Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883993 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #10260 on: February 29, 2016, 09:12:42 pm »

Might not work, it likely has decent STR seeing as it physically threw people aside. I'd try debuffing its STR first, but it might still be too high after debuffs. Wish someone swapped Bloodburst with one of the tanker characters for the Trespasser team.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: February 29, 2016, 09:13:28 pm »

In theory, the boss needs Either arbitrary immunity or 30 Str for guaranteed immunity.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10262 on: February 29, 2016, 09:16:33 pm »

Anyone else got STR buffs or debuffs? Assuming the boss has 30 STR, Woody can drop it down to 19 if buffed with Skittles, assuming it doesn't automatically weaken debuffs placed on it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: February 29, 2016, 09:16:43 pm »

Unfortunately it's too late to switch abilities around, Emp. Not that I see how effective Bloodburst would be in this situation. You kinda have to take melee damage before you can use it after all.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: February 29, 2016, 09:18:56 pm »

also, doesn't it drain RES, not STR?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10265 on: February 29, 2016, 09:19:21 pm »

So far I've come up with the following baseline ideas for a second characters on the notion that one of them would fulfill a role that the party lacked or at least could use more of:

Shapeshifter - Assumes the form of someone else, effectively creating two copies of the same person; can be a Healer as Sandra or ENG one moment and then become an Aesford or Anna take during another. Extremely versatile, but doesn't bring anything new.
Druid - Similar to the shapeshifter, but animals! Has an added focus on summoning/familiars in addition to transformation and possibly some naturey-type magic. Various forms to handle various situations. Less versatile than a true shapeshifter, but has more unique benefits and abilities.
The Artist - Can bring his artistic creations to life, something akin to Sai from Naruto, or Maxwell from Scribblenauts, but cooler. As a caveat, he has a limit to what he can create at one time and its all temporary. Flexible support.
The Rapper - The modern bard, spits hot fire to invigorate his team, because I don't think we have a dedicate buff character yet.
The Robot - Big ole' robot, less versatile than Big Daddy or TBF's proposed Droid; would focus on purely one thing, maybe all offense or all defense. Highly specialized.
Donald Trump Expy - In a team dominated by overemotional magical girls and corrupted jaded has-been heroes, the savior comes in the form of a fearless mogul: Let's Make The Multiverse Great Again. More serious version of Austin, but still only about half-serious. Role would be...something.
The Honeypot - Future girl with hybrid of power attacks and healing. Based off an ER character. Also, because this game needs more sexually fluid young women. Has the butt to concur them all, so there's that I suppose.

I haven't limited my options to these, these are just the ones that I thought over for a while and believe have some utility.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:55:21 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10266 on: February 29, 2016, 09:20:55 pm »

>Donald Trump character
>Serious
What.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: February 29, 2016, 09:21:28 pm »

>Donald Trump character
>Half-Serious
What.

Corrected.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: February 29, 2016, 09:22:55 pm »

Yeah I know, I was lamenting that fact. Melee baiting may have been possible seeing as it seems to be a more melee-oriented unit.

Most Woody can do alone would be a debuff of -16. It'll need two turns to set up, require Lynch's help for both, and dispels all debuffs afterwards.

It debuffs multiple stats. Actually, if it weren't for the fact that the Trespasser team needed a debuffer, I would have sent Woody off with Sandra, Motya, and Ian since Press Advantage works wonders if a foe has a lot of debuffs on it.

Shapeshifter sounds very useful.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: February 29, 2016, 09:26:09 pm »

Yeah I know, I was lamenting that fact. Melee baiting may have been possible seeing as it seems to be a more melee-oriented unit.

Most Woody can do alone would be a debuff of -16. It'll need two turns to set up, require Lynch's help for both, and dispels all debuffs afterwards.

It debuffs multiple stats. Actually, if it weren't for the fact that the Trespasser team needed a debuffer, I would have sent Woody off with Sandra, Motya, and Ian since Press Advantage works wonders if a foe has a lot of debuffs on it.

Shapeshifter sounds very useful.
ENG's "For the republic" inflicts suppression with ranged attacks, which lowers the enemy's DEX. he also attacks twice with it active.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10270 on: February 29, 2016, 09:27:07 pm »

Hey Emp, can you tell me why Advise only debuffs enemies by INT/2 for three turns when it's level 5? Doesn't that seem kinda... underpowered for an action that's been improved 4 times? I can't imagine how useless Advise must have been at level 1.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10271 on: February 29, 2016, 09:30:07 pm »

Hey Emp, can you tell me why Advise only debuffs enemies by INT/2 for three turns when it's level 5? Doesn't that seem kinda... underpowered for an action that's been improved 4 times? I can't imagine how useless Advise must have been at level 1.
I dunno. Elf said that a debuff of just INT by itself was too powerful (since you know, right now he'd inflict a -23 if that was the case). So I guess, I could try INT*(2/3) or something like that? Might be because it can target any stat, but that ought to be covered entirely by the relevant perk.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: February 29, 2016, 09:31:56 pm »

I would try it, yeah. That might make more sense to me. Or at least ask San/Elf about it, because it is a level 5 action.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10273 on: February 29, 2016, 09:32:45 pm »

Do the rapper. You'd be really fuckin' useful on my plot. And fit in as well.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10274 on: February 29, 2016, 09:40:11 pm »

Okay. Requesting an increase in Advise's scaling (probably AFTER this battle) seeing as it's a Level 5 debuff that can't even stack the same types.
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 1328