Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 879518 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

sayako is best ship tbh
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Stabs Empi [OOC]: More Tinker
« Reply #17913 on: May 02, 2016, 05:48:20 am »

1. 3-Turn Buff that increases raw damage output by x%. How high will x be at Level 1, and how much will it increase with each level up?

2. 1-Turn Buff that gives the user 1-Turn Shielding or a RES Buff proportional to the amount of damage they deal this turn. Yay or nay?

3. Action that at Level 1 reduces the cooldown on the target action by 2 (as in it reduces the cooldown remaining at time of casting, it doesn't reduce how much cooldown it has with each use, locks for something such as for Mankai will not be considered to be a cooldown). Permissible?

4. Is it possible to have a Passive Action that just grants resistance to a kind of effect? Such as say, Level*10% Stun Resist?

5. Is it possible to have a Free Action with cooldown that duplicates a buff's effect at reduced power on the caster?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

* Sl4cker beats everyone on the head with a metal sign that reads "CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, HO"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not enough capitalism.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

inb4 idou becomes a real estate agent
inb4 asuka disappears and no one ever knows if she finished her education in one piece
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

http://2new1.fjcdn.com/pictures/Diy+nightmare+lamp_abb784_5905905.jpg

Here is the plan

Dackly creates a hate converter using her whip when she makes it, so she can now store hatred stacks, then uses those to power these things.

Take one dolls head, an ornate base, 4 stone quadcopter blades, and Periw providing hard light functionality for hateshard fire and pole spikes that provide petrification over time, and give them a rudimentary AI to follow and be commanded.

I'm thinking the stats would be this

Name: Level 1 Cherubim Options

Effects: Add 1d6 Hatred stacks to an ally's Attack or an enemy per turn, Along with 1d4 normal damage if helping an ally attack, Each Cherubim equipped on the same person adds one extra damage and hate stack to this. Once a Cherubim picks an ally or a target, they cannot be changed until Combat is over.
Enemy takes an intimidation check at the start of conflict, and then another one every time a cherubim takes it's notice off them and back on again, since it scares the hell out of them when they suddenly start chasing them down.
These have 1 Health, but a 70% chance to dodge attacks directed at them. Upon death, they must be repaired costing at least 500 Credits apiece.

Description: Creepy Dolls Heads equipped with Quad Rotors and Hard Light machine guns from their eyes and mouths, and the capability to project Hard Light Barbs infused with hatred to attack to a foe.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

*Sanure nopes the shit out of here*
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, remember when you were complaining that no one came to you for tinkering? Well, now you know why - you were too busy running away to respond :P

1. Is it possible to have a Perk that makes buffs inflicted by the user dispel-resistent? As in, buffs will only have their durations reduced rather than dispelled outright (though if an effect hits zero duration, it gets removed anyway)?

2. Is it possible to have a Perk that grants additional Action Points every few Levels?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:23:28 am by Empiricist »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Yeah, the trick's in figuring out how to tie it to the card-based combat system and introduce the customization that your intended audience craves. I mean as is, combat looks like it'd be slower and more methodical seeing as you'd have to prepare everything in advance by using the payphones seeing as looking for a payphone in the middle of a battle might not be the best idea.

Perhaps it could be done as a way to handle deck building, with each phonecall adding a card to the character's arsenal or providing other effects? I mean it'd introduce more planning and whatnot, so that option depends on whether or not people are okay with having to actually make long-term plans beyond "every continue doing what you're doing in combat". Alternatively, I guess you could have everyone run around carrying weaponized payphones, just using them as clubs and whatnot that may be used to cast magic during combat and progressively pimping them out with physical and magical upgrades :P

Yeah. I think that the easiest thing to do would be to have each phonecard/whatever be tied to a player, so that they can customize its effects or something. Additional phonecards with fixed abilities can also be included and swapped around from character to character. Having the number of phonecards you can hold at one time be modified by the number of payphones you control could be an interesting, if punishing, idea. Having everything planned out ahead of time and focused on indirect combat would be a major focus of the game. Mind you, I'm not too confident about my ability as a GM to do this idea justice. It seems to me like it would end up with all of the players scattered about, doing their own thing and not interacting all that much. I was thinking of going along a similar tangent and having a MMO party/group get caught up in the supernatural, since the party would then have a natural kind of cohesion to keep together while barely knowing each other for delicious drama and/or shipping.

Alternatively I guess I could go with something more light-hearted, since we already have a few 'serious' RPs going. Something like monstergirls bumbling around. Or pseudo-archaeologists misinterpreting stuff ala the History Channel. I don't know. That's why I'm so receptive to ideas right now.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

MONSTERGIRLS

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Alternatively psuedo-biologists misinterpreting monstergirl behavior.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

MONSTERGIRLS

Calm down, Elf. I haven't settled on anything yet, you know.

Alternatively psuedo-biologists misinterpreting monstergirl behavior.

It's hard to misinterpret monstergrill behavior when they can talk, you know. Well, no harder than misinterpreting human behavior.
Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 ... 1328