Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008143 times)

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #360 on: January 21, 2016, 04:45:36 am »

Dutch police have been visiting citizens tweeting negatively about the refugee crisis, telling them to 'mind their tweets'.

I want off Mr Orwell's wild ride.
I'm going to wait on martinuzz to confirm that one, but if it's true... What the fuck?

Google Translate

Obviously not amazing, but you can get the right idea. Some subtlety may be lost, though.

Flicking through, it focuses on a single guy but references other events that have happened in the past few weeks that are roughly the same.

Bits that stand out to me:

"You tweet a lot," said the agents according Jongeneel when they were seated in his office. "We have orders to ask you to watch your tone. Your tweets may seem seditious. "

Seditious, guys. Fucking seditious.

Sliedrecht Tuesday was a meeting about a refugee center in the region. In the run-up to it placed Jongeneel posted a few tweets. This example: "The College of #Sliedrecht comes with a proposal to deal with over the next two years 250 refugees. What a bad idea! #KominVerzet "Earlier he also wrote:" This let us not happen !? "

If that's really what he said and he got a warning off the police, this a god damn joke. I should note "Kom in Verzet" seems to mean "Come in Resistance" and it seems a phrase against erasure of Dutch heritage?

"It is a subtle boundary that can easily exceed" said law professor Nico Kwakman, affiliated with the University of Groningen. "You may say, 'I think Islam an outdated religion." That is an opinion. But if you go on to say: "Muslims are not good and should be re-educated", exceed you make a boundary "It also depends on who the remark when..

If that's the boundary compared to the above...

"The policeman is seen as someone who detects crime, but also to prevent crime, to advise citizens and help," said criminal justice expert Kwakman. That's what the police would do in cases like this, he thinks. "But it has been, I think, wrong estimate what it means for the individual." It would have been wiser as Kwakman to send another official, one without uniform off on those people. "If a policeman comes to tell you that what you do is not quite right, you feel slighted and criminalized."

TL;DR: We'll send plain clothes and threaten to break his legs next time if he posts his seditious speech.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 21, 2016, 04:57:31 am »

E: I accidentally a post.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #362 on: January 21, 2016, 05:01:28 am »

"The policeman is seen as someone who detects crime, but also to prevent crime, to advise citizens and help," said criminal justice expert Kwakman. That's what the police would do in cases like this, he thinks. "But it has been, I think, wrong estimate what it means for the individual." It would have been wiser as Kwakman to send another official, one without uniform off on those people. "If a policeman comes to tell you that what you do is not quite right, you feel slighted and criminalized."

TL;DR: We'll send plain clothes and threaten to break his legs next time if he posts his seditious speech.

What? How did you get a 'next time' out of that? And a threat? It's literally just a guy saying "Yeah, not a fan of sending uniformed police to tell people their Twitter is out of hand. It'd be better to give them a warning before doing that." Like a speeding ticket in the post or something, except less so.

Also, please don't trust Google Translate so completely. "Opruiend" means "inflammatory" as much or more than "seditious".

And I don't know much about Dutch politics, but 'Kom in Verzet' also means 'come in, opposition' - which I'd read as opposition party, but eh.

Yeah, it looks pretty terrible, but not as terrible as GT makes it look.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 21, 2016, 05:11:29 am »

What? How did you get a 'next time' out of that? And a threat? It's literally just a guy saying "Yeah, not a fan of sending uniformed police to tell people their Twitter is out of hand. It'd be better to give them a warning before doing that." Like a speeding ticket in the post or something, except less so.

Also, please don't trust Google Translate so completely. "Opruiend" means "inflammatory" as much or more than "seditious".

And I don't know much about Dutch politics, but 'Kom in Verzet' also means 'come in, opposition' - which I'd read as opposition party, but eh.

Yeah, it looks pretty terrible, but not as terrible as GT makes it look.

Ah, nevermind, that's another individual talking about it, not a member of the police. I was wrong on that count.

If his speech is as mild as he's making it out to be, even calling it inflammatory is horribly, horribly wrong.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 21, 2016, 06:01:02 am »

The Swedish media just admitted to censoring stories on migrant crime inconvenient to the government platform for the past five years.

Archive
Google Translate
Wikileaks talking about it on Twitter

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #365 on: January 21, 2016, 06:59:46 am »

Sweden YES into the kuk shed

What makes you think deporting someone to the last place they were works?
Helps if you're an island, but yeah you're right you should deport them even further afield, it's why you investigate where they're from first

How exactly do you deport someone to a place that refuses to take them?
By putting them on a flight home

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #366 on: January 21, 2016, 09:51:09 am »

Why the hell should people get a warning from the state for having unpopular opinions? Are we China now?

And before you try to draw a comparison to people talking about deporting those London protesters in the video from the last page - there's a world of distance between people - many of whom aren't even citizens themselves - saying 'ISIS, please come and destroy Western culture, kill the infidels, Islam will dominate the world', and people saying 'No more refugees!'.

I wasn't trying to make an argument. I was just providing a slightly better translation and pointing out the immediate flaws, because I speak a bit of Dutch and don't have to rely totally on Google Translate.

Like I said, "Yeah, it looks pretty terrible, but not as terrible as GT makes it look." It looks terrible. It is terrible. But not that terrible.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 21, 2016, 09:56:39 am »

Immigration has quickly became the favourite method of ensuring economic disparity in the first world.

The weirdest thing is that keeping unemployment figures up makes the rich rich as fuck.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 21, 2016, 10:37:47 am »

I get a feeling it is time to divert this topic from the seemingly never-ending immigration debate by posting economical article in a language almost no one understands. There are some interesting words about product "competitiveness", or rather, lack of it - that much I can derive from Google Translation, but the particular specifics are unclear.

hopefully the local germans will deliver
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 21, 2016, 10:57:26 am »

Quote from: wiki
junge Welt (meaning "Young World" in English) is a German daily newspaper published in Berlin. The jW describes itself as a left and Marxist newspaper. German authorities categorize it as a far-left medium with intentions hostile to the constitutional order
Good source. Has to be very neutral.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2016, 11:00:30 am »

I get a feeling it is time to divert this topic from the seemingly never-ending immigration debate by posting economical article in a language almost no one understands. There are some interesting words about product "competitiveness", or rather, lack of it - that much I can derive from Google Translation, but the particular specifics are unclear.

junge Welt (meaning "Young World" in English) is a German daily newspaper published in Berlin. The jW describes itself as a left and Marxist newspaper. German authorities categorize it as a far-left medium with intentions hostile to the constitutional order

hue

Immigration is the big debate now, Sergarr. That's the reality of it for every European.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 21, 2016, 11:15:34 am »

thought so

hue

Immigration is the big debate now, Sergarr. That's the reality of it for every European.
Wait, does that mean that Ukrainians are not Europeans, since I don't think I've ever heard them debating immigration?

hue
._.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 21, 2016, 11:17:11 am »

Wait, does that mean that Ukrainians are not Europeans, since I don't think I've ever heard them debating immigration?

hue

They've got a big problem with Russians trying to immigrate into Ukraine. ;)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 21, 2016, 11:23:59 am »

hue

They've got a big problem with Russians trying to immigrate into Ukraine. ;)

Oddly enough there are also a lot of Ukrainians trying to immigrate to Russia, only they seem to want to take the land they live on along with them.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2016, 11:25:57 am »

okay then

attempt №2 at switching topic: Russia is continuing to build up military forces by ordering up some 50 new Su-35S Super Duper Flankers, undoubtedly planning to use them to conquer up some Yurop clay via insertion of "little green 4.5 gen fighters", international public alarmed. Also Putin reported flexing his muscles, per witnesses reports, who have instantly converted into Orthodoxal Homosexualism upon such magnificent sight (this part may or may not be actually true).
._.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 793