Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 879603 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #7050 on: January 15, 2016, 01:45:59 pm »

He shouldn't need to rely on items to be an effective tank. Otherwise, what's the
fuck it, i'm going to shut up because clearly no one is listening anyways

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: January 15, 2016, 01:48:10 pm »

Okay, easy way to figure things out. Take both their sheets. Remove their items and the effects they grant. Who is the better tank? Because if even without the items, the hybrid is better than the tank, that could be a problem.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: January 15, 2016, 01:55:29 pm »

Except they're both tank-hybrids. Ian's just not as good as Motya at healing or tanking, and he's outclassed in flat-out damage by everyone else.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: January 15, 2016, 01:59:20 pm »

He shouldn't need to rely on items to be an effective tank. Otherwise, what's the
fuck it, i'm going to shut up because clearly no one is listening anyways

Wat. Why wouldn't you rely on items to be an effective tank? That's like complaining that you aren't doing enough damage attacking enemies with your bare hands when you have no abilities to boost unarmed damage.

Okay, easy way to figure things out. Take both their sheets. Remove their items and the effects they grant. Who is the better tank? Because if even without the items, the hybrid is better than the tank, that could be a problem.

Motya is still the better tank, mostly because Ian has some weird perks/abilities whereas Motya is more focused on tanking. Ian definitely needs a boost in his abilities as he stands right now.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: January 15, 2016, 02:03:16 pm »

Okay had a look at their sheets, don't know the system too well, don't really look at the IC either, but something does jump out to me. Ian's perks are a hell of a lot more situational and aren't as combat related. He's got a diplomacy bonus to criminals, a bonus to parkour, and a means to farm materials. I mean, they're not bad perks, but they look more like the kind you'd find on a utility character than a hybrid tank. I mean, in comparison, Motya has a melee-counter, regeneration and stat bonuses upon level up.

What about this? Scrap the perks, replace them with something better for combat. Then, give him items that perform the functions of his perks. Like some sort gang-related implement to give the diplo bonus and shoes that boost his parkour? Not too sure whether or not he should keep his material harvest perk as is or as an item. Does it work if he just kills random wildlife? If so, it's better off as a weapon trait so he gets another perk slot. If not, may want to keep it to get better loot.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 02:06:56 pm by Empiricist »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: January 15, 2016, 02:05:41 pm »

Then, Looks more like Ian needs a buff. Elf, you on steam?

Okay had a look at their sheets, don't know the system too well, don't really look at the IC either, but some does jump out to me. Ian's perks are a hell of a lot more situational and aren't as combat related. He's got a diplomacy bonus to criminals, a bonus to parkour, and a means to farm materials. I mean, they're not bad perks, but they look more like the kind you'd find on a utility character than a hybrid tank. I mean, in comparison, Motya has a melee-counter, regeneration and stat bonuses upon level up.

What about this? Scrap the perks, replace them with something better for combat. Then, give him items that perform the functions of his perks. Like some sort gang-related implement to give the diplo bonus and shoes that boost his parkour?

I'm still nto certain why you haven't just joined the game already Emp :P You should :3
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: January 15, 2016, 02:06:48 pm »

Christ. Can't I play some video games for the first actual long period of time I've had this week without this thread going to hell?

I'll get on in a minute, San.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: January 15, 2016, 02:09:14 pm »

Thanks Elf. :D
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: January 15, 2016, 02:21:29 pm »

I'm still nto certain why you haven't just joined the game already Emp :P You should :3
There's too many posts! I'm already skipping half the OOC, I don't need extra IC to read as well! :P

Actually come to think of it, there is a way to make Ian more viable, possibly overpowered even. Wouldn't require any sheet modification, but he'd no longer serve as a tank. He could ignore the current plot and head over to all the criminal syndicates he can find and use his substantial diplomacy bonus, combined with his charm spells and his martial prowess (I'd imagine he's probably still pretty stronger than most people in this world, even if he is overshadowed by the other tanks) to gain their favor. Take out foes with a posse of gangsters and mafia enforcers. He won't even have to summon them since they're joining as NPCs!

Hell if any of the universes have supervillains or something, he could just go and try recruiting as many of them as possible. Use TBF's wormhole character to escape if they get pissed, and just keep trying until he's spoken to as many as he can. He's bound to succeed a fair percentage of the time. Use that influence to increase his ability to gain further allies.

Become an interuniversal crime lord.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 02:24:11 pm by Empiricist »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: January 15, 2016, 02:23:51 pm »

There's too many posts! I'm already skipping half the OOC, I don't need extra IC to read as well! :P

Actually come to think of it, there is a way to make Ian more viable, possibly overpowered even. Wouldn't require any sheet modification, but he'd no longer serve as a tank. He could ignore the current plot and head over to all the criminal syndicates he can find and use his substantial diplomacy bonus, combined with his charm spells and his martial prowess (I'd imagine he's probably still pretty stronger than most people in this world, even if he is overshadowed by the other tanks) to gain their favor. Take out foes with a posse of gangsters and mafia enforcers. He won't even have to summon them since they're joining as NPCs!

Hell if any of the universes have supervillains or something, he could just go and try recruiting as many of them as possible. Use TBF's wormhole character to escape if they get pissed, and just keep trying until he's spoken to as many as he can. He's bound to succeed a fair percentage of the time.

Become an interuniversal crime lord.
I was going to say that I don't care anymore, but that actually sounds pretty fun.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: January 15, 2016, 02:25:59 pm »

ENG is going to be really pissy if he tries that. As in "shoot all of them in the face" pissy. Why would he work alongside confirmed, jailed criminals, when he is from one of the strictest military regimes in the multiverse, which is now stuck in a endless war STARTED by corporate thugs and pirates being used as soldiers to begin with?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: January 15, 2016, 02:27:14 pm »

Or maybe he could.. Not randomly commit murder? ENG should see a therapist.
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: January 15, 2016, 02:27:50 pm »

ENG is going to be really pissy if he tries that. As in "shoot all of them in the face" pissy. Why would he work alongside confirmed, jailed criminals, when he is from one of the strictest military regimes in the multiverse, which is now stuck in a endless war STARTED by corporate thugs and pirates being used as soldiers to begin with?
Well, I mean, he would try.

And then quite possibly get backed up by half the team while the other half back Ian.

Woo, inter party conflict.
That's always a possibility, but ENG does not strike me as the most stable of people, y'know?

I mean, he could try restraint... But I don't see it working for very long.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: January 15, 2016, 02:27:57 pm »

You kidding? he needs to see a therapist, a psychologist, and a freakin medium.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: January 15, 2016, 02:28:16 pm »

Silly SB, Everyone knows there's no therapists anywhere :P
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 1328