Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1129 1130 [1131] 1132 1133 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 884159 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #16950 on: April 18, 2016, 06:18:11 pm »

Speaking of actions, can someone find the actions for my plot? They kind of got lost in all the HERO plot posts.

And speaking of actions, something about capital-A Actions: There needs to be some kind of default cooldown, I think, to stop people from spamming high-damage actions or many-hit actions with no variation. As is, it'd be completely possible to make a character with one or two good attack actions, which they level up to hell and then have the rest of their actions be passives.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16951 on: April 18, 2016, 06:23:13 pm »

Speaking of actions, can someone find the actions for my plot? They kind of got lost in all the HERO plot posts.

And speaking of actions, something about capital-A Actions: There needs to be some kind of default cooldown, I think, to stop people from spamming high-damage actions or many-hit actions with no variation. As is, it'd be completely possible to make a character with one or two good attack actions, which they level up to hell and then have the rest of their actions be passives.
Uh...Yeah, that's a thing.  It sacrifices versatility for power.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16952 on: April 18, 2016, 06:26:55 pm »

and clearly it is a thing that is not working out for the current game balance

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16953 on: April 18, 2016, 06:28:59 pm »

The action isn't actually the only thing. Spamming levels on passives can be broken too.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16954 on: April 18, 2016, 06:34:28 pm »

I think adding levels should add effects instead of just direct power.

Stats are supposed to add power.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16955 on: April 18, 2016, 06:35:37 pm »

And then you have an action that simultaneously poisons, paralyses, magic-binds, strength-binds, and damages the target.
Sigtext!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16956 on: April 18, 2016, 06:38:34 pm »

And it still isn't as bad as if it just did 5 Times more damage than the level 1 version.

Besides, Hopefully people are intelligent enough to not just ignore their character theming.

It would be more like some people are doing, with levels being listed under the skill as additional effects.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16957 on: April 18, 2016, 06:39:36 pm »

*glances at Emp*
Sigtext!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16958 on: April 18, 2016, 06:41:04 pm »

Meh, This is the sort of thing that is solved with Genuine reasonable discussion between GM and player rather than Stricter rules that end up ruining other balanced things.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #16959 on: April 18, 2016, 07:21:49 pm »

^^^so much this

a freeform system like this will never be inherently balanced, by virtue of being freeform. It's up to the players to not game the fuck out of it.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16960 on: April 18, 2016, 07:42:29 pm »

Hey Emp/Elf, I want to put forth a suggestion for Dackly's next level that I talked over with San, due to what seems to be overwhelming hatred of the skill

Petrify Level 4: Anytime a Unique enemy resists or otherwise is immune to this skill, Dackly gains a "Grudge", every 10 Grudges, Dackly gains 2 skillpoints as though she leveled up, these cannot be put in Petrify, or a skill that is directly related to petrify.

Considering Nothing should be resistant to it balance or fluffwise, especially balancewise, it is ultimately a useless level in it, but one i feel is neccecary, and after discussion, it was clear SOMETHING needed to be done.

It is balanced, since Ideally, this would only really happen once or twice per plot, on the final bosses that get a second wind, and by extension, normal killing would not work against either, and against Plot immune enemies that aren't supposed to be killed yet.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16961 on: April 18, 2016, 07:45:21 pm »

Fluff-wise, I don't hate the skill. It makes sense.

Game-wise, it's insta-death that literally cannot be avoided in any way other than arbitrary immunity or high HP.
Sigtext!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16962 on: April 18, 2016, 07:46:29 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It ONLY petrifies them once the hate stacks exeed their health, it is literaly a normal attack with pure damage that gives a special item drop mechanically.

Let me show you.

-Level 3 Petrify: Dackly floods a target with her hateful glare, dealing 2d4x(Int/4)[+5 from Dackly's Amazing Armor] pure damage which bypass all immunities, if this skill has been used on them, when they die, they are petrified, and their soul becomes a statue worth their level in statue points.

This is the exact same skill, but it does not use hatred stacks.

San examined it and deemed it mechanically sound for being literally normal pure damage with a special mechanic.

It deals a maximum of 16 damage, and a minimum of 4 for gods sake (Ignoring the armor that buffs it by a flat 5 damage)  How is that insta-death without arbitrary immunity?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:01:00 pm by Shadestyle »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16963 on: April 18, 2016, 08:05:57 pm »

Shade, Change the Bypasses all immunities to all General Immunities. Other than that, I did approve it.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16964 on: April 18, 2016, 08:07:56 pm »

Good god I misread that skill badly and I apologize for that. I generally assume that multiplication=a lot of damage, and didn't even notice the small dice it used.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1129 1130 [1131] 1132 1133 ... 1328