Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008092 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1275 on: March 22, 2016, 08:13:18 pm »

Why is Europe so retarded

I can't even

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: March 22, 2016, 08:27:46 pm »

I'm as confused as you.
Its like a Klein bottle of Bullshit.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 22, 2016, 08:32:41 pm »

Edit: Premise ridiculous.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 08:34:52 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 23, 2016, 02:06:39 am »

Easy. Crusaders are massacring muslims children and women in Syria with their bombing campaigns, you got to avenge them.
Along with a vaguely logical notion of "if we kill enough of them, they'll leave the Middle East". Despite that not having worked for a very long time now. Unfortunately, the conclusion drawn by extremists is "we just haven't killed hard enough yet" (much like conservatives in the US who, despite losing, think the answer is to double-down on the crazy).
Everything is very simple - all non-believers (including "wrong" Muslims) must die. Allah likes when you kill them.

There are no other motivation and no other goals. Motivation of smarter guys, the ones who organize everything and able to bypass security services, is more interesting.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1279 on: March 23, 2016, 08:49:35 am »

Aye, their sect must remove kaffir

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 23, 2016, 10:51:25 am »

What do gun laws have to do with a fucking tragedy caused by terrorism?
Did gun control get so damm engraved in your current generations that somehow you don't need a way to defend yourself?
Sheesh no wonder my grandparents decided to never go back to Europe after world war two.
Because someone compared terrorism to mass shootings and said they are essentially the same thing... when they are not.
Mass shootings are caused by lax gun control where mentally unstable individuals get access to guns and decide to go out with a bang taking some more successful people with them.
Terrorism is doing something with a planned impact on religion, culture or politics and having loads of guns strewn around just makes those easier to pull off.

Not to say that arming your citizens to the teeth has no merits like that texan debacle with Mohammad drawing on exposition attracting 2 armed muslims wanting to shoot the place up but ended up with more then they can chew from the armed texan observers.
In the end 1 security guard was wounded and both attackers lost their lives.
Obviously an attack like that would have a higher bodycount in the EU... but chances are that attack wouldn't even happen because getting guns is that much harder.

Why is Europe so retarded

I can't even

It's a mix of an overall better organized police that's not worthless unless and not being a place where there are more guns than citizens.
Meaning that not every lowlife thug can buy or steal a second hand gun.
So far it works pretty well. The EU population would be armed if people didn't feel safe and clamored for access to guns but the way things are most people simply do not feel the need.

On the other side of the spectrum you have the US where most people are armed and see owning a personal firearm as common sense despite most of them don't really see any practical lifesaving/taking use because even the US is not a post apocalyptic wasteland filled with bandits, raiders and feral ghouls (drug junkies).
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 23, 2016, 11:05:24 am »

What do gun laws have to do with a fucking tragedy caused by terrorism?
Did gun control get so damm engraved in your current generations that somehow you don't need a way to defend yourself?
Sheesh no wonder my grandparents decided to never go back to Europe after world war two.
Because someone compared terrorism to mass shootings and said they are essentially the same thing... when they are not.
Mass shootings are caused by lax gun control where mentally unstable individuals get access to guns and decide to go out with a bang taking some more successful people with them.
Terrorism is doing something with a planned impact on religion, culture or politics and having loads of guns strewn around just makes those easier to pull off.

Not to say that arming your citizens to the teeth has no merits like that texan debacle with Mohammad drawing on exposition attracting 2 armed muslims wanting to shoot the place up but ended up with more then they can chew from the armed texan observers.
In the end 1 security guard was wounded and both attackers lost their lives.
Obviously an attack like that would have a higher bodycount in the EU... but chances are that attack wouldn't even happen because getting guns is that much harder.

Um, it was the security guards and police that killed the attackers, not random armed civillians, just correcting you.

Also, given how tight security was at that exposition, you probably couldn't take a gun inside there anyway. Aside from the security people and police.

Still, Texas and all that....

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 23, 2016, 11:22:23 am »

(Every info in this post is from this article of the Belgian public broadcaster)

Two of the terrorists have been identified, two brothers, Ibrahim and Khalid al Bakraoui. respectively the kamikazes at the airport and metro station. A third man that had been seen dropping another explosive charge and then leaving the airport is still unidentified. They earlier said they were looking for three people at the airport, so it's not entirely clear why they're only looking for two now.

A raid on a flat they used reveal 15 kg of TATP as well as 150l of acetone and 30 of H2O2 as well as nails and screws. A laptop containing a testament of Ibrahim was found in a garbage bin close to the flat, saying he was feeling tracked and felt he had to do something before finishing his life in prison. His pisture had been sent to all the police forces of Belgium after a raid on a flat last week that ended with two islamists dead aftera  shootout with the police.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 23, 2016, 11:28:29 am »

Two of the terrorists have been identified, two brothers, Ibrahim and Khalid al Bakraoui. respectively the kamikazes at the airport and metro station. A third man that had been seen dropping another explosive charge and then leaving the airport is still unidentified. They earlier said they were looking for three people at the airport, so it's not entirely clear why they're only looking for two now.
Are they Belgian citizens?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 23, 2016, 11:29:05 am »

Um, it was the security guards and police that killed the attackers, not random armed civillians, just correcting you.

Also, given how tight security was at that exposition, you probably couldn't take a gun inside there anyway. Aside from the security people and police.

Still, Texas and all that....
Still the people who went there knew what to do under fire at least.
And yeah i guess i didn't know the details. All i knew that only one human got wounded. A security guard i think.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 23, 2016, 11:39:23 am »

Are they Belgian citizens?

Both born and bred in Brussels.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 23, 2016, 11:46:56 am »

On the other side of the spectrum you have the US where most people are armed
Just have to correct this, because it's a common assumption around the world. While there ARE enough firearms owned in the US to arm every single man, woman and child, that's not how they're actually distributed. Overall, gun ownership is around 32%, so about 2/3 of Americans are not armed. Furthermore, many of those who do own a gun do not walk around with it on their person at all times.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 23, 2016, 11:52:51 am »

Sultan Erdogan has blamed Belgian authorities for Brussels. One of the suicide bombers was arrested in Turkey last june, and extradited to the Belgian authorities, which apparently let him walk free. Erdogan says Belgium disregarded the warnings their intelligence gave to the Belgian intelligence.

Also, casualties might still rise. Yesterday, there were no Dutch casualties reported except for one light injury. Today, there are 3 Dutch people missing that were at the airport at the time of the explosion. Two of them were on the phone with their parents. Last thing they heard was a blast and the phone going dead. I hope they didn't get blasted into a pulp.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:58:26 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 23, 2016, 12:12:15 pm »

The thrid suspect is apparently called Najim Laachraoui, another Belgian. He was known to have been to Syria, and appears in a current court proceeding under a nom de guerre. He was also apparently arrested at the Austro-Hungarian border but escaped using a fake ID.

I'm going to agree with Erdogan here, our security service have shown themselves to sucks. Abdeslam managed to hide for over three months in the same part of Brussels. Those other guys have been running circles around our police. Ibrahim was actually on the run from parole violation.

Not that it a surprise. The jokes about the Belgian state being dysfunctional hide a sad truth. Years of infighting between Flemish and Walloons and attempt to devolve powers from the central state at all costs have left the thing a mess. For exemple, it is communities that are responsible for monitoring prisoners on parole wearing electronic bracelets, despite the fact that they have otherwise no police or judicial power. Paying soldiers to stand at street corners looks good, but is expensive and useless. Our police is so white that it'd make Ferguson PD look like a rainbow nation, which makes it harder to infiltrate jihadis cells.

Also: American injured in the Boston Marathon victim injured at Zaventem airport. God hates Mormon  :P.

Edit: Actually, he was a block away from the Boston bomb. Fuck those headlines.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:14:10 pm by Sheb »

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 23, 2016, 12:16:09 pm »

The fact that these humanoids got spawned in Belgium and then grew there does not mean they are REAL Belgians.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 793