Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 884002 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #7860 on: January 22, 2016, 09:57:31 pm »

I suppose I'll be the wizard.  Or, well, the sorcerer, because wizards are boringly set in their ways and all.

@Shadestyle:Magicmaker, huh?  I have that.

Hey, that's an idea...  Make a hero that works off of that system.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: January 22, 2016, 09:59:12 pm »

I suppose I'll be the wizard.  Or, well, the sorcerer, because wizards are boringly set in their ways and all.

@Shadestyle:Magicmaker, huh?  I have that.

Hey, that's an idea...  Make a hero that works off of that system.
Or, here's a crazy idea, Don't be a fucking idiot and use the system everyone else is using.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: January 22, 2016, 10:01:04 pm »

Uh, kj, the game doesn't even exist yet, therefore your argument is invalid.  Also, I'm talking the general idea of building-block type spells.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: January 22, 2016, 10:04:20 pm »

Uh, kj, the game doesn't even exist yet, therefore your argument is invalid.  Also, I'm talking the general idea of building-block type spells.
It's still valid, and it's not my fault considering you tried to do it before.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: January 22, 2016, 10:04:51 pm »

After great deliberation inspired by a discussion in the game I'm GM'ing, I am greatly dissapointed in myself for not making my character a 43-year old middle class woman from Manhattan.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: January 22, 2016, 10:05:16 pm »

Hahahahahahaha.
That would be very humorous.
43-yo female cornerback.
Sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: January 22, 2016, 10:08:57 pm »

Hahahahahahaha.
That would be very humorous.
43-yo female cornerback.

Not even that, just a regular-ass 43 year old Manhattan woman. No powers besides being from New York and having a son-in-law that went to Harvard and he's studying to be a lawyer, which means he's much more grounded than Margret's son who dropped out of college to start a career in music, what a schmuck. 
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: January 22, 2016, 10:09:21 pm »

Also, I'm talking the general idea of building-block type spells.
So like Perplexicon and Lexicon? Because Magicmaker itself is hideously unbalanced. Sure you could create a spell that kills foes with knockback damage, or hit foes in the face with a melee spell before teleporting behind them with a speed buff, but well, and this is what I did, you could just make a spell that smothers everything beneath an enormous barrage of incredibly powerful homing projectiles at the cost of making your FPS plummet.

Seriously. There's a spell component that makes spells start off weak and slow, along with another one that makes them increase in power but change direction every few seconds. With those two combined, you get an inaccurate delayed spell that quickly becomes insanely powerful. Add a component that makes it leave a trail of additional projectiles with the same properties. Give it homing capabilities to make up for the inaccuracy and make the trail projectiles home in, turning it from a spell that lays mines to a spell that creates a rapidly enlarging barrage of death. Add a spell component so that you fire several of those at the same time. With that, you can kill the final boss in one or two spells.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:11:09 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: January 22, 2016, 10:11:57 pm »

@Empiricist:
Take a guess what my spell of choice is like.

I have the game.

The weird thing is, it has crazy knockback...Without any knockback components.
Sigtext

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: January 22, 2016, 10:18:42 pm »

Probably something involving Spider Silk and Crystal Balls. Those are always broken as all hell. Though to be fair, they've gotten less broken than the earlier versions where you can just plant spells on top of foes, or basically make yourself invincible with a wand spell (fairy wings + repulsion gel, since repulsion gel back then gave you full invincibility frames rather than just damage reduction), or when spider silk lasers planted projectiles along their incredibly long length (why yes, you could make a laser that just spins around a foe while obliterating them with an endless deluge of bullets).

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: January 22, 2016, 10:24:36 pm »

Which is why I am basing mine off of one particular spell, Illusion dust, Necromnomicon, Seashell, and spider silk.  Just flood the map with an endless stream of minions and you can kill not just the boss, but everything on screen and in the area as well with thousands of dumb little slimes.

I also like Enchantment  Illusion dust, Seashell, Optic Lens, Crystal ball, and Guillotine for a very efficient kill spell.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:26:37 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: January 22, 2016, 10:24:45 pm »

Yeah, Spider Silk, Crystal Ball, Vulcan Turret, Vampire Tooth, and then all the piercing/bouncing stuff.

It has INSANE knockback and I can't tell why.
Sigtext

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: January 22, 2016, 10:29:03 pm »

It has INSANE knockback and I can't tell why.
I think it's because even without harpy feather, spells have a bit of knockback. Since you're hitting them with a continuous deluge of spells, those tiny taps add up.

-snip-
Judging by the common theme here, you could probably just make a character whose ability is to make objects home into foes while creating temporary duplicates. You could conceivably kill people with just a lit matchstick. Or an unlit matchstick for that matter.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: January 22, 2016, 10:32:41 pm »

Can I please direct your attention to the IC thread, which is distinctly inactive? yeah. we're waiting for some RP here.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: January 22, 2016, 10:33:24 pm »

Alanis is waiting on her conversation partner, I'm waiting on my conversation partner, you're not even in a conversation...
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 1328