Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [Fan Game] ER UFO Defense OOC (Blastoff! here goes)  (Read 3723 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: [Fan Game] ER UFO Defense OOC (still a bit under constuctionish)
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 10:45:14 pm »

welp that makes collateral damage Fun
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Nunzillor

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 10:59:10 pm »

I'm hoping/assuming the hostages are not kids...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 11:24:44 pm »

These are aliens we're speaking of, don't be so sure.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2015, 12:08:16 am »

I'm thinking that Charisma players will have a heavy crisis-management role to fill.

As for strength. I'd take strength 0 to be the baseline requirements for marine infantry that are expected to run long distances with 40-50 kg of gear. And I'll be slightly vague about the levels, though they do affect performance and raw strength. Assume that each level refers to a half standard deviation above or below the norm.

You should be able to take negative levels in strength without too much worry over combat performance with guns. Even women and children can be very deadly with rifles. Guns by themselves are not that heavy. Infantry train to carry heavy loads because of logistical concerns in fighting wars.

The average tactical webbing carries about 10 pouches. You can add utility belts with holsters for more stuff. Everything else goes into the backpack which only makes it that much more troublesome to quickdraw.

Non-pure-combatants will be very important. The team needs its negotiators and its scientists. I may consider allowing a second character, especially given the mortality rates of 21st century combat.

Also I will add a line of science weapons - like tasers to start with, that would eventually evolve into other stun weapons.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:26:48 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2015, 01:48:42 am »

I do need some help with wiki formatting...

My Armory page hurts my eyes.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2015, 05:25:35 am »

-Strength 0 as baseline-
Cool!

Also, if we are going international, may I suggest introducing the "Nationality" field into the character sheet? Just for the fun and diversity-tracking reasons.
Additionally, how about adding a (limited) amount of famous/well-proven guns from all over the world? Some Soviet/Russian, some European, a few Israeli, Chinese, etc. (I, for one, would like to specifically request AKM (or AK-103, if possible, as more modern) - because 7.62x39mm and thick alien skin.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2015, 08:34:03 am »

http://rtdufodefense.wikia.com/wiki/RTDUFODefense_Wikia

Fleshed out the rules page and some company information.

We still need a name for this PMC though.

When we kick this off (soonTM) I'll conscript players to add weapons they want to the wiki.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2015, 08:38:44 am »

Lead Poisoning Delivery Service

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2015, 08:56:48 am »

ExtraTerrestrial Management Force. ETMF.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2015, 09:01:48 am »

Oh dear, this really is turning into X-Com, isn't it? With limited funding (which we are responsible for managing) and whatnot...

Emergency Response and Requisition Alliance of Native Terrans (ERRANT)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 09:37:03 am »

Does this whole thing look workable so far?

ERRANT is catchy.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:43:21 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 06:03:14 pm »

Ayy Removal Milita.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 08:41:09 pm »

Got permission from Piecewise to run the game here for now. Let's get the show started!

Main IC thread rewritten.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Fan Game] ER UFO Defense OOC (Blastoff! here goes)
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2015, 03:16:19 am »

I've got a major exam on Tuesday, might update stuff on Monday if I can find the time.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Fan Game] ER UFO Defense OOC (Blastoff! here goes)
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2015, 01:00:44 am »

Rough plan for the Alien Races:

Grey Aliens, divided into Alpha and Beta castes. Betas are the short squalid types. They are actually the child soldiers of the Greys. Betas possess a more than human level of cruelty, cunning and tenacity. They are immoral but intelligent, have keen senses, physical and extra-physical. While not physically devloped, they are dangerous at all ranges with ranged weapons. Alpha Greys stand at 1.8 to 2 meters tall, and are as physically potent as any well-trained human soldier. Most are well versed in close-combat martial arts on top of their weapon skills. When not leading squads of betas, some Alpha Greys may form specialized commando units. They have somewhat more balanced personalities and tactics than unled Betas, but are no less bloodthirsty.

There are some Masons who believe that the Greys are devolved inner-terrestrial Lemurians. And that reincarnating black magicians sometimes take that form while waiting for their souls to disintegrate.

Reptilian Race: Commanded by sentient lizard men. They may employ genetically modified velociraptors as bloodhounds, and large carnivorous dinos as shock troops. Dragons and drakes are also among their ranks. The lizard men themselves can take to the field with plasma/energy weapons.

Primates: An extremely versatile Planet of the Apes army. Chimpanzee type light infantry, Gorilla shock troops. In co-masonic lore, apes devolved from sexual experiments with humans, rather than humans having evolved from apes.

Necronom IV, the original xenomorph, with all its sexual undertones. It also avoids the laws of ninjitsu that afflicted its movie brethren.

If all goes well, we could throw in a robotic army into the mix... like if Skynet and the Daleks had a baby...

Outline for mission 1: Understrengthed squad of Greys raising hell at a Kindergarten. Craft damaged and somewhat contained by small town mob and local law. Children and any beautiful busty blond young teachers taken hostage and used as human shields. Alien Removal Militia to swoop in and take control hof the situation, in what will either be a Turkey Shoot, or PR fiasco.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 01:18:21 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Pages: 1 [2] 3