Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 164

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 198426 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #2115 on: October 13, 2023, 09:15:44 am »

As absolute ruler I would be a full 50% more generous. 36 hours to evacuate israel, gaza and the west bank. I tend to value historic monuments but I think in this particular case it's better to turn the whole territory into a more than 20000km² wide parking space.
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: October 13, 2023, 02:11:23 pm »

If by finishing you mean "entering into a brutal urban fighting that will be a bloodbath before establishing an occupation regime that will need to deal with resistance for a long time while also risking a wider war with Iran and its proxies" then yes, looks like it.

I wish this situation wasn't so extremely convoluted. I hate it because of that. Why can't there be an end to this stupid bullshit about "ve muss hab da holi citi" or whatever?

In an ideal world, Jerusalem would be evacuated, completely flattened, and then sprinkled with radioactive waste to make sure it is uninhabitable for the next few millenia.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: October 13, 2023, 02:25:03 pm »

Brother yes but don't give those millenarian a fucking inch by giving them the satisfaction of bringing atomic dust in the equation. Best we can do to your silly meme city is cast it in epoxy and dump it in the sea, but I would rather prefer an unceremonious bulldozing, because there'd be enough poetry in that.
let

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 13, 2023, 10:51:06 pm »

You know, it occurs to me that you hardly ever hear acknowledgement that Egypt also blockades Palestine.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: October 14, 2023, 01:35:57 am »

You know, it occurs to me that you hardly ever hear acknowledgement that Egypt also blockades Palestine.

Hamas is more or less a subdivision of the Muslim Brotherhood, an organization very hostile to Egypt or any other even remotely secular Muslim country. It would be insane to accept refugees with the agenda of destroying your current government. And yeah, the pro-Paletsinian camp rarely acknowledges that.

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: October 14, 2023, 05:51:58 am »

From what I understand, part of it's just due to egypt being... kind of shitty in general, at the absolute least at the moment. There's little to no claim by or expectation of ethical action from them in regards to, well. Much of anything, from what I can tell, but especially not a refugee wave caused by a neighbor's internecine strife. Add on its economic issues and everything else that's been plaguing it for the last while, and I think folks just don't think Egypt's worth thinking much about. There's been pretty consistent minor mention of 'em in chatter about the current conflict, from what I've seen, but it's mostly just been a kind of "Yeah, Egypt's there and doesn't want to get involved, we'd rather talk about babies set on fire or mulched by pressure waves, kthx" thing.

S'kinda' like how a lot of the reporting these days is about antisemitic outbursts from various left-wing organizations while largely ignoring the folks on the right that's been cheerfully going shoulder to shoulder with literal neo-nazis for a while now, or how a lot of US political discourse has basically given up on expecting good behavior of any sort from the GOP or making much fuss about things when they're up to bad behavior.

Folks talk about (what's perceived as, true or not) the unusual instead of the usual, basically. Egypt going "fuck off and don't bother us with your collective mess" isn't unusual, so it don't get much talk.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: October 14, 2023, 10:52:26 pm »

USA is sending a second aircraft carrier to the region
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: October 15, 2023, 09:38:39 am »

USA is sending a second aircraft carrier to the region

on top of that, apparently iran said they'll have "no choice" but to get involved if israel moves in on gaza

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: October 15, 2023, 09:49:29 am »

I am so disgusted by the amount of photos and videos from Syria presented as ones from Gaza. I am even more disgusted that they get way more attention than when they were posted for the first time. I am getting flashbacks of how I, in early 2010s, was shocked at how the world could ignore Syria... How naive I was.

More and more firefights on the Israeli-Lebanon and Israeli-Syria borders... Traffic between Iran and Lebanon\Syria is also increasing day by day. Israel may regret postponing the invasion of Gaza as they give Iran time to organize a two-front war.

What I find pleasantly surprising - The West Bank is very, very calm considering the situation. I hope it is not calm before the storm...
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: October 15, 2023, 09:55:29 am »

A bit suprised as well, most of the violance I heard of in the west bank was done by Jewish settelers
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: October 15, 2023, 12:01:31 pm »

Iirc, there's, like... a few dozen dead in the last week on the west bank, the settlers have wiped out a couple villages through a combination of murder and violent displacement, etc. It's calm compared to Gaza, but...
Ask not!
Ask!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 15, 2023, 02:00:27 pm »

If Iran decides to declare war, I guess we will find out if Israel does actually have nukes or not.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 15, 2023, 02:32:29 pm »

If Iran decides to declare war, I guess we will find out if Israel does actually have nukes or not.

If Iran decides to declare war, we'll see if American F-35s and F-22s are actually capable of overcoming Iranian air defense. Because the US will join the war in this case.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 15, 2023, 02:37:09 pm »

I think the US requires congressional approval to go to war? Though I might also just be making that up.

Edit: Yeah, but there are probably ways around it until the Republicans finally bring forward a vote on the speaker.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 02:42:21 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 15, 2023, 03:38:49 pm »

Yes, but also no. You need congressional approval to go to war, but there's a number of military interventions that's not specifically "war" that can be done basically by executive fiat. Air force intervention is pretty comfortably inside those, far as I'm aware. Those carrier groups parked in the med don't need congressional approval to sortie, basically.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 164