Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Game over, man!  (Read 48757 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Looking for sub
« Reply #285 on: March 09, 2016, 10:53:16 pm »

Not used to there being independents left after...what, like 4 game years? At that point there's usually already been several small wars and people jockeying for the big ones!

Well, at least some of those independents "reasserted" themselves.  Others are due to lack of development on the part of certain now absent players.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 10, 2016, 10:01:43 am »

Yeah, having both the nature throne and the death throne active at the same time makes for !!fun!! times.

We've got story events on too, so it's entirely possible that people are having to deal with all kinds of cthulhu-esque end-of-days shit, which tends to slow down expansion.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 10, 2016, 04:16:12 pm »

Hellheart => Kundorf. There's currently a bit over a day left before hosting; lemme know if you need a bit longer for your first turn in this mess...

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 10, 2016, 04:57:18 pm »

I hate entering in the middle of a game in general, but given the current state of my territory and all of the things I need to check and consider (special recruitment, special sites, sites that haven't been searched yet, state of my forces, what are the chances that army X has hidden units that will slaughter me, etc...) it might take some time.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2016, 09:47:30 pm »

I exercised enormous restraint by limiting myself to only 3 reckless and potentially extremely harmful moves on my first turn! I haven't even looked into rituals and forging when so many other things are a total mess.

EDIT: Oh thank God. Nothing terrible happened and I'm no longer 200+ gold in the red.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:50:08 pm by Hellheart »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 17, 2016, 03:57:55 pm »

I'm really saddened that my mummy didn't swipe either of the items from your assassin - not that it probably would've made a difference for who won the following battle, but I can't help but think that him being ethereal might have kept him around a few more rounds - long enough to get that many more kills before my troops left the scene.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 17, 2016, 05:43:07 pm »

From what I read, it may be the case that it'd be helpful to have a person sub in for a nation? I'd be willing to do that.

(I would also like to offer to sub in on this game. I recently got Dominions 4 and am interested in trying out the multiplayer.)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 17, 2016, 06:43:24 pm »

I'm willing to sub you in, but I'm not sure it's worth doing. Sorzig is reduced to two provinces and has been for at least a year; they're holding out with defense from an immobile pretender and very heavy PD. However, if you want to judge this for yourself, shoot me a PM with an email addy. I'll push hosting, as we had two other unsubmitted players anyway.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 17, 2016, 11:04:08 pm »

I'd be willing to give up my spot if Cheeetar wants in.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 22, 2016, 12:58:50 pm »

Hey AlStar, got any Nature gems left?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 22, 2016, 03:18:41 pm »

Trolls are more economical then you'd think - the nature ones, anyway. A mere... 37 gems, I think? A steal compared to the 55 needed for earth trolls.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 22, 2016, 08:52:33 pm »

Trolls are more economical then you'd think - the nature ones, anyway. A mere... 37 gems, I think? A steal compared to the 55 needed for earth trolls.
Of course they are, because they're smaller and weaker.  And the Troll Shaman is the worst troll mage (what, his paths are equivalent to some indies?).

I'm surprised you haven't named a Troll Shaman after me, actually.   :P

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 24, 2016, 08:10:38 am »

Well, I hope you're happy - do you have any idea how many poor blood slaves were mercilessly slaughtered to make those demons? Now I'm going to have to round up a whole new bunch and slaughter them. That blood is on your hands.

Shame that I didn't swap the two armies - I think it would have been quite the amusing fight - you with all your anti-demon gear against an army without a single demon in it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:15:01 am by AlStar »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 26, 2016, 12:25:55 am »

Would it be possible to get a 24 hour extension?  Submitting my 4.18 turn took more out of me than I thought (see that thread, to summarize, I'm a bit under the weather right now), and I'm in no shape to submit the decent turn necessary in the middle of a war.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 26, 2016, 01:07:12 am »

Pushed 24h.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25