Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883312 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #14985 on: April 08, 2016, 11:45:34 pm »

simuna spouting philosophy left and right dang man
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14986 on: April 09, 2016, 12:06:19 am »

-snip-
They'll be starting off at the same level as the other PCs, which I believe (I don't really check the IC) is Level 6. Giving them a stat pool (before factoring in bonus point perks) of 38, an additional Perk slot (bringing the total up to 4), and 10 Action Points to allocate.

Oh and if you are planning on using summons you may want to wait for the summoning revamp, because right now, summons are horribly broken.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #14987 on: April 09, 2016, 12:27:22 am »

Broken as in they don't work correctly or broken as in they're badly balanced? I could always convert them into some sort of spell working from an "ammunition" pool. Doesn't work quite as nice flavor-wise but should neatly sidestep the issue for now.

Also, will fix.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 12:29:02 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14988 on: April 09, 2016, 12:32:05 am »

Broken as in badly balanced, though they'll be fixed as soon as Elf's internet is working again. I mean it's perfectly fine to use them, I'm just noting that if you do, you may need to alter them later when the update comes around.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #14989 on: April 09, 2016, 12:47:45 am »

Might I inquire as to what parts of them are badly balanced? I could always implement some sort of stopgap measure such as having them at half my PC's level.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14990 on: April 09, 2016, 12:48:34 am »

Might I inquire as to what parts of them are badly balanced? I could always implement some sort of stopgap measure such as having them at half my PC's level.
Elf isn't interested in that. Trust me, I already asked.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #14991 on: April 09, 2016, 12:51:29 am »

* KingMurdoc shrugs

Iunno. I'm not trying to powergame here or anything (I've actually had to stop and nerf my equipment a couple times because having two items giving level-based bonuses seemed kind of broke), but I do want summons for the flavor of the character.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14992 on: April 09, 2016, 12:53:45 am »

Most glaringly? The fact that a Level 1 Action by itself can let you summon a PC-grade summon. That's the main balancing concern. So that bit you won't have to worry much about.

The rest of the work that might affect you, is probably just them writing out actual guidelines for how summon stats and Action Levels interact instead of forcing everyone to eyeball it.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #14993 on: April 09, 2016, 01:59:11 am »

Alright, I think I've finished.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14994 on: April 09, 2016, 02:38:40 am »

Firstly, you've only used 5 out of your 10 Action Points since upgrades only cost one point.

To be clear, Dolls can only act when Command Dolls is used, right? You may want to give Share Vision a mechanical effect.

Also, she doesn't really seem to have any Action that derives benefit from Great Fortitude. Which might be an issue seeing as I don't think any fatigue/exhaustion-based Status Effects, save those inflicted as the Recoil Effect of a Perk or Action, have popped up yet.

Elf, internet fixed yet? Or are you beginning to consider the feasibility stabbing your service provider and repurposing their circulatory system as a makeshift ethernet cable? :P
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 02:42:48 am by Empiricist »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #14995 on: April 09, 2016, 02:43:08 am »

Oh, I thought the 5 basic actions also cost points. I'll fix that.

The dolls act based on simple orders. So, if she gives the order for all Attack Dolls to attack a target at range, they'll do so on their own.

I was honestly scraping for perk ideas, I'll probably just replace that with something else.

EDIT: Haven't upped actions yet. Share Vision now gives a critical chance buff. Great Fortitude replaced with Analytic, which decreases the efficacy of using the same action multiple times against her.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 02:52:56 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14996 on: April 09, 2016, 02:59:02 am »

Might want to include the Command Dolls nuances then. And yes the 2 Basic Actions and 5 Main Actions you start off with are free. Additional Main Actions cost 2 Action Points each.

Hold onto Friends! for now, but depending on how the summoning revamp goes you might not actually need it (neither Mint Gale nor The Lynch Beast are backed by Perks).

If you're thinking of replacing Great Fortitude, consider something like Transpherical Brain or Relentless Assault, both of which grant an extra action every 3 turns (which cannot be stockpiled) could be helpful seeing as it opens up quite a few combinations for her such as Summon Doll + Command Dolls to have a new Doll act from the get-go, Counter + Taunt to draw attacks and retaliate, or really just being able to use her Dolls while still acting as a Tank. Alternatively you could have a Perk that has a chance to use Counter while using Taunt. Analytic is indeed quite good for a Tank to have.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #14997 on: April 09, 2016, 03:07:17 am »

Didn't realize main actions took two points, let me make a few final edits.

EDIT: Friends! could be reworked into a passive of some variety, buffing diplomacy/etc. rolls (the perk comes from her wish.) Alternatively I could drop it and work her Intelligence score into combat somehow, but right now it's mostly just an RP thing, justifying having perks like Analytic.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 03:17:55 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14998 on: April 09, 2016, 03:22:23 am »

Character accepted, but I'll need to have another look at their stats and stuff and assign equip stats. Also, Emp is correct about the rework being soon.

I'm hoping that our new Internet provider is less stupid than the last one.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14999 on: April 09, 2016, 03:32:45 am »

but right now it's mostly just an RP thing, justifying having perks like Analytic.
Don't worry too much about having stats that justify her RP, because they're just arbitrary names. I mean some of the characters who purportedly made their own weapons have low INT, not to mention that gear probably wouldn't boost anyone's actual intelligence.

Because otherwise if BOXWOOD's gear was any indication, everyone would just bury themselves in mounds of toy books and monocles before proceeding to revolutionize every single field of science.

I'm hoping that our new Internet provider is less stupid than the last one.
Okay, so not quite "ethernet cable made from a repurpose circulatory system", but still :P I take it time till your internet connection's back up has gotten increased again? Hopefully you won't have to go through all this when you move the second time.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 03:40:32 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 1328