Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 884015 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #13155 on: March 24, 2016, 10:57:34 pm »

I spruced Chartre up a bit.
Consider having some sort of Taunt or otherwise Tanky Action. Because all that Magic Resistance is only going to pay off if the enemy mages continue hitting him with spells. Wait actually, consider making For All your Charades... into a Taunt that redirects the victim's next Magical Attack at him. That way, Disabling Strike will mess up a mage either way, since either they lose their spells, or get stuck using them against someone who tanks them like nobodies' business. Desummoning Field, when it actually gets used, will be utterly hilarious.

Oh, and for Evridiki, wait and see if we get any healers, then do your restat (if at all). Her Chemicals will be far more useful if she actually has the free turns to use them. If it doesn't look like she does, consider sacrificing Every Second Counts for a Perk that gives each of her Chemicals a limited number of uses per battle, but also allowing her allies to use them (preferably as Free Actions, but that isn't mandatory). Letting people self-administer or give allies Inaprovaline will probably fill in the same "ensure that that an ally on low health doesn't get knocked out" role, just in a different way. Alternatively go for a "1 extra Action every 3 Turns" perk like Anna and Motya.

Here are some incomplete sheets for Alanis. They have not spent any Action Points at all and have no equipment listed. Some have unspent Perk and Action Slots. Because let's face it, she's about to get nerfed hard, so might as well just rebuild her from scratch.
Spoiler: True Tank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Defensive Support (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Steady Damage (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Burst Damage (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:39:15 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13156 on: March 24, 2016, 11:06:12 pm »

alanis splits into 4
now there are as many alan/alanises as there are dios
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13157 on: March 24, 2016, 11:06:23 pm »

Well, remember, it's the GM's decision what bosses are immune and aren't immune to, and Elf doesn't want bosses to have their actions taken -- as it is now, the skill doesn't do that, and also makes things easier for everyone else to deal with.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13158 on: March 24, 2016, 11:15:08 pm »

Well, remember, it's the GM's decision what bosses are immune and aren't immune to, and Elf doesn't want bosses to have their actions taken -- as it is now, the skill doesn't do that, and also makes things easier for everyone else to deal with.
Ah, fair enough then.

Sanure: Mysterious Human should scale.

Elf: Heavenward Strike needs to specify whether it takes into account buffs, debuffs, boosts and status ailments. You know, so she doesn't try using it only to find that it does nothing because her foe's offensive stats have been debuffed to oblivion.

Twi: Looks good, especially since you can just spam omnihugs to debuff everything :P She's definitely Tankier too.

alanis splits into 4
Five actually. You just don't see Tank-Cannon Alanis because she's hiding under Sanure's bed, waiting for him to just make a single slip up when talking about Transformations, so that she may be unleashed into this world :P

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13159 on: March 24, 2016, 11:18:11 pm »

Emp, I'm curious of what your thoughts are on Contagion. Keep it brief for your own sanity, pal :P
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13160 on: March 24, 2016, 11:37:31 pm »

Sanure: Mysterious Human should scale.

alanis splits into 4
Five actually. You just don't see Tank-Cannon Alanis because she's hiding under Sanure's bed, waiting for him to just make a single slip up when talking about Transformations, so that she may be unleashed into this world :P

I'm not worried about Mysterious human, as that gives a -15 damage threshold, which is basically to prevent her dying early. It's also going to be removed when the event is triggered.

Please no.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13161 on: March 24, 2016, 11:52:48 pm »

Emp, I'm curious of what your thoughts are on Contagion. Keep it brief for your own sanity, pal :P
He has -2 Action Points. He's spent 12, but he only has 10.

You might want to try and work SYN scaling into as much as you can right now, see if you can even make his damage over time Status Effects scale a bit with it. After all you've maxed it out for this Level, so you may as well milk it for all it's worth. Plus all the Damage Over Time effects I've seen thus far have been pretty anemic. Go ask a GM how much damage a Level 2 attack that has its damage delayed for 5 turns, has a 2 turn cooldown and which cannot be used on a foe already afflicted by it should do. Use that as a rough guide for how much Pinpoint Toxins ought to do in total.

Big Boom really ought to deal more damage. Assuming I understand Basic Attacks correctly, he deals 1d14 damage thanks to his Kalashnikov with a +10 from DEX, bringing it up to an average damage per hit of 17.5 before damage reduction. Big Boom on the other hand has an average damage of 13. Now even if it had +10 from SYN, it'd only be at 23. What's the problem? Well, even with a 1.5x Damage Multiplier (and if memory serves most Damage Boosted Strikes would deal more than that by Level 2), an Action expressed as a powered up Basic Attack deals more damage. Which is a problem, since those kinds of Actions have no drawbacks at all. While Big Boom, on the other hand, requires a specific Status Effect only Contagion can inflict. So it really ought to be significantly more powerful than it is now.

He's trying to do a bit too much in my opinion, in between damage, buffing and setting people on fire. Consider having some sort of Free Action with cooldown that removes the additional effects of a Single-Target Attack but converts it into AoE in return. That might be able to let you condense Ignition and Gaseous Toxins into the same Free Action, with the actual power dependent on their single-target counterparts. Or consider making his toxic fumes flammable, allowing you to remove Poison for Burst Damage by igniting the gas like a fuel-air bomb.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13162 on: March 25, 2016, 12:30:42 am »

finished shinju arc
woooooooo
* Powder Miner sleeps

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13163 on: March 25, 2016, 12:34:53 am »

no anime is complete without absolutely fucking massive amounts of content to look at
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13164 on: March 25, 2016, 01:14:30 am »

Elf, you may want to define what Seemingly Helpless means by "most villains". Because the way I'm currently reading it is as "mustache-twirling villains with over-complicated death traps", that is, it's not going to affect Trespassers and most of their omnicidal minions.

Also, like Twin said, she's got an unspent Perk Slot.

Oh and since it could be a useful basis for giving other characters skills, what happens when Combat Expertise is upgraded? As in, how much do its bonuses improve by? Is it possible for a character to just blow three of their Actions Slots on copies of that?

Blitz, buff 3-Hit Combo. It started with an 0.8x Multiplier, but both Transform Attack and Combo Break dealed full damage per hit at Level 1.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:57:02 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13165 on: March 25, 2016, 02:37:09 am »

That's exactly what I mean, Emp. That and supervillains.

I'm aware.

Stuff. I'll think about it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13166 on: March 25, 2016, 02:44:53 am »

That's exactly what I mean, Emp. That and supervillains.
Okay, I was just confirming that the argument about it a week or so back was just another one of those comical misunderstandings.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13167 on: March 25, 2016, 03:00:47 am »

rip in rip

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13168 on: March 25, 2016, 03:08:21 am »

rip in rip
You realize I wasn't actually in the debate for once right? I think it was just between you and KJ :P

Hey Elf, how much damage should an Action with the drawback of having the actual attack being delayed by 5 turns, being unable to target the same foe until the first one hits, and having a 2 Turn Cooldown do?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13169 on: March 25, 2016, 03:11:49 am »

rip in rip

Also, 4d6+(Applicable Stat). Is this basically a shittier version of Future Sight? :P
Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 1328