Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Game over, man!  (Read 48717 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds good. Or sounds like a plan, anyway. Not a lot of strong opinions on display in any case, and there's no point stretching a game that was meant to be short (sorrynotsorry). So BFEL, if you want to submit two turns, and scorch the earth of your capital on the first one, go ahead. O/w just set yourself AI and submit that as your final turn.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I'd be willing to trade with BFEL.  He might like my Sacred Earth Elementals disguised as Hoburgs.

Which, by the way, Nation Gen should tell the players on inspection of the unit, rather than surprise people in battle.  Hence why I'm making no secret of it.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if you two wanna work that out I don't have a problem with it. Scrabble out the details and let me know email addies, or denounce the very notion as noxious and proceed with nation-razing.

As to the "surprise elementlulz", NG descriptions remain a work in progress. One that should probably progress eventually, but neither of us have been inspired in that particular regard for quite a while...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 05:54:37 pm by E. Albright »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I'll send a PM to BFEL.  We might already talk via PM about things for some unfathomable reason, although we haven't discussed my trade idea yet.   :P

Hm, how does NG create the descriptions, generally?  Always seemed like magic to me, lol.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sacreds, mages, and heroes don't currently have descriptions. Normal troops have very basic descriptions derived from their gear and abilities as programmed by Elmokki around when NG got converted to Dom4, with little (but some) change since then, with some unresolved problems like listing some abilities twice. Priests and "normal" commanders currently have a very barebones madlib-style bag-of-words description based on a handful of attributes that I threw together over the course of a particularly ambitious evening maybe... a year ago?

Which is to say, descriptions are made proceedurally, but not everything has procedures defined...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Normal troops have very basic descriptions derived from their gear and abilities

"X" wears armor and uses weapons x1000000
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sacreds, mages, and heroes don't currently have descriptions. Normal troops have very basic descriptions derived from their gear and abilities as programmed by Elmokki around when NG got converted to Dom4, with little (but some) change since then, with some unresolved problems like listing some abilities twice. Priests and "normal" commanders currently have a very barebones madlib-style bag-of-words description based on a handful of attributes that I threw together over the course of a particularly ambitious evening maybe... a year ago?

Which is to say, descriptions are made proceedurally, but not everything has procedures defined...

So what your saying is, that descriptions need a re-vamp and the job is currently open? Continue...

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How's your Java? More specifically, how's your tolerance for spaghetti with a Java sauce? If you can handle pasta-diving, by all means shuffle on over to https://github.com/elmokki/nationgen, clone yourself a copy, and lose yourself in the code. I promise you that last bit won't be hard. Most of the description stuff is in the nationGen.naming portion of the project, but like most everything, there's bits and pieces all over the place...

(What NationGen really needs is a carefully-planned refactoring. This is something I've contemplated trying more than once, but which quickly disheartens me upon realistic appraisal of the current state of the code.)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So what's happening? BFEL and EuchreJack, are you two swapping or not? The turn got pushed back another 12h, but I'd like to have some notion whether I'm blindly and meaninglessly extending things.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

It was never my impression that BFEL was interested in exchanging his nation to a different one, or that his stalls were due to dissatisfaction with his nation or situation.
I wouldn't expect him to take on Euchre's offer, and will advise somebody to raze his fort and set the nation to AI (E.Albright? Might be even me, if you trust my word that I won't funnel his resources to my failing cause).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BFEL rejected my offer, so no need to postpone the turn.  In fact, I never requested the turn be postponed, I figured anything we decided to do could happen next turn as easily as this turn.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Force-hosting it is, then. And alas, no one playing the game can put his nation to the torch, as Dominions needs unique keys for every player in a given game.

So on a totally unrelated note, anybody in the peanut gallery want to play two turns to totally destroy a nation and salt the earth of its capital?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd be willing to do that. I have the mod and map already downloaded and installed.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

I AI'd
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you AI? I set Shadowlord to run your nation into the ground before the last turn came out, so it looked like your going AI would have been pre-empted by that. Either way, though, no worries; the situation is resolved-ish.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25