Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 884168 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might NPC-ify Volx for her, tbh. Sorry Volx. (unless, as mentioned, someone wants to play him)
-nerf list-
Native Goddess of a Dead World - Fine under the old status quo, but like Hero of the Shinju, it might be three Perks in one (Environment Resist, Faith-based Bonuses, Disaster Catalyzation). Tentative approval from me, since Shade saw nothing wrong with it and I trust his judgement on this. I mean, I guess it could be abusable in the right circumstances, as some sort of mutually-assured destruction kind of threat, but that shouldn't come up often. Or at all, really.
"I say you should vote for Trump!"
"I say you shut your whore mouth before I make this volcano erupt and kill everyone here."

Dancer on the Storms of Battle - It's already a 33% Passive Dodge Rate. That's kinda high. I mean, yes it's debuffable, but it's also buffable. Garnt's Honed Reflexes only grants 25% static. Either switch it to 25% or make it decay (by a significant amount) with each attack she dodges this turn. Also, consider whether or not this is needed for her build, or her flavor. If it's only the latter, you could just flavor her as being less durable and simply just dodging most attacks her way, only taken damage from them grazing her, sort of like with BOXWOOD.

Speed of the Flickering Flames - Well, I can't find any Perks like this in Shade's nerf list, so I guess it's fine for now. It's certainly fine by previous standards.

Strength of the Earth from Faith - Scaling. It's been a while since I've last said this, I know. Express the boost in terms of of her Level or as a percentage of those stats. Because the higher her level, the more negligible this effect becomes as-is.

A Sword from a Dead World - I think weapons might just be stat-sticks, so Focus might be redundant unless you mean it allows conversion of Melee Type into Ranged Type.

Disaster Goddess's Robes - Rather weak for Level 6. Also, one of the few pieces of armor I've seen that grants ailment resistance. Not that it's bad, just a rare sight here.

Blade Barrage - Shove points into this. It's allowed, and most of her attacks Overlay on this.

Parry - It's, okay. Nothing wrong with it, just that it could cause a bit of confusion with Garnt's Main Action of the same name. Still, since she's offensively focused, you could turn it into some sort of "Graze" that takes additional damage from Melee, but which negates Ranged and possibly gives a 1-Turn Damage Boost against whoevers attacks were negated.

Storm Sign "Furious Tempest" - You might want to turn this into a Basic Attack Overlay like all her other attacks, that way it also benefits from investing Action Points into Blade Barrage. So it'd be an AoE with damage proportional to an Basic Attack.

Earth Sign "Shattering Ground" - You probably want some mechanical grounding in this. Could be as loose as "the enemy's action description or turn description explicitly mentions moving" or as stringent as "the enemy dodges or performs a melee attack on a non-pinned target".

Earth and Fire Sign "Eruption" - A bit too anemic. Try two Basic Attacks at half damage, with SYN rather than DEX, and the second one is Pure. Or maybe one SYN-based Basic Attack as Pure at, 75% power or so.

Fire Sign "Dancing Flame" - Invert it. Rather than applying an ailment that decreases damage reduction proportional to SYN, apply an ailment that increases damage taken proportional to SYN. It'll be pretty much the same, except with no wastage (i.e. it will land full-force even if they have 0 RES). Might be trying to do too much at once. Consider making the debuff scale in proportion to the Basic Attack in exchange for making it deal no damage. You might get more bang for your buck that way.

Building Disaster - You might want to just eat a nerf on its cap and change this into a damage boost you can spend like Chryssa's Energy Point system. Or alternatively replace a Perk with a form of unstable ramp-up where a proportion of damage dealt the previous turn is added to Basic Attack damage this turn (building faith by damaging foes basically). Both of those, with the proposed changes to Furious Tempest and Dancing Flame would make empower every single one of her Main Actions rather than just being a "hit harder" or "win more" that just wastes points you could have pumped into Blade Barrage.

Okay, so, Mitsurugi is a Damage Dealer with an emphasis on Multi-Hits and Basic Attack Overlays. Firstly, pump Action Points into Basic Attack, and with the aforementioned changes, it will improve every single aspect of her, save for Basic Defense (and even that to an extent, if it becomes Graze). Secondly, her dodge Perk is not a vital part of her build, so you should really aim to just flavor her as being weak but being good enough at dodging to only take damage from grazes and ditch that. Because right now, it's taking up a slot that could be used to power up her Basic Attack further, grant her ramp-up, or give various other effects.

Next, with her multi-hit focus, what you'd want are effects that have a chance of activating with each attack, because she'll be making plenty of attacks. RES is her greatest foe, but that doesn't mean you should just try directly countering it, rather what you'd want to do is give her ways to raise the damage of each hit by a constant, rather than reducing the effects of RES. Because that way, it'll be worth it even against foes with 0 RES.

Right now, Building Disaster is doing her more harm than good, because it's tying up four Action Points that could have been used to power up specific Actions, or her Basic Attack (which would in turn, power up all its Overlays), and using up an Action Slot that could have held a Basic Attack boosting Passive. It, paradoxically, uses the assumption that she deals enough damage to fill it up and make it worth it, while using the resources that are required to make that assumption true. It's a self-negating in nature right now, so please do replace it.

And yes, if you're going to have that many multi-hit overlays, you may as well turn everything into an overlay, preferably with multi-hits, that way, anything that boosts either of those characteristics will power up her entire arsenal.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

jesus christ
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

jesus christ
'S pretty long, innit?

Though, while you're here Emp, d'you have any advice on how to make Lightning Spear less shit?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

and how to level up Sandra, if possible
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Firstly, I'm not entirely sure too many, if any battles have gone beyond 10 turns. I mean, you could probably throw one every single turn and not run the risk of running out. Might want to just make it something like Sunlight Spear instead and give it far fewer uses, (my rough estimate is 3, maybe even less). Hell you might want to even make it only refresh at the end of a plot or something in exchange for even more power. It's granted by a Perk, something normally reserved only for Limit Breaks, eats up a Bauble Slot alongside Falling Star, and has limited uses per battle. Hell, as far as I know, no one has anything this specialized.

Mio and Aesford have supermodes that improve every aspect of their game. Kurosawa gets one Limit Break per Main Action. This is the only Perk I know of that grants a single attacking Action.

So yeah, you could give it a hell of a lot more damage by treating it as a mini-Limit Break.

and how to level up Sandra, if possible
I already audited her a month or two ago.

Also, it doesn't really matter since she just hides in a corner anyway. Maybe just drop all her offensive actions and make her just near-impossible to down in exchange for her being stuck cowering and self-cocooning? :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:53:30 am by Empiricist »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Eh, she's become somewhat aware of her own cowardice. Hence why she keeps trying to stab things with syringes.
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, okay. Let's talk this over then, what sort of build do you want her to grow into? I mean, in addition to being a psychotic syringe-murderer :P

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

I built her intentionally gimped, which is an issue, but I'm guessing a hybrid tank/[de]buffer/healer, so kinda like a Paladin from various things.

Also, rather than actual tanking it'd be something dodgy, or most likely health regen. Warm and Fuzzy feeling in conjunction with the Loving Scarf is pretty hilarious.
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Um, her sheet doesn't even mention what that Scarf does.

Anyway, I need to sleep now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

But I was finally gonna make a male characterrrrr ;-;
*passes Adragis transgender magical girl*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

...What are you talking about? I asked whether to allow male characters or not, and so far the majority seems to be "yes"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:55:38 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

magical girls
mahou shojo
magical boys
mahou brojo
magical stand-users
mahou jojo
magical chocolatier
mahou coco
magical exclamation or expression of alarm, concern, or resentment about a problem or error
mahou oh no
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

...What are you talking about? I asked whether to allow male characters or not, and so far the majority seems to be "yes"
sorry
thincake

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

What on earth are you talking about, Sl4cker?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[No comment available]
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 1328