Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001990 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #255 on: January 19, 2016, 09:11:00 pm »

This line of logic is limitless in its blockheadedness, we should not worry about immigrant rapists because we already have rapists, we should not worry about two demographic bombs because we have one, why should we worry if the gov collects our information when private comps already do e.t.c.
Except even worse because it substitutes the original quandary with an imagined one, so it becom

Well, no that's not what you're doing. You're the one saying we should only care about halal butchers and dismiss any problems with other butchers. What I'm saying is you tackle the biggest problem first, then work down. You don't single out e.g. rapes by immigrants only and ignore rapes by locals, especially if local rapes are more prevalent.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #256 on: January 19, 2016, 09:24:18 pm »

Well, no that's not what you're doing.
No
You're the one saying we should only care about halal butchers and dismiss any problems with other butchers.
Ok so you haven't even done the courtesy of reading my posts before responding :\
I did mathematics for you Reelya, that's how much I cared for your opinion
That's a slap to the bass

What I'm saying is you tackle the biggest problem first, then work down.
This is the biggest problem and the easiest solved m8 where is the mass deb8 from, you're telling me to ignore an easily solved problem and instead chase after a nebulous Vegan spectre
You don't single out e.g. rapes by immigrants only and ignore rapes by locals, especially if local rapes are more prevalent.
You don't single out e.g. rapes by locals only, especially if rapes by immigrants are more prevalent.

Reminds me of when the Pakistani rape gangs came about and people kept bringing up Savile even though the number of Pakistanis vastly outnumbered Savile in victims, perpetrators, complicit authorities and lacking in lawyers or even being from Britain

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #257 on: January 19, 2016, 10:02:23 pm »

IN MORE REVOLUTIONARY NEWS, The Swiss referendum on whether to ban private banks' ability to make money out of thin air and debt is coming SOON

SWISS FUCK YEAH
SWISLAND SWISLERNLAD
So that should sum up how I feel about this, it's a fantastic economic experiment that could revolutionize three centuries of banking evolution into radical new ebin directions of SWWASRLENAND

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 19, 2016, 10:12:57 pm »

Nazi blood money profiteering?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 19, 2016, 10:18:14 pm »

IN MORE REVOLUTIONARY NEWS, The Swiss referendum on whether to ban private banks' ability to make money out of thin air and debt is coming SOON

SWISS FUCK YEAH
SWISLAND SWISLERNLAD
So that should sum up how I feel about this, it's a fantastic economic experiment that could revolutionize three centuries of banking evolution into radical new ebin directions of SWWASRLENAND

So, basically they are trying to make the central bank into their version of the US Treasury department?

Also, wut on the mention of something as a precursor to returning to the gold standard..... I don't know how much gold switzerland has, but isn't it supposed to have a lot?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 19, 2016, 10:27:24 pm »

And also a horrible accent (at least in the German-speaking areas), as well as generally horribly unfriendly and close-minded people (IME, and at least in the German-speaking areas).
I have to admit though that this is not specific to Swiss German-speakers.

TL;DR: Deutsche Muttersprachler, go fuck yourselves!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:41:44 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 19, 2016, 10:30:16 pm »

And also a horrible accent (at least in the German-speaking areas), as well as generally horribly unfriendly and close-minded people(IME, and at least in the German-speaking areas).
I have to admit though that this is not specific to Swiss German-speakers.

TL;DR: Deutsche Muttersprachler, go fuck yourselves!

ICH BIN EIN BERLINER

Just inserting random, lol.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 19, 2016, 10:42:16 pm »

Yeah, but if he had been a Züricher, I'd gladly have welcomed our new Muscovite overlords :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 19, 2016, 10:55:18 pm »

idk, central banks can use adjusting the fractional reserve amount as one of the levers on the economy. A few percentage points more or less makes a big difference. Just effectively jumping to 100% fractional reserve overnight would basically cause massive deflation and crash the economy. They should gradually raise it and see it it's stable. I doubt anything "magic" happens at 100% fractional reserve as compared to e.g. 95% fractional reserve.

The fractional reserve amount in the USA/Europe are too low however: if something is already zero in most cases, then you can't use that as a lever. They should raise it whenever the economy overheats, as a buffer. Then, the government could have actually lowered it again to boost spending after the crash, without actually spending a dime of taxpayers money.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:12:45 pm by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #264 on: January 19, 2016, 10:56:57 pm »

I'm amazed that you haven't decided to move to Switzerland. It's not in the EU, it's rather closed-border, it has a nice economy, direct democracy... what's not to love?
Abandoning my country?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2016, 11:11:19 pm »

Yeah, but... England, y'know? I can see how Switzerland would be an improvement, if just barely.
The Bay12 postcard club

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2016, 11:15:11 pm »

idk, central banks can use adjusting the fractional reserve amount as one of the levers on the economy. A few percentage points more or less makes a big difference. Just effectively jumping to 100% fractional reserve overnight would basically cause massive deflation and crash the economy. They should gradually raise it and see it it's stable. I doubt anything "magic" happens at 100% fractional reserve as compared to e.g. 95% fractional reserve.

The fractional reserve amount in the USA/Europe are too low however: if something is already zero in most cases, then you can't use that as a lever. They should raise it whenever the economy overheats, as a buffer. Then, the government could have actually lowered it again to boost spending after the crash, without actually spending a dime of taxpayers money.

But at 100% fractional reserve, wouldn't 100% of the money deposited in banks be saved for further use instead of for loans/investments/paying people who want to withdraw money?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2016, 11:20:09 pm »

Yeah, but... England, y'know? I can see how Switzerland would be an improvement, if just barely.
No, in Switzerland you can see the sun in daytime, that makes it an unnatural anomaly of horrible neutrality. Just look at them, the madswossmun are trying to end the eternal samsara of borrowing and bust!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2016, 11:24:35 pm »

Eh, if they become too mad, we'll send in the cavalry. Just ask Steinbrück.

/obscuregermandomesticpoliticsjokes
The Bay12 postcard club

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 20, 2016, 12:14:46 am »

Eh, if they become too mad, we'll send in the cavalry. Just ask Steinbrück.

/obscuregermandomesticpoliticsjokes

Yeah, the POLISH Cavalry.

/attemptbyanamericantogetintothejoke
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 793