Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Game over, man!  (Read 48715 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Nooo, am I going down before Sorzig?
Turns out destroying your last fort was a bad idea, since you stop collecting taxes then. I was hoping to get Euchre's palisades before my candles vanish. Judging by how fast they go - it'll be next turn, so I'm going to bid you all farewell in advance. Thanks for the game fellas, I had a lot of fun.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SORZIG ENDURES

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Turns out destroying your last fort was a bad idea, since you stop collecting taxes then. I was hoping to get Euchre's palisades before my candles vanish. Judging by how fast they go - it'll be next turn, so I'm going to bid you all farewell in advance. Thanks for the game fellas, I had a lot of fun.

Yeah, I was wondering why you demolished your Capital.  And I just thought you were trying to deny its access to me.

And its surprising what happens when you summon Ogres as a besieged party.  They rebuild the place.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update: New turn, Il Palazzo gone.  Farewell sweet prince!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I stalled.  Again.  Since we're surprisingly up to Turn 42, could we extend the host times?

Boy, the world doesn't seem as settled as it was on Turn 42 of Round 18.  Stupid Lazy Hoburgs.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pushed out to 48h.

Also, geez, Sweoitmer, that siege took long enough. What was it, two years to crack Scheiwald's walls?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 01:16:05 pm by E. Albright »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, geez, Sweoitmer, that siege took long enough. What was it, two years to crack Scheiwald's walls?
I think I've found something I dislike about Hoburgs - they can't siege for shit. I keep bringing more troops in, but turn after turn and we're only still just chipping away at the walls.
The real crazy part is that at one point I lured the AI out of the castle and killed like 150 troops (mostly wolves, mixed with some other summons) and it STILL took almost another year to bring down the walls.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Boksi? Do we need to find a sub for you? It's kinda looking like we do...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Boksi? Do we need to find a sub for you? It's kinda looking like we do...
After so many stales in a row, is there even an empire to take over?

Edit: and, unrelated - that was an awesome fireball. Boom! Right on the stack of commanders. Nice change from my wizard's normal aim, which appears to be fueled by whisky and vodka hangovers, and mostly involves roasting my own troops.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:20:09 pm by AlStar »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only half the size of yours, but very definitely yes. 4th place-ish in terms of provinces, 3rd place-ish in terms of army size. Or so my sources suggest.

Changing the thread head to look for a sub, and dropping a preemptive 24h delay.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:34:30 pm by E. Albright »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Looking for sub
« Reply #280 on: March 08, 2016, 09:51:27 pm »

Going to push hosting back to Friday; if we don't have a sub at the end of that time, I'll take drastic measures commensurate with losing our 3rd or 4th place contender.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 09, 2016, 12:52:46 am »

Going to push hosting back to Friday; if we don't have a sub at the end of that time, I'll take drastic measures commensurate with losing our 3rd or 4th place contender.

This does beg the question: Where do you rank the rest of us?

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 09, 2016, 10:39:10 pm »

I'm semi-interested in this nation but I really need some more background. Is the original owner still around to fill me in, or can I get info from the other players in the game?

I'm mainly looking at the political situation he was in before he started staling, and the political situation I'd likely face after several turns of free-feeding on his provinces. I'd rather get the rest of the info by taking a look at his current turn file, since these are NationGen nations so who knows what the hell his troops/commanders are like.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 09, 2016, 10:45:03 pm »

We were commenting on the nation semi-helpfully here.

As a successor, you can dictate the diplomatic situation.  At the least, you are entitled to 3 turns of peace.  You might be able to convince your neighbors to return some land (although I'm not your neighbor, I think, so no promises).

Overall, there are still abundant independent provinces, so things should be more peaceful then they would otherwise be.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 09, 2016, 10:50:15 pm »

Not used to there being independents left after...what, like 4 game years? At that point there's usually already been several small wars and people jockeying for the big ones!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25