Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008273 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1215 on: March 22, 2016, 09:20:08 am »

All staff from the Belgian nuclear power plant of Tihange has been evacuated from the power plant, in the light of today's terrorists attacks. There's not more information. The belgian federal court has asked the press to not report anymore on the ongoing situation in Belgium, to not hinder the investigation.

Death toll has risen to 30, more expected still. Number of injured above 100.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:30:29 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 22, 2016, 09:29:00 am »

The Amsterdam police has gotten some complaints about people celebrating the Brussels attacks. They call upon anyone who sees such a thing, to immediatly report it to the police.

*facepalm*

If you guys do have that happening, fucking record it!

I don't know about specific laws in Belgium, but over here we've repeatedly had very large groups of people people marching through the capital openly advocating for the beheading of their political/religious opponents, demanding the death and destruction of our leaders and culture, and celebrating ISIS and other terrorists as martyrs and heroes. They do this under police protection.

I'd be very surprised if recording the people celebrating this terrorist attack did any good.

Where would 'here' be? Just wondering.
Sounds suspiciously like Germany. That or one of the Scandinavian countries. Sweden perhaps?
He's UK, iirc.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 22, 2016, 09:33:31 am »

I think in most western European countries it is legal to demonstrate carrying IS flags. Because constitution, and free speech. Last week our supreme court undid a new law which made it illegal to apologize acts of terrorism, because there was not enough guaruantuee given to prevent abuse and protect press and scientific publication from said law.

Making it illegal is also not smart from a intelligence point of view. WHen they're waving flags out in the open, it's kinda easy to take pictures and register people. When they're no longer allowed to do that, they'll be underground and untracable.

EDIT: 3 suspcts have been arrested so far. 2 in Brussels, one in the train that was stopped near Amsterdam. Belgian authorities report that there still are more perpetrators at large.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:55:19 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 22, 2016, 09:58:18 am »

I didn't think you had freeze peach in Europe. Our newspapers say you don't, anyways.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 22, 2016, 10:01:12 am »

"Freeze peach"? Are you twelve?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 22, 2016, 10:01:29 am »

Our newspapers say you don't, anyways.
I must assume you're from Turkey?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 22, 2016, 10:05:33 am »

Biggest commercial belgian tv channel is still reporting the dead count as 11 or maybe 14.

Nvm, that's airport only.

Can't say much. Heard it in school, apparently every other school was locked down pending evacuation... but not our school?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 22, 2016, 10:05:56 am »

Lol.

I'm guessing iphone/ipad spellchecker screwup.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 22, 2016, 10:10:17 am »

Biggest commercial belgian tv channel is still reporting the dead count as 11 or maybe 14.

Nvm, that's airport only.

Can't say much. Heard it in school, apparently every other school was locked down pending evacuation... but not our school?
All schools have been ordered to keep all children inside. So go back inside.
All businesses have been ordered to keep their staff inside too. Courthouses have closed down, big shopping malls have closed down. People are asked to not go on the street. (Which might be wise, an EU parliamentary member reported seeing snipers on the roofs of Brussels everywhere she could look to from the EU building. You don't want to be mistaken for a target.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 22, 2016, 10:11:16 am »

Lol.

I'm guessing iphone/ipad spellchecker screwup.
It's a shitty meme from neo-Marxists on reddit.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 22, 2016, 10:16:55 am »

In this thread we're above shitposting or memes.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 22, 2016, 10:23:26 am »

Woo.
First time i'm happy about living in the racist eastern Europe. At least muslims give this place a wide berth (most anyway).
Now i'm starting to wonder how long till people get tired of this and start organizing lynch mobs following a "Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims" mindset.
A kristallnacht 2.0 of sorts.

With the amount of shit happening lately i'm surprised it's taking so long for mass reactionary violence to start.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 22, 2016, 10:32:32 am »

The explosives used in the Paris attacks, and possibly again today, worry intelligence services. They point to a highly organized existing network of IS fighters in Europe, which have a bomb factory run by expert bomb makers.
To make the explosive, expert chemical knowledge, and a small compound with professional equipment are required. Intelligence efforts so far have been unable to locate such a lab.

TATP (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone_peroxide) was first (planned to be) used by IS in 2014, when police found 3 red bull cans filled with TATP in the appartment of IS-fighter Ibrahim Boudina, when he was arrested.
The bombvests found in Paris, and trace evidence from the bataclan attack, and the attacks at restaurants in Paris also concluded TATP was used.

The switch to this explosive worries intelligence agencies mostly, because the ingredients are easy to acquire undetected: It requires aceton (nail polish remover) and bleach. One day shopping past a few pharmacy stores, as to not raise suspicion by quantity bought at once, is enough to make another Paris happen.
That, plus it's undetectable by most common explosive detection devices, because it lacks nitrogen
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:43:44 am by martinuzz »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 22, 2016, 10:34:01 am »

Woo.
First time i'm happy about living in the racist eastern Europe. At least muslims give this place a wide berth (most anyway).
Now i'm starting to wonder how long till people get tired of this and start organizing lynch mobs following a "Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims" mindset.
A kristallnacht 2.0 of sorts.

With the amount of shit happening lately i'm surprised it's taking so long for mass reactionary violence to start.

Mob mentality doesn't work that way.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a more advanced purge of Molenbeek with door by door searching of everywhere after this.

Also, RIP schengen.

Edit: Also, from the Politico Euro editions liveblog, sounds like this might accelerate a Brexit.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:38:03 am by smjjames »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 22, 2016, 10:42:25 am »

In this thread we're above shitposting or memes.

Ooh, that actually sounds kind of pleasant. The ameripol thread is something like 75% shitposting.

"Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims" mindset.

Except you can easily disprove that simply by naming Breivik, or if you want to keep going, by rattling off a litany of white non-muslim american terrorists, like Dylan Roof (the racist kid who shot up the AME church), the nutjob who shot up the abortion clinic recently-ish, the Dark Knight theatre shooter, practically every US school shooter ever, everyone who ever assassinated a US president, and so on...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 793