Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 886 887 [888] 889 890 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 884109 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #13305 on: March 25, 2016, 07:55:38 pm »

Roll RES vs. the remaining damage.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13306 on: March 25, 2016, 08:07:23 pm »

So... Sanure, about the Summoning revamp, what should we expect? Guidelines for how a Summon's stats, interacts with Summoning Action costs, usage limits and whatnot? How leveling up the Summoning Action affect it or the summon? Would it permit the mass summoning of "Missile" entities with limited lifespans that each lock-on to a single foe and repeatedly try to use an attack that results in their own destruction if successful but which always gives their target a chance to dodge? Would it require PC-like Summons (Mint Gale, Lynch) to have some sort of restriction so that people don't just give each character one of them for use as pseudo Tertiary and Quaternary PCs? :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13307 on: March 25, 2016, 08:11:58 pm »

I just hope Gozer does not get a nerf, or if he does, that it allows me to re-balance Dackly as a result, since my sheet was Sanure approved beforehand.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13308 on: March 25, 2016, 08:16:10 pm »

I'm more interested in how it can be used to make ghastly phantasms that lock-on to people and attack them non-stop like some sort of damage over time effect that can be dispelled by punching; missiles that take a while to hit, are locked to a single target, can be dodged, desummoned or shot down, trading reliability for raw power and a bit of targeting flexibility; and overlays that are basically inert with all their Actions focused on altering or empowering their summoner like a pseudo-supermode or transformation.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13309 on: March 25, 2016, 09:01:37 pm »

Oh lord Emp...

But yeah, Summons is going to get a clearer outline of how they work as well as having certain types of summons have restrictions on use.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13310 on: March 25, 2016, 09:04:47 pm »

Oh lord Emp...
If it's any consolation, Charte can still dispel all of those! :P

Just watch as he dispels ghastly phantasms, magical form shifts, giant ritual circles, and missile barrages.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13311 on: March 25, 2016, 09:31:18 pm »

if it helps, I will not be using Desummoning Field on things that are more or less concretely tangible in nature and no longer sustained at all by magic

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13312 on: March 25, 2016, 09:39:48 pm »

if it helps, I will not be using Desummoning Field on things that are more or less concretely tangible in nature and no longer sustained at all by magic
No that's fine, if someone uses the Summoning system for that sort of application, it's still perfectly reasonable for him to be able to dispel it with a dedicated action. Plus everything mentioned other than the missiles were perfectly magical. And the missiles might be magical :P

What.
Alanis with a Transformation Perk. Her default form would be an incredibly Durable build with Kinetic Shell emphasis and her Status Effect infliction Actions. After Untapped Potential builds up to massive proportions, and her foes are suffering from ailments, and she's safely inside a Kinetic Shell, she'd swap back out into her usual Glass Cannon build, killing everything.

And then Sanure will go to bed and cry while Elf stabs everyone ever.
I will murder alanis before that happens....
Oh wow.
Yeah, that build went from "an example of why Elf and Sanure need to be very, very careful with Transformation rules and mechanics" to "the boogeyman beneath Sanure's bed, waiting for him to just one tiny little mistake".

I will murder alanis before that happens....
Yeah, but it isn't just Alanis. Anyone with two Perk Slots they're willing to repurpose could theoretically just fill them with a Stat Ramp-Up and a Tranformation. She's like the Metagame's Echidna-equivalent. The progenitor of all the Ramp-Cannons.
Burning it with fire.
Alanis kills your fire with water dude.
hence why I'm using the Amaterasu fires.
I'd suggest a new slot, a Signature slot. Greater in power than even Perks but you get one per character, full stop. No exceptions, no nothing.

These are for PC-Grade Summons, Ramp Up and non-supermode/gimpmode Transformations. The sort of incredibly powerful effects that come to define a character. Other effects they could have (since the only current PCs who would have them already filled would be Aesford (PC-Grade Summon), Alanis (Ramp-Up), Dackly (PC-Grade Summon), and Shirogane (Complete Tranformation)), could be something like "Perk effect but even more potent", "Greatly raise the cap of one stat", "Sacrifice slot for two more Perks", etc.

The fact that there's only one prevents the Ramp-Tanks from ever existing. As well as ensuring no one can summon more than one PC-Grade character.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13313 on: March 25, 2016, 09:44:39 pm »

I won't do it because it doesn't fit fluffwise, specifically -- his shtick is derived from his Semblance, which just puts down Semblances... or, now in the whole multidimension world, neutralizes magic. He doesn't have the fluff ability to banish robots or stuff.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13314 on: March 25, 2016, 09:46:28 pm »

Well, there goes my mental image of someone summoning a colossal monstrosity only for Charte to flip it off, prompting it to run away crying :P

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13315 on: March 25, 2016, 09:53:29 pm »

[I HAVE COME TO END YOUR PITIFUL LIVES! THE END OF ALL HAS COME!]
"fuk off u fukin fuk"
[SH-SHUT UP! WAAAAAAAAAHHHH]
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13316 on: March 25, 2016, 10:04:08 pm »

What does everyone here think of a Skill where Dackly calls down orbital bombardment from her soon to be new ship?

Flashes from the Heavens: Deal 1d10 Damage to all enemies, Blind them by INT% for 1d4 Turns

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13317 on: March 25, 2016, 10:08:16 pm »

Could make it an item with limited uses per battle if we're talking mechanically.

If we're talking fluff-wise, well, try to make sure the ship doesn't crash into any satellites and that you don't try to use it indoors or underground :P

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13318 on: March 25, 2016, 10:17:02 pm »

Well, crunch wise, the limited use comes from having to pay credits to restock it, and it only being usable in open air or certain areas.

And sometimes, you WANT to use it Underground or in buildings... Heheheheheheheh.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13319 on: March 25, 2016, 10:18:43 pm »

I mean, does it have to be an Action that you have to spend points on? You could try making it an item, like a target designator or something that is linked to the state of the ship.
Pages: 1 ... 886 887 [888] 889 890 ... 1328