vehicle, (2) but the plane is in freefall at this point and crashes into the ground below. (Flying: 7) In the crash, the plane is completely wrecked; tyrol is bruised and scraped up throughout her body, and her hand was broken from the impact, but she makes it out alive.

Hawk continues unloading lead onto the Aztecs, aiming at its top leadership whenever he has the opportunity. (8 vs. 6) He doesn't hit anyone except regular foot soldiers when he fires off a couple bursts, hitting two in their torsos and felling them instantly, as well as hitting another and crippling him, permanently putting him out of the fight.
Greatness dives behind (2) a pile of rubble which collapses when he presses his body up against it. Regardless of the failed cover, he continues to show the Aztecs firsthand results of modern firearms, (10 vs. 6) and sprays into the crowd, hitting several of the Aztecs and wounding their leader!

Abstract states that he's just arrived in the Big Apple and requires a couple days to settle down, the administrator grants him this adjustment time. Abstract runs outside to break the news of his employment to amber, the two embrace lovingly.
Then it is on to find cheap housing, which is easy, but Abstract is in the market for cheap housing that isn't a complete dump, which is much harder. (7) After a few hours, the couple comes across some reasonable apartments: the rooms are small and the furniture is old, but the water runs, the heat works and there is a lack of a cockroach or rat infestation. The cost of these would run Abstract $300 every <15 Turns>.

Elephant Parade stays on the road, keeping his eyes out for any shady people, whether they be Aztec scouts or sniper militants, his musket at the ready in case there is any trouble. Thankfully, there is no such trouble, but is approached by a police man with a stallion behind him. "I was told to return this horse to the gentleman with the musket."

Even with his recent failure, Person does not stop with his self-healing just yet. (Medical: 2+2) Person, through sheer concentration, manages to seal the wound on his chest with an imprecise bandaging that uses up all of the remaining bandages in his medical kit. This does stop his problem with bleeding, though his ankle is still an issue.

NAV is decidedly done with trapping and gets into his sports car, attempting to stop the bleeding coming from his leg. (Medical: 8 ) Sacrificing a portion of his ragged clothing, he is able to tie up the wound and halt the blood flow. He then drives towards the purple pillar, and down the road he can see dozens of figures moving about, the sound of gunfire and screaming flooding the air.

Execute continues to chase the plane, until he sees it finally go down and crash into the ground into a ruined pile of metal. Satisfied with this, he flies away to regroup with his forces.

Speaking of the Aztecs, Yuri continues attempting to rally the Aztecs as they panic under the stress of automatic gunfire they have never previously experienced. "We must remained disciplined for Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal!" This does little to help, especially as another sweeping of one of the AR15's hits once again, downing several Aztecs and hitting Yuri himself! (9) Fortunately, for Yuri, it is just a shot that nicks his arm. "Damn this!" The Aztecs retaliate as best as they can, (4-2[Panicked] vs. 10), but those that stand in place long enough to set up a shot with their bows are immediately gunned down by the team of Hawk and Greatness, resulting in another nearly dozen casualties. The newer Aztecs, closer to the portal, are farther away from the gunfire and thus less spooked by it. (8 vs. 6) This time, the arrows manage to get closer to the modern gunmen, and one of the arrows hits Greatness, striking him in the shoulder! Thanks to a combination of his highly refined Samurai armor and regeneration effects, it is not an immediately serious wound, but it will hamper his ability to fire, which could have long term consequences.
1 more Aztec comes through the portal.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 63 (+1)
Casualties: 51

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TinFoilTopHat (click to show/hide)

I will try my best to ensure that this game does not take this long in the future to update, but the following month is finals month for me, so I can not promise a daily update, or even bi-daily update. My apologies in advanced. I am still committed to this game and still enjoy GM'ing it, it is just that I am currently in a situation where I am able to put much time into it.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 97